Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: HELP! The Dark Gods aren't Letting Me Play CoW 1.5!! (Installation Help thread)

Default Re: HELP! The Dark Gods aren't Letting Me Play CoW 1.5!! (Installation Help thread)

Sorry for the delay. I haven't had a crash again yet, but I will set up the log program for the future. Hopefully a patch will come fixing wonky ai reinforcement behavior.

Default Re: HELP! The Dark Gods aren't Letting Me Play CoW 1.5!! (Installation Help thread)

Yet another Sigmar preserve us, Chaos has taken over!. My besieged Stirland army vs two full stacks of Sylvania filth. I lost over 900 men but they over 4500. Hard earned victory and...crash. As usual. No matter if i play siege or normal battle. 30-50% times its crash.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=546627

Try replacing this script. Basically, the issue seems to be reinforcement ai and whatnot. Sadly, you can't play saved games. My Domination with Border princes ends now I guess. But at least no more crashes during massive battles.

I replaced this script with one he attached. Crash in siege battle.

every time i click on the batch file to start the game i get a message saying windows could not find kingdoms.exe, any help?

That usually means that it didn't go to the Kingdoms mod file, moving it fixes the problem.

it's all in the mod file, if it's any help when i downloaded it it said 1.5 but in the readme files it says 1.4, would this make a diference?
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 17, 2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: multiple posts merged

No, actively find the kingdoms.exe file, if it is within the appropiate file already as is the mod, then I'm not entirely sure what your problem is.

i reinstalled it and it started but at the start screen with the call of warhammer sign an error message comes up with an exclamation mark and it ctd

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Your installation is pretty messed up. Uninstall and manually remove any Call of Warhammer folders in the Medieval II Total War\mods folder.
    Run this tutorial and delete the Medieval II folder in the VirtualStore
    Re-install the mod
    Check if it is now installed in the mods folder (...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Call_of_Warhammer)

i've reinstalled it but it didn't work again

I CAN NOT GET NEW 1.5.1 rar. files TO WORK. Downloaded all the different parts for days. But The .rar files are all corrupted /broken. No problems with the 1.4.4 rar files but all the 1.5 are broken. It is crazy. tried 3 different programs to unzip and all the rar files crash at the last part. What the heck is up. spend days downloading and they are all worthless. Wanted to play the new version so bad but is it a lost cause for a year or something? Is it hopeless for a new version to be downloaded and have a stable no crash campagn. 1.4.4 worked 100% and am at turn 48

Blog Entries

Fret not - that's why I created this.

thanks for giving me some help

Hi
    I played as tzeentch, when i pressed end button on turn 31, Khorne turn just stopped, everything stayed still, i used the reveal map and saw only 1 stack of khorne appeared in orc area moved and then everything just stopped, could you help me with this bug please?

I've downloaded installer through torrent, applied it to a fresh patched copy of M2TW with Kingdoms in a different than installation folder (ofc I did change installation folder for all 3 parts of RoDG).

While applying patch 005 I got stuck at about 10% on an error saying that file Todbringer.tga in Game Folder\mods\Rage_of_dark_Gods\data\models_strat\textures is either missing or corrupt. It is there, with 253.403 bytes of size. Nothing is write protected.

Currently I am reinstalling whole RODG, but in case it won't help, what should I do?

EDIT: Happened again on 22%, same file

EDIT 2: Without patch it just crashes to desktop from launch screen (not even getting to menus).

Atm I'm downloading a 1.51 patch from link provided here:
    http://empiretw.ru/board/index.php?s...2&#entry527802

Will keep updating on my progress.
    Last edited by NinoSS; July 30, 2012 at 01:51 PM.

Blog Entries

This is a curious case - the torrent files should not get corrupted. But then you are doing a mix&match by the looks of it. Rage_of_dark_Gods is the path to my version of CoW 1.5.1 - the empire.ru link is to the Russian version.

Proceed as follows to sort this out:

1. Manually delete your complete Rage_of_dark_Gods installation
    2. Follow this tutorial from step 3 onward and delete the M2TW folder in the virtual store
    3. Download the installation files from this page and run them
    4. Download the patch and fixes from this post and install them in numerical order (patch first).

Fortunetely I didn't have to download it all over again - full reinstall into fresh M2TW copy in it's actuall installation folder worked well enough

And gotta say, that mod is damn awesome. I've tried it some time ago in early development and it was promising. Now it's a masterpiece

Okay, so I'm sorry if this is misplaced but it looked like the most appropriate place to post.

I can successfully load the mod, and I can play custom battles. However, whenever I try to begin a campaign, I get caught in this menu loop where I'll select the faction I want to play, click continue, and it will take me back to the mode menu (custom battle, campaign, etc.). The loop doesn't end, and the loop itself doesn't cause a crash.

However, when I click any other option (such as custom battle, or even the "go back" button), the game unceremoniously ctd's with no error message whatsoever.
    I'm running RotDG patched to 1.51.

Blog Entries

A return to menu is well documented in the log. Check the first post in my thread (I assume you are using that version) for the 'Error Reporting' section and then post the log there.

anyone know how to fix my crashes heres a log for most recent one

Blog Entries

See my response in the other thread.