Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: XIII Century - Looks very promising

Default Re: XIII Century - Looks very promising

Can we do crusades in this game, maybe to the Baltic or the Holy Land? Can we choose some Islamic nations?
    Anyways, will this game be sold in the Middle-East, and when is the release date, plus, when will we get to rate this game by the demo?
    Last edited by PurpleScotch; March 01, 2007 at 10:24 AM.

Pavlik the Rus's Avatar Civitate

2killerxguy
    Greatings to you!
    Can we do crusades in this game
    No, in this relise - no. Because there is no strategic mode. Only historical battles, scirmish, multiplayer. Strategy will be in add-on.
    Can we choose some Islamic nations?
    Yes, Maurs and arabs. Unfortunatly not in historical campaigns, but in scirmish and multiplayer - yes. In strategic game they will be fully playable. Even more, here is game's structure will be absolutly open. Lead designer told me that expirienced mod creator capable to make even protoss's carier in mod.... So you have abilities to make muslims more wide. Not only make tham playable in batttles, but add new troops types, their AI e.t.c.
    Anyways, will this game be sold in the Middle-East
    I think yes. I don't know exactly about mid-east, but it will be saled even in China. So, i think yes. And if no, you allways ca to preorder it.
    the release date
    Here in Russia - march 2007.
    Demo will be within few weeks.

Under patronage of respectable MARCVS
    Надо чаще встречаться
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58644

Rion's Avatar Libertus

Hm.... Than tell me please about difference between Flamish and York sergeant? Or knight... in 13 century. Weapon - simlar, armor - similar e.t.c. What differnt? Banners, colours.... and.... nothing. But keshighten different from european segeant.
    And why few? I'd like to say that enough of them. And i think also, that creation of 150 different unit rosters is a damn hard work
    I don't understand the first part, but what I meant was: what is the minimum amount of soldiers you can have in each group?

Games Played:
    Emperor: RotMK; RoL; RoN - Gold Edition; Heroes I-V, with expansions; Cossacks: Anthology; AoE 1-3; AoE3: TWC; ; AoM: TT; Anno 1602; Stronghold: 1, Crusader and 2; KoH, Civ 3-4, with expansions; Rome: Total War - Gold Edition, Castlestrike, Medieval II: Total War, Stronghold Legends.
    Games im hoping to/know i'll get in christmas presents
    Dawn of War: Gold Edition, Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, Heroes V: Hammers of Fate (or Farmers of Hate ).

2Rion
    Well, if you mean units rosters i don't know them exactly....

But i know the main "rules". all catolic (Russian, Arabian also) factions have the same units. But there will be a difference. West - powerfull knights. Plus original Scots, Poles e.t.c. But French and English feudals will be allmost the same.
    Russians are powerfull in heavy infantry, archers and horse archers.
    Mongoles unmatched horsemen. They have no infantry.
    Main difference between "cultures". In one "culture" diference is more likly in balance of different troops and their stats.
    Sure, Scots will not be analog to Italians.
    Last edited by Pavlik the Rus; March 01, 2007 at 11:56 AM.

Надо чаще встречаться

Rion's Avatar Libertus

I think we misunderstand each other. You talk about unit rooster. While I talk about the amount of soldiers inside the different type groups. One group could, fx. consist of pikemen while another group could consist of knights, what I talk about is how many soldiers that are inside those groups, fx. 20 pikemen in the pikeman group and 10 knights in the knight group.

Games Played:
    Emperor: RotMK; RoL; RoN - Gold Edition; Heroes I-V, with expansions; Cossacks: Anthology; AoE 1-3; AoE3: TWC; ; AoM: TT; Anno 1602; Stronghold: 1, Crusader and 2; KoH, Civ 3-4, with expansions; Rome: Total War - Gold Edition, Castlestrike, Medieval II: Total War, Stronghold Legends.
    Dawn of War: Gold Edition, Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, Heroes V: Hammers of Fate (or Farmers of Hate ).

ehehe my teribble eng.
    in history battles you already have groups with static amount. But in castom battles for a money you will be able to form itself different for ammount groups, you can form 1 group with 500 pikemen or 5 groups on 100 pikemen for example.

2Rion
    Oooo! Sorry. I have a really hard day....
    Now i understand
    40-400 men in each unit. But in editor you can make... hmm.... 1000 men in each. But it will be a quite hard to control
    BTW, there is no limit of units numbers. You can take 50 units for examplre
    Last edited by Pavlik the Rus; March 01, 2007 at 12:32 PM.

Надо чаще встречаться

Rion's Avatar Libertus

So you can't take under 40 men outside the editor? That was exactly that type of information I was looking for. Thanks!

Games Played:

40-400 men in each unit. But in editor you can make... hmm.... 1000 men in each. But it will be a quite hard to control
    BTW, there is no limit of units numbers. You can take 50 units for examplre

Now that's what I'm talkin bout

I'll wait for the campaign version though, I'm not really interested in custom/historic battles. Hope they're still going to release a campaign map later.

It's March, and a few weeks later it's next month, so is the release+demo close, is there no exact release day? Can't wait for this game!

2killerxguy
    Hi
    12 march final version will go to publisher. Exact date of relise is unknown for now... End of march

Here is a preview in our gaemagazine. On Russian.
    http://unicorn-games.com/screenshots...im_2007_02.jpg

Надо чаще встречаться

what does the magazine say about the demo???? Any release for the demo yet???

PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW AND SUPPORT THE TWC ALLIANCE, IN CIV-ONLINE. THANKS IN ADVANCE
    Click here!

A magazine said nothing about demo.

yeah, it doesn't speak of any release date. At the end, they say that the game is almost finished, and that they even got to play it, but they did not give it a final verdict because (though the gameplay is pretty much developed) there are still things left to be worked out, such as the actual missions (in order to make each unique and challenging).

Also, from what I understood, the gameplay will differ quite a bit from M2TW. Here, it seems, that you will give orders at the start of the battle, while it is paused (the orders can be quite specific, for example, archers can be told to stand in front and fire, but then retreat behind friendly lines, assess the situation, and if they are safe, begin to fire again, and stop if friendly units engage the unit they are firing on... ) and when you unpause the game, you can just sit back and watch your orders being carried out. However, at any time, you can pause the game and reissue orders. Oh, at the beginning, you also assign units to serve as reinforcements, which you can bring into battle at any time you wish.
    Besides things like "fatigue" and "morale" they also mentioned a skill/ability type-o-thing called "intuition", where upon certain circumstances, units with no orders, can choose to act on their own. But they said the details of how this works will be kept quite for now.

thats pretty much it.
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

In matter of fact, that article in magazine allmost empty. It says allmost nothing new, only that what we (Me and Marian) allready said. But soon game will be in our hands.

Надо чаще встречаться

Unfortunatly, there was found a bug. Instead of 12 march, game will be send to publisher on 23 march. The relise will be moved on two weeks later. But i think that is a good thing.
    Even more, they promise to add some things on this time.

Надо чаще встречаться

like what???

PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW AND SUPPORT THE TWC ALLIANCE, IN CIV-ONLINE. THANKS IN ADVANCE
    Click here!

Remind the developers not to be hung up by immediate sales figures, I'm sure many of us are going to wait for a campaign map.

Remind the developers not to be hung up by immediate sales figures, I'm sure many of us are going to wait for a campaign map.
    ok i will tell it.
    like what???
    I hope you will see it in game soon

Funny...M2TW is gorgeous and...and...and...I almost never play it.

I'm watching this game carefully...we shall see...

Maybe it'll have something...a piquancy...a level of detail that will captivate my attention.