Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: HELP! The Dark Gods aren't Letting Me Play CoW 1.5!! (Installation Help thread)

Default Re: HELP! The Dark Gods aren't Letting Me Play CoW 1.5!! (Installation Help thread)

Escuse me..I have a question....What is the string_bin_converter.bi ?!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: HELP! The Dark Gods aren't Letting Me Play CoW 1.5!! (Installation Help thread)

no right: looks like the file is write protected. right click the file, choose properties, unmark the 'Read-only' field at the bottom, click 'apply' and then click 'ok'
    You should now be able to work with that file.

No...I can't save directly in TEXT folder, because i still have not the right..I save at first in documents, and then i try to copy in TEXT folder, and eliminate the history_events.txt.strings but i still can't start a campaign....There's a hope for me to play this game in english?Or the dark god had win this battle?

Blog Entries

string_bin_converter.py is a small file that converts string.bi files into txt files. It requires to have python installed and the PY file associated with it.

Please use the notepad program that comes with Windows to work with these txt files. Other editor programs (office word, wordpad etc) leave formatting that will corrupt the string.bin file when converted.

Have you tried to use the updated files I linked you to?

Yes....I try with "your" text-file, but....When i replace all with "your" text files, i can't start the campaign....And i had already try with note-pad.....But i can't save......Mmmmmmmmm.......Maybe i have to try to downoad your version of call of warhammer???I had learn in this forum, that you made a version of the 1.5.1 call of warhammer, all in english....I read wrong?

Blog Entries

Yes, I made an easy to install, English version. Check here.

Is it completely in english???The voice, the historic events, the name, etc etc???Is it the version 1.5.1?

Blog Entries

Once you have installed it all that is true. First install install the main game (mod) - after that the patch and quick fixes in the second post and that's all you need.

Wht i can'recruit in the city of the dwarf that i had taken, with the high elf????I have build the construction for recruti, but i can't do that..

Blog Entries

You require a smith I believe - right click the building in your list, that should bring up recruitment possibilities and additional requirements.
    There is also a bug that doesn't let you recruit units from the first round that the building exists, the pool slowly builds up in the round after (transparent unit pictures)

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

The elves require ports to recruit too. And I think they cant recruit on winter.

In a lot of battle, the game crush and tell me "Sigma preserve us, chaos has taken over! Closing the gates to save us".............And i don't battle with, chaos.......

Blog Entries

I just released paradamed's new siege engine fix that might help with those crashes.
    And the message is the normal 'Medieval 2 has encountered an error..' it's my trademark change in the text file.

Sorry, but..I don't understand...I had already download and installed all the link in the page that you linked me! =)
    I try to change faction, and with the empire...I was under attak of chaos...When i had finish my battle, at the end of the load of the turn, it's crash me and tells me "sigma blablabla soul blablabla gates"!...... =(

Obviously, your installation has been infected with the vile taint of Chaos. The only solution is to purge the taint with the fix that Gigantus linked above. Fear not, for the great Gigantus has great experience in battling the wretched hordes of the Enemy, and his solutions are second to none.

Yeah, i belive it, but, when i open the attachment, it's send me into a page where there are at least 4 or five patch, and i think that i had already installed those patch, when i had installe dthe game (Gig version).......But i still have the same problem: when i battle with an army near a city, and i win over the main army, and the reinforcments (in the city) , when the game return on the map, it crash! ....... I think that i can't paly that mod, cause it's the third time that i restart the campaign....................=( =( =(

Hey, I had the mod installed on my old computer, and had some technical issues with it (probably because my PC was very old and overheating etc).
    I have a new PC now, windows 7 etc and installed the mod in exactly the same way as before;

I installed MTW2 + Kingdoms (through steam), I downloaded the torrents and installed the parts and the patch, and did the hotfixes, installing the mod into the main directory of MTW2 as 'myproduct' showed in the path, as described in the steam kingdoms launcher app.

The problem is my game crashes as it starts to load. Vanilla works fine. Logs are below and if you could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ponch! View Post
    Yeah, i belive it, but, when i open the attachment, it's send me into a page where there are at least 4 or five patch, and i think that i had already installed those patch, when i had installe dthe game (Gig version).......But i still have the same problem: when i battle with an army near a city, and i win over the main army, and the reinforcments (in the city) , when the game return on the map, it crash! ....... I think that i can't paly that mod, cause it's the third time that i restart the campaign....................=( =( =(
    This post has all the patches and fixes that have been released so far for the RodG version. they have to be installed in sequence. I would suggest to first follow this tutorial from step 3 onward before re-installing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Penguin918 View Post
    Hey, I had the mod installed on my old computer, and had some technical issues with it (probably because my PC was very old and overheating etc).
    I have a new PC now, windows 7 etc and installed the mod in exactly the same way as before;

I installed MTW2 + Kingdoms (through steam), I downloaded the torrents and installed the parts and the patch, and did the hotfixes, installing the mod into the main directory of MTW2 as 'myproduct' showed in the path, as described in the steam kingdoms launcher app.

The problem is my game crashes as it starts to load. Vanilla works fine. Logs are below and if you could help, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Faint memory tells me that the first or second part of the installment ends after the animation pack (the last file mentioned in the log). Could it be that you installed one of the three parts into a wrong folder?

Another Sigmar preserve us, Chaos has taken over! It specifically seems to happen with reinforcements. The size does not matter, since the game has crashed both with large and small battles (with reinforcements). What remains to be seen, is whether one can wait this out for a patch, or is there an active fix? I tried updating with gigantus's patches, but no luck.

Blog Entries

Can you provide a log please? See the first post (error reporting) for details on how to do so.