Thread: Dwarven Unit Sizes

Default Dwarven Unit Sizes

Anyone else feel that they should be reduced to similar sizes as Elves? Two reasons:
    1. Dwarves are not very populous, certainly not as much as men. I know their recruitment times are longer but I feel as if they should be on the same level as Elves as far as number of men per unit.
    2. Dwarves massacre everything in auto-calcs. In my Dale campaign I just watched a quarter Dwarven stack beat back 3 3/4-full stacks from Rhun without batting an eye and then proceeded to take the northernmost Rhunnic town. I was expecting to have to defend Celduin, but as it is, I can just focus on moving southwards around the Sea of Rhun. In most of my campaigns, Dwarves are one of, if not the most powerful faction, and usually conquer northern Rhun as well as the Grey Mountains and Gundabad from the Orcs with ease. They make it down to Moria about half the time which seems somewhat absurd.

What do you guys think?

Default Re: Dwarven Unit Sizes

Of course they should. That's why I only play RR/RC.

Axemen of Erebor - 100 "men" per unit
    Dragonslayers of Ered Mithrin - 80
    Guards of Khazad-Dum - 60
    Dwarven Warriors - 120
    Crossbowmen - 120
    Halberdmen - 120
    Vault Wardens - 150
    Axemen - 120
    Axethrowers - 120
    Miners - 150
    Iron Guards - 100

For comparison:

Eldar Archers - 80 men per unit
    Eldar Swordsmen - 100
    Eldar Spearmen - 120
    Elf Archers - 100
    High Elves Swordsmen - 120
    Elven Archers - 120
    Eldar Lancers - 40
    Warriors of Mithlond - 80
    Smiths of Eregion - 120

Silvan Spearmen - 120 men per unit
    Forest Wardens - 100
    Silvan Heavy Spearmen - 100
    Silvan Heavy Swordsmen - 80
    Sentinels of the Woodland Realms - 120
    Galadhrim Archers - 100
    Silvan Horsearchers - 60

Gondor Militia - 150 men per unit
    Gondor Cavalry Militia - 60
    Gondor Archers - 150
    Gondor Infantry - 150
    Gondor Spearmen - 200
    Gondor Cavalry - 60

All of the Misty Mountain Orcs' units are 250, except for Wargs, which are 100.
    Lower-class Mordor orc units are 250, but the Uruk units are 200.
    Isengard's Uruk-Hai are 200, except for the pikemen, which are 250.
    Rohan and Rhun always have 75 men in a cavalry unit. Their infantry ranges from 120 to 150.
    Last edited by k/t; December 30, 2011 at 04:24 PM.

I'm a little confused--k/t, what is RR/RC? My unit sizes are half of what you listed (Baron Samedi mod on top of vanilla 3.1)

what is RR/RC

Quote Originally Posted by LoneCaribou View Post
    I'm a little confused--k/t, what is RR/RC? My unit sizes are half of what you listed (Baron Samedi mod on top of vanilla 3.1)
    RR/RC stands for Real Recruitment/ Real Combat and it's a system made by Point Blank which, for TATW, you can find here (for 1.41 version only, not for the last 3.x)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=259833

Unit sizes wroted by k/t are in "Huge size"... you might have selected Medium or Large size in game options...

I made a mini-submod in which I adapted RC stats to the last 3.x version... I'm waiting for Point Blanks answer to see if he lets me realease it.
    Last edited by Darth Lord Revan; December 30, 2011 at 08:39 PM.
    Real Combat stats for TATW 3 submod by Darth Lord Revan

Thread link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post10821526

Download attachment in OP

Ah, you were right--I did not even realize that I could make unit sizes larger...by default "normal" was selected. Now they will be "huge." Thanks. ^_^

Mikail Mengsk's Avatar Primicerius

I'm working on a total rework of all units' stats and numbers, and surely Dwarves will have few numbers and better stats to compensate, just as Elves (even less numbers and higher stats).

My idea is 250 for snagas and goblins, 200 for orcs, 150 for uruk-hai, 120 for men, 80 for dwarves and silvan elves, and 75 or so for high elves. Higher-rank units will have fewer numbers (for example, an elite human unit will have 80 men, and an elite orcish one will have 100-120).
    It's only after you have lost everything, that you are free to do anything.

Does any one have any recommendations on how much I should increase dwarven units stats, since I feel they are too weak?

dwarven units are defin underpowered in stats they have hard time against globins in the game lol only thing keeping them useful is that they have a not bad body count

Here's the EDU of TA 1.4 with RR/RC.

Thanks

Marvel at its glory.