Thread: Game's bias toward ai generals?

Default Game's bias toward ai generals?

It seems as though ai generals get a hitpoint boost, they are one of the last to die. Not the same with me, half the time I order my general to combat he dies on the first charge or in the first min. Heres one example out of 100. Ex: I was besieging Cair Andros and there were like 20 peasant spearmen left in the town square. I decided to charge in Boromir since he was the closest and had no casualties. 30 sec the magic narrator says "OUR FOOLISH GENERAL HAS THROWN HIS LIFE AWAY, AND PERHAPS OUR CHANCES OF VICTORY WITH IT!"
    Last edited by Gigan; December 26, 2011 at 11:18 PM.

Default Re: Game's bias toward ai generals?

There's no bias. There are certain traits and ancillaries that give generals extra hit points. I've always found that checking a general's stats before the battle tells you if he is going to be hard to kill. And you can just as easily make a general hard to kill. Fine armor is the best and easiest to get, though now in 3.1 you can easily pick up a bunch of extra hit points in winning battles and collecting armor.

FC Groningen's Avatar Senator

I must say though that I had no luck with Boromir as well. He keeps dying on me all the time at foolish times. Faramir on the other hands does a lot better, along with all of the nazgul.

Quote Originally Posted by FC Groningen View Post
    I must say though that I had no luck with Boromir as well. He keeps dying on me all the time at foolish times.
    That's correct: he is played by Sean Bean

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Had him killed in a one-on-one with haradrims Desert Tribesmen yesterday (generally good day that*), him previoulsy uninjured. I rather lost him to some uruks

*Just noted as I thougth it ironically fun
    During one turn as Gondor I win a hard fought Heroic Victory but loses my merry Forlong the Fat (and I really like Forlong the Fat); I send Boromir to hunt some scum down south and he gets killed in a on-on-one by haradrims 1st tier spearmens; I cant reload because then my heroic victory is lost as i had not saved after it;
    I press turn and 2 rebelunits take Minas Tirith that I had emptied to managed the Heroic Victory; when the turn starts my capital is moved to Dol Amroth, goodbye 5000 gold coins; many settlements turn red and my economy wont allow recrutement. One bad year in Gondors chronicles
    Last edited by Ngugi; December 27, 2011 at 04:32 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

FC Groningen's Avatar Senator

Didn't he survive in Silent Hill?

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Boromir, a foot general among riders(other Gondor generals are all 'knights', except Faramir who command a goddamn unit of ARCHERS who are RANGERS doubling the badass)
    would need some buff IMO.

P.S. This is totally
    SEAN BEAN REALLY DID DIE IN EVERY SINGLE MOVIE!
    Except a few which he isn't a main charcter?
    He survived as Zeus in Percy Jackson. (It will be even more BS if he died as a GOD)
    (Seems like he died also in the new movie 'Age of Heroes'?)
    Last edited by KnightsTemplar; December 27, 2011 at 04:57 AM.
    Aure entuluva!

Quote Originally Posted by Soul of Doom View Post
    It seems as though ai generals get a hitpoint boost, they are one of the last to die. Not the same with me, half the time I order my general to combat he dies on the first charge or in the first min. Heres one example out of 100. Ex: I was besieging Cair Andros and there were like 20 peasant spearmen left in the town square. I decided to charge in Boromir since he was the closest and had no casualties. 30 sec the magic narrator says "OUR FOOLISH GENERAL HAS THROWN HIS LIFE AWAY, AND PERHAPS OUR CHANCES OF VICTORY WITH IT!"
    Moral of the story: Don't rush your foot-soldier Generals in

Sean Bean always dies?

I beg to differ, history tells us that he single-handedly won the Napoleonic Wars!
    "There are seven emotions: joy, anger, anxiety, adoration, grief, fear, and hate, and if a man does not give way to these he can be called patient. I am not as strong as I might be, but I have long known and practiced patience. And if my descendants wish to be as I am, they must study patience"

Tokugawa Ieyasu

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Deputy View Post
    Sean Bean always dies?

I beg to differ, history tells us that he single-handedly won the Napoleonic Wars!
    Heh, I think the number of times he was wounded or triumphed against certain death as Sharpe set him up for a vast number of deaths in every other role

And in Third Age news, personally I would prefer it if Boromir had a cavalry bodyguard.

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

you klnow on a gameplay note i have also noticed he ALWAYS dies lol, in the defence of cair andros he has died no less then 6 times, and ressed by the epic heroes mod lol, and he died all 6 times in cair andros haha...

maybe theres something wrong here? all other generals fare rather well compared to him.

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Most of you peepz probably don't know it, but every A.I. named character will get a custom and hidden trait. This is the one:
    Code:
    Trait Ai_Boost
        Characters family
        Hidden
        Level Ai_Boost
            Description Ai_Boost_desc
            EffectsDescription Ai_Boost_effects_desc
            Threshold  1 
            Effect Loyalty 2
            Effect TaxCollection 10
            Effect MovementPoints 8
    ;        Effect BattleSurgery 50
     Effect SiegeEngineering 40
            Effect Command 2
            Effect PersonalSecurity 2
            Effect LineOfSight 5
            Effect HitPoints 3
            Effect LocalPopularity 2
    ;        Effect TroopMorale 2
    ;        Effect Piety 2
    ;        Effect Authority  2
    ;        Effect Fertility 1
    As you can see they will for instance receive three extra hitpoints. Thats why A.I. generals are normally stonger than yours.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

And Baron Samedi saves the day again
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    As you can see they will for instance receive three extra hitpoints. Thats why A.I. generals are normally stonger than yours.
    Wow, that's pretty sneaky! I guess it makes sense though with how willing the AI is to throw their general in harms way... Or more specifically, into the way of the Dunedain Bodyguards' charge!