Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: HELP! The Dark Gods aren't Letting Me Play CoW 1.5!! (Installation Help thread)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: HELP! The Dark Gods aren't Letting Me Play CoW 1.5!! (Installation Help thread)

One is glad to be of service

Default Re: HELP! The Dark Gods aren't Letting Me Play CoW 1.5!! (Installation Help thread)

I followed the tutorial and modified what it says but it still does not work do you think i should reinstall everything after these modifications?
    HAPPY 150° BIRTHDAY ITALY!!!

Blog Entries

Did you delete the medieval 2 folder in the virtual store? After that remove your CoW installation and re-install.

Do you know how can i delete that folder? thanks
    HAPPY 150° BIRTHDAY ITALY!!!

Hi i wanna start off by this mod looks sick. but i cant play it lol. im having a hard time just installing the v1.5 on my game i have the gold edition and whenever i hit the setup it says it cant be applied to the americas campaign i have even uninstalling the americas and nothing

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

My good sire, in the descr_strat.txt (the one where you fixed the recruitment in the first turn) there's a line that reads:
    character_record Sigismund von_Raukov, male, age -116, dead 75, never_a_leader

Saying that the age is out of the limits or something.

I'm having an error related to it, but not all the time. Comparing it to other (older from the 005 patch) versions it reads:
    character_record Sigismund von_Raukov, male, age 140, dead 75, never_a_leader

I wonder, why is this and which is supposed to be the right one.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Blog Entries

There are actually two entries like this:

character_record Sigismund von_Raukov, male, age -116, dead 75, never_a_leader
    character_record Gertrudis, female, age -116, dead 65, never_a_leader

This is usually a sign that the original age exceeded the 'vanilla' age in descr_campaign_db plus I worked on it with Geomod (which does the negative thing with excess age). In the above cases it should both be 140 - it shouldn't be game breaking and you can correct it if you wish.

No, is not, and actually once I corrected an error with a watchtower placement that error didn't show up anymore.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Hello that is my first post.

I`ve Medieval Total war steam wersion. I launch CoW as an admistrator.

Before the game launcher i get an error of miscosoft net framework:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
    at System.Number.ParseDouble(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
    at System.Double.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider)
    at System.Convert.ToDouble(String value, IFormatProvider provider)
    at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToDouble(IFormatProvider provider)
    at System.Convert.ToDouble(Object value)
    at UpdateLib.UpdateCore.Init(String updateDbPath, String versionDbPath, Boolean isUpdater)
    at Launcher.LauncherMainForm.LauncherMainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    Launcher
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2669.20298
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2669.20298
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval%20II%20Total%20War/Launcher.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
    CoreLib
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval%20II%20Total%20War/CoreLib.DLL
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
    SkinLib
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval%20II%20Total%20War/SkinLib.DLL
    AxInterop.SHDocVw
    Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval%20II%20Total%20War/AxInterop.SHDocVw.DLL
    Interop.SHDocVw
    Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval%20II%20Total%20War/Interop.SHDocVw.DLL
    Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/accessibility/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/accessibility.dll
    UpdateLib
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval%20II%20Total%20War/UpdateLib.DLL
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll
    Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
    Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/microsoft.directx.audiovideoplayback/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/microsoft.directx.audiovideoplayback.dll
    Microsoft.DirectX
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
    Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/microsoft.directx/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/microsoft.directx.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
    application or machine (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
    rather than being handled by this dialog.

I click contiuniue, I choose CoW form the mod list and i can see:

Medieval II suffered a fatal error and will now exit.

If i do not run as administrator i can see: Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Please help it is my third day when I`m trying to launch game on my own

Ditch the launcher, that lousy launcher is nothing but trouble! Do what I did:

On the folder of the game on steam:
    1) Delete launcher.exe (make a backup if you want, but steam makes that unnecessary)
    2) Renamed kingdoms.exe to launcher.exe

On the desktop
    3) Right click on the mod icon, select edit, you'll see Notepad will launch.
    4) You will see a few text lines, don't change anything but the words kingdoms.exe for launcher.exe

Tada! You can now access the mod from it's desktop shortcuts. If you wanna play other mods you have to do the same renaming in their launch shorcuts. If you want to play vanilla you have to redirect the kingdoms shortcut to the "launcher.exe" that in reality is the kingdoms.exe in disguise. This will make Steam launch the game directly, which trust me is way better.

