Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: End of Days - 3 New Factions Addon (Download here)

Default End of Days - 3 New Factions Addon (Download here)

Hi all,
    I present for your enjoyment, a small mod that adds three new factions to the eastern part of the campaign map (some pics in the in the next post). It's been tested fairly extensively and seems to maintain the great stability of the EoD mod.

To install just download and extract to you "...\BI\eod" folder and overwrite/merge where prompted and it should be good to go (run with the existing EoD shortcut). More detailed install instructions, as well as more details on changes made can be found in the readme file which I have attached.

V1.2 (With hero units!) addon can be found at:
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/24667...Addon_V1.2.zip

or

http://www.moddb.com/downloads/3-fac...nd-of-days-mod

Hero Units are very strong units unique to each faction's home region. They are coded as (very costly) mercenary units with a very slow refresh rate (50+ turns). This means that any losses taken to a hero unit cannot be easily replaced (makes for a bit of a cost/benefit if using them in a pitched battle). Heroes can only be recruited in a faction's home region, but any hero can be recruited by any faction (so if you conquer a certain faction, that faction's heroes will be up for grabs). Each faction starts the campaign with their respective hero attached to one of their armies.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by CapnDan; January 03, 2015 at 04:48 PM. Reason: links

Default Re: End of Days - Blue Lotus Addon

Here's a quick preview of the unit rosters for the three new factions:

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: End of Days - 3 New Factions Addon (Download here)

Congrats on the release..

Nice.But the campaign doesn't works.When I go to the campaign and select a faction,game returns to the main menu.Then,when I close the game,I get this

Whoops, sorry about that, I forgot to mention that you'll have to delete the "map.rwm" file in ...bi\eod\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion as this addon changes the campaign map slightly.

Thanks for the detailed error note btw.
    Does it work for your after deleting the file?

Blog Entries

OP edited..

Congrats! May I suggest something? To avoid people from having to erase the map.rwm file, you modders could run the mod with the patch and then include the map.rwm in the released addon. In this way people don't have to erase the file (as it's a new one fully compatible with the new addon) and also, they can play online battles without the necessity of erasing that file (as they will all have the same map.rwm). Cheers
    Last edited by Mataputas; January 03, 2012 at 06:44 AM.
    There are none so enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

Blog Entries

It would make sense..

Now it works.Thanks,really
    Kushans are awesome.

Glad to hear it works!

@Mataputas, that's a really good idea, I can't believe I didn't even consider something like that considering all the map.rwm deleting I did while building this thing... next time for sure.

A suggestion,anyway,put the Islamic nation in Arabia.Not only it would work since it would be historical(though historicity is not the aim of the mod)but it would also prevent Akagi from steamrolling anyone.

Interesting idea. I could potentially improve/increase the rebel garrisons surrounding the Akagi to slow their expansion a bit. Moving the Islamic Nation faction over would probably guarantee Islam/Akagi war every game whereas right now it tends to be very different each time you play the campaign.

Part of the reason the Akagi make a pretty powerful impact early on is that they start with a relatively large, relatively advanced army including a couple of elite units (you'll be able to tell the special starting units because they all have +3 (gold) weapon and armour). In theory, this was supposed to be balanced by the fact that those units are costly to maintain and that the Akagi start with few initial settlements relatively far from immediate expansion opportunities.

If you're playing as the Kushan faction, their big advantage (aside from being the only faction with access to elephants - devastating if used correctly btw) is that they can mass produce halfway decent units (typically somewhat stronger than average in attack, and slightly weaker than average in defence) at relatively low cost. The Barac Guardsmen in phalanx formation make for a particularly formidable force that even the best Akagi unit has only a slim chance of beating if attacking from the front. Just watch out for the Samurai Marksmen at range!

Also, the initial Akagi settlements tend to be left mostly undefended as the faction expands, try building boats and attacking them from the South-East. It certainly won't be easy, but what would be the point if it was!

Alright, here we go, barring any major surprises, this'll be the final version.
    I'm not 100% sure about the multiplayer balancing since I don't really play multiplayer but I've given it my best shot and after reviewing it a few minutes ago, I think it looks pretty good and keeps fairly well to faction-specific strengths and weaknesses.

Installation is just a matter of extracting the file from the link below to your \bi\eod folder and selecting 'yes' when prompted to merge folders and replace files. The same process should work to replace V1.0 if you have it installed already. This probably won't be save game compatible with V1.0 though as there are a few new changes to the campaign map.

Of course, any feedback is appreciated.

Download link:
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/21517...addon+V1.1.zip

V1.1 Changes
    -Added map.rwm (no more need to delete anything after installing)
    -did some unit cost balancing for multiplayer
    -increased rebel garrisons around Akagi campaign starting position
    -updated/fixed unit and campaign descriptions
    -removed options to build large and epic stone walls due to the annoyingly persistent siege tower bugs
    -Added a special unit for the Qin, updated others

Quote Originally Posted by CapnDan View Post
    Alright, here we go, barring any major surprises, this'll be the final version.
    I'm not 100% sure about the multiplayer balancing since I don't really play multiplayer but I've given it my best shot and after reviewing it a few minutes ago, I think it looks pretty good and keeps fairly well to faction-specific strengths and weaknesses.

Installation is just a matter of extracting the file from the link below to your \bi\eod folder and selecting 'yes' when prompted to merge folders and replace files. The same process should work to replace V1.0 if you have it installed already. This probably won't be save game compatible with V1.0 though as there are a few new changes to the campaign map.

Of course, any feedback is appreciated.

Download link:
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/21517...addon+V1.1.zip

V1.1 Changes
    -Added map.rwm (no more need to delete anything after installing)
    -did some unit cost balancing for multiplayer
    -increased rebel garrisons around Akagi campaign starting position
    -updated/fixed unit and campaign descriptions
    -removed options to build large and epic stone walls due to the annoyingly persistent siege tower bugs
    -Added a special unit for the Qin, updated others

Awesome, thanks! I love your submod, the new factions really add new flavour. I have noticed that the Akagi usually (not always) become the most powerful faction by taking the most provinces. Hopefully now the Satanae will take over that role.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Thanks, glad you like it!
    The new campaign values do tend to ensure the Akagi AI keeps to it's corner pretty reliably.

Well looks like I missed updating unit descriptions for the exciting new rocket launcher.

If you drop the attached file into your eod/data/text folder (of V1.1 of the addon) it'll correct the omission.

Cool, thanks! I haven't gotten around to trying it yet so I haven't notice. I'll send some feedback sometime soon.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

First, this (sub)mod is awesome!!
    Secondly. Why didn't you use sanguo textures (3 kingdoms)? They look much better (for the buildings)

The settlement work in Sanguo is pretty excellent for sure.
    I had thought about asking if I could borrow some custom stuff for the Asian factions but I ended up finding settlement work pretty challenging. Even little things like trying to get the correct faction flags on settlements caused me loads of stability problems (main reason likely being that I didn't really know what I was doing ). So I ended up leaving it aside and never really got back to it.

The link for the playable factions from file front is Broken =( when I try it redirects me to the home page and says file is not found

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast