Thread: terrain and weather effects?

Default terrain and weather effects?

I have some questions regarding battles and the campaign screen. Does the terrain and weather effect unit movement, accuracy of ranged weapons etc during battles? Is movement effected in the campaign screen during winter? If so where do I get info on the actual effects? Is it advisable to try and flank spearmen or other defensive "anti cavalry" units with my light horsemen or any type of horseman or will the spear men, for example turn, and face the charge?

Default Re: terrain and weather effects?

Weather and terarin does effect u very much. If it rains your archers are considerably more ineffective. It should affect gunpowder units altho I haven't used those in ages.
    Steep hills make your infantry tire quickly. So avoid going uphill. Tired men suffer from combat efficiency and poorer morale. Poor quality troops tire very quickly.

Flanking or hitting the rear of any enemy unit with any unit is always a good idea. It doesn't matter if its infantry, cavalry or archer. Hitting enemy in the rear is always good. Schiltrom formation is the only formation that gives protection all round.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

It effects your units, even stuff like heat or scrub.

Is their away fro me to see what the weather will be on the campaign map before I go into battle? I entered a battle yesterday I couldn't see a thing...fog!!

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

You can Wait three times at the begining of the battle. You can change the weather that way.