Foederatus

Hello, I've got a problem, it's not quite a bug but I thought I'd place it here, there seems to be a problem with "mirror 2" of the "English Menu Fix for 1.5.1 and English translation for the recently released 1.5.1 version" otherwise the game seems to work on version 1.5.1 but everyone seems to be talking in Russian without that file.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Ditch the launcher, that lousy launcher is nothing but trouble! Do what I did:

On the folder of the game on steam:
    1) Delete launcher.exe (make a backup if you want, but steam makes that unnecessary)
    2) Renamed kingdoms.exe to launcher.exe

On the desktop
    3) Right click on the mod icon, select edit, you'll see Notepad will launch.
    4) You will see a few text lines, don't change anything but the words kingdoms.exe for launcher.exe

Tada! You can now access the mod from it's desktop shortcuts. If you wanna play other mods you have to do the same renaming in their launch shorcuts. If you want to play vanilla you have to redirect the kingdoms shortcut to the "launcher.exe" that in reality is the kingdoms.exe in disguise. This will make Steam launch the game directly, which trust me is way better.
    Tada!! I worked Thank you a lot Lord Baal! I owe You

Could anybody add that TIP to the steam lauch topic?

Don't worry pal, I'm here to serve and conquer Tauri worlds.

Blog Entries

We do have the Creating a World - Mod Install for Steam tutorial...

Hello. I have recently installed Call of Warhammer and I would like to ask a few questions. I don't know if all of them should be posted on this specific thread but I hope that is alright.

1. Is there a way to access the music in the game? There are plenty of nice songs I have not heard before, I'm really into "epic music" such as Two Steps From Hell and so on and I would very much like to get at the songs somehow... I know that in Stainless Steel there is a folder simply called "music" (or sounds perhaps), where you can find all the listed songs. Because of that folder, you can add your own songs, which was a huge plus for me. I very much hope to do the same thing in CoW but I just don't know how.

2. Quite often the game crashes.. "Sigma preserve us! Chaos has taken over!" or something like that.. (I assume this is the "Medieval.exe has stopped working and will now exit. you and thank you for playing." version? (and yes.. it actually says "Sigma") So far it can crash when I: Start the game. I've won a battle and I click continue. When I end my turn. Is there anything I can do to at least decrease the amount of times these crashes will occur?

3. Is there a voice pack out there for us who are not Russian? (I speak of an English voice pack) If so, I would very much like to download it and give it a try.. Also, is there a fix for factions having wrong voices? The first time I clicked on a Sylvanian vampire lord (general) he screamed "WAAAAGH!!" at me and as you can imagine, I was pretty shocked. While it is hilarious.. I would very much like to have the proper voices. If there is not a good English voice pack out there, is it possible that there is a translation pack? It would be pretty neat to at least understand what the units are saying, + I might actually learn something.

I hope anyone has the time and will to help me with this, any piece of advice would be much appreciated. CoW is a really cool mod and I would love to see it get even better!

King Nothing, those questions are issued and answered on the forums already. Look for the sub-mods forums for the English voices patch, the game is somewhat unstable, but if you use Gigantus version you will find it quite stable, and the music, well, I think it should be on the folders.

I advice you to use the search tool.

Okay, thanks for the input. One more question:
    What's the difference between CoW and CoW Rage of Dark Gods? I actually managed to get some english voicemod, I'm wondering if there might be any problems.. (I have rage of dark gods installed)

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

I can start the game fine and everything, as soon I end turn (no matter the faction) I get a "Sima, help me yadayada" Any idea?
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

I need help. Every time I try to play the game I get the unspesified error. I dont get it when I play the orriginal game, only when I play this mod. PLEASE HELP im dying to play this mod This is the error screen and my log. PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by King Nothing View Post
    What's the difference between CoW and CoW Rage of Dark Gods?
    Rage of Dark Gods is Gigantus version, but almost anyone call it like that. From a player point of view it differ little from the original Russian version, well besides being in english from the start, and being smaller and some pics here and there. But it have the same units, campaign and everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by CK23 View Post
    I can start the game fine and everything, as soon I end turn (no matter the faction) I get a "Sima, help me yadayada" Any idea?
    Please upload the error log of the game so we can identify the error and try to help you. Also we would need to know if you are using the Russian or Gigantus version, do you have submods, and other details. Put the log just like Robin Kong above here did.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Kong View Post
    I need help. Every time I try to play the game I get the unspesified error. I dont get it when I play the orriginal game, only when I play this mod. PLEASE HELP im dying to play this mod This is the error screen and my log. PLEASE
    No need to put the big font. Also you opened another thread, it's not advisable to open a new thread for installing help, unless you encounter a genuinely new bug (but for that you should be playing already), but meh, I'm not a mod here. Well, I already saw the log, and from a professional point of view I can tell you that I don't know what the that log means...
    It reads a lot of miss files, probably a bad installation. Which version of the game you have? Russian or Gigantus? Do you have submods?