Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm broke first turn...

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Default Re: I'm broke first turn...

Quote Originally Posted by Lysimachos View Post
    Under Manuel Komnenos the Empire pursued a very active and financially demanding external policy, including an invasion of Italy. In consequence, it is economically flourishing, but indebted. In the game you start with a huge debt, but it's not that hard to get out of it and after achieving that you have it easier than most other realms. Personally, I think that is a very accurate representation of the historical situation.
    That's nice to read at least one positibe comment on the Roman starting position.

Although I admit that it's a bit ad hoc solution. In the first place, Romans shouldn't get that many regions (relatively to other factions). Their position, as AI faction, soon becomes absolutely hegemonic, which wasn't true, especially after Myriocephalon and, eventually, fall of Constantinople.

We'll change that in 2.4 (though it's been changed a bit in 2.3.2 already, which will be released this week ).

Under the patronage of m_1512

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

although i like the byzantines i have to admit that ''the fall of constantinople'' event doesn't affect them at all and also it's a little extravagant the fact that as AI faction has many full stack units right from the beginning.on the other hand,it's very challenging when you play as the byzantines.i agrre that they have many regions from right from the start but in 1174 all that provinces were under byzantine control.one solution is at the second turn the armenians declare war to the byzantines and take from them seleukeia,and around turn 20 varna will rebel or 2 full stack bulgarian rebel units invade varna region. maybe this weekend????

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Quote Originally Posted by zburanuki View Post
    maybe this weekend????
    At latest.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    That's nice to read at least one positibe comment on the Roman starting position.

Although I admit that it's a bit ad hoc solution. In the first place, Romans shouldn't get that many regions (relatively to other factions). Their position, as AI faction, soon becomes absolutely hegemonic, which wasn't true, especially after Myriocephalon and, eventually, fall of Constantinople.

We'll change that in 2.4 (though it's been changed a bit in 2.3.2 already, which will be released this week ).
    It's good to hear that the patch is coming soon. It is true there are balancing issues (though personally I'm more bothered by the KoJ becoming an unstoppable force), but I can appreciate the approach of handicapping the ERE without taking its actual strength. I'm confident you already have ideas on how to deal with it.

Read my AARs:
    The Legacy of Megas Alexandros (Europa Barbarorum as Arche Seleukeia)
    The Prodigal Son (Shogun 2 as Mori)
    You like a good reading? Then check out the homepage of our fellow TWC-member Theodotos I at www.stephenwrites.com!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12