Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: HELP! The Dark Gods aren't Letting Me Play CoW 1.5!! (Installation Help thread)

Default Re: HELP! The Dark Gods aren't Letting Me Play CoW 1.5!! (Installation Help thread)

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    You only have to install 1.5

1.4.x is not needed

I would either delete your folder or rename it and re-install the game.

Have you also tried disabling your UAC (user account control)?

See above

Did you try Mirror 4 (gigabase.com) for the small-parts downloads? It is by far the best one, and there is no need to pay.

When you click the links, it will only give you the link for a premium download. Just click it anyways and it should download with no issues.
    i tried all that and i am still getting the unidentified error when i try to join any game
    help would be appreciated
    thank you

Default Re: HELP! The Dark Gods aren't Letting Me Play CoW 1.5!! (Installation Help thread)

When I press start campaign as orcs it just takes me back to the main menu, any help?

Hello guys, I seem to have a problem regarding siege battles that involve big armies....my game gets the Sigmar preserve us error and CTDs to desktop.

Now the thing is, I am playing on VH/VH so full stacks in cities are pretty common, and as you can see the problem gets annoying real fast. Couple this with the fact that auto-resolving sieges when you are the attacker is a very bad idea and usually leads to a loss and you can imagine how frustrating this is. I have come up with a solution to wait till the defending city has made more than 1 stack of units, and then deploys a captain outside the city with a couple units. I then attack this unit and usually this draws out the garrison and it is NOT a siege battle so usually the CTD can be circumvented as I usually have no problems playing huge battles that arent siege battles.

MY CURRENT PROBLEM involves the city of Mordheim. Fallen to the rebels, there is a full stack there so to avoid a siege CTD I have to wait till a captain spawns outside and then attack him. However, the problem is attacking him and drawing out the defenders ALSO causes a CTD despite it no longer being a siege battle with the city involved. Strange. Oh and one more thing about Mordheim - and attacking the city itself WITH FOUR FULL STACKS OF MINE FULL OF HIGH RANKING GENERALS AND THE ATTACKING STACK EVEN LEAD BY MY 10 STAR FACTION GENERAL and auto-resolving the battle still causes a ridiculously crushing defeat. Of 2000 men, the enemy loses ONE HUNDRED and my attackers, some FOUR THOUSAND IN TOTAL each lose about 800 guys and retreat.

So really, the only option I currently have is wait till a captain spawns outside and then auto-resolve the attack and attack him with all my stacks. Better odds. I'm gonna be trying that today.

Ofc the last option is to launch a crusade against Mordheim and then just annihilate them.

But still this just shouldnt be happening. Any tips?

I have a fairly old system (Win7 x64, GTX 295, 8GB RAM)
    Last edited by Sir Arun; September 21, 2015 at 03:54 AM.

http://s7.postimg.org/5fkh2ql3v/fail.png

If anyone can help with is would be much appreciated. Only happens in part 3 of the install.

Hi guys!

I tried to install Part 3 of the RoTG file (downloaded it through the torrent file), but it crashes during the installation. This seems to happen when it tries to install the events file. Anyone else ran into this as well? How can i fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by fyreNL View Post
    Hi guys!

I tried to install Part 3 of the RoTG file (downloaded it through the torrent file), but it crashes during the installation. This seems to happen when it tries to install the events file. Anyone else ran into this as well? How can i fix it?

Fixed it.

RoDG's install exe already gives the target directory of c/steam/steamapps/mtw2 if it is detected on your system. I figured it might had something to do with that, so i created a new empty folder on my desktop and installed the files there, then replace the files in the MTW/mods folder. This worked and RoDG is now running.

Good afternoon everyone !
    I Installed RODG following the instructions and all the Gigantus stages. But when I start the game with the shortcut of the model , a black window appears like if MTW2 was starting but I have the right to the message of error " Sigmar etc. " So That the hourglass MTW still running ... I do not see no where does the problem .
    Would you have a solution ?
    Thank you in advance !
    (sorry for my bad english)

I'm honestly about to give up on this mod.

After several failed attempts with Gicanticus's installer, I bit the bullet and used the very, very slow to download files. Now, when I try to open it, I get "Medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error".

To clear up:
    I'm using Steam, though it hasn't interfered with any other mods.
    I'm using Squid's Launcher App as well as the Launcher Replacement, since Steam decided to get rid of the Launcher and all. I've added Call of Warhammer, but it doesn't show up on the list of mods.
    I've updated the game to 1.5.1, fully. Everything, from the hotfix to the voices, is installed.
    The base game is not modified in any way, shape or form. I have a few other mods, but they're all modfoldered, and don't interfere with the .exe in any way.
    Renaming the folder doesn't work. It just attempts to play the mod it's supposed to, and then CTDs.
    I'm using 32Bit XP because I'm poor and technologically challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Chernobov View Post
    I'm honestly about to give up on this mod.

After several failed attempts with Gicanticus's installer, I bit the bullet and used the very, very slow to download files. Now, when I try to open it, I get "Medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error".

To clear up:
    I'm using Steam, though it hasn't interfered with any other mods.
    I'm using Squid's Launcher App as well as the Launcher Replacement, since Steam decided to get rid of the Launcher and all. I've added Call of Warhammer, but it doesn't show up on the list of mods.
    I've updated the game to 1.5.1, fully. Everything, from the hotfix to the voices, is installed.
    The base game is not modified in any way, shape or form. I have a few other mods, but they're all modfoldered, and don't interfere with the .exe in any way.
    Renaming the folder doesn't work. It just attempts to play the mod it's supposed to, and then CTDs.
    I'm using 32Bit XP because I'm poor and technologically challenged.
    Sorry for the doublepost, but I forgot to add: I used the modLauncher.exe, and renamed the .cfg, but it just opened up the base game instead.