Thread: Custom campaign mod 2

Default Custom campaign mod 2

Hi what's the difference between retrofit mod and custom campaign mod
    And why has all the cavalry units got less attack and charge bonuses like Milanese unit familia ducale they normally have a powerful charge and why are all the cavalry only got 60 people in each unit
    Instead of 80 plus custom campaign mod 2 is a great mod

Default Re: Custom campaign mod 2

Hi,

Retrofit: Very light mod bringing basic Kingdoms features, improvements and bug fixes to vanilla M2TW. Many consider it a must have unoffical patch for Vanilla M2TW. There is also a multiplayer version of this mod that has been rebalanced for improved online multiplayer battles.

CCM2: Larger mod that includes 8 different custom campaigns, a rebalanced tech tree and some of the kingdoms units. The rebalancing includes halved unit upkeep costs and free upkeep units for castles among other changes.

The cavalry stats changes in both mods are taken from the unit rebalancing used in the Kingdoms campaigns.
    Total War Modder, Former Total War Developer

Thanks for the reply but how do you issue orders to AI reinforcing armies and this is a good mod
    But it would be good if the recruitment slots stayed the same like in vanilla like two slots for a wooden castle or one for a motte and bailey etc is there any way I could change that everything else is fine

The Kingdoms manual provides some instructions on controlling AI Reinforcements. From the campaign, I think you need to check the box for the army to be AI controlled and also check the box for controlling it in battle. You can then order very simple orders to the AI army (Agressive, Defensive, Shootout).

I created CCM2 to suit my own personal tastes but you could mod them to your own tastes.I would strongly advice against modifying these files unless you have some experience modding M2TW and make a complete backup of CCM2 first. To change these values you would need to mod the EDB (export_descr_buildings.txt) in the "custom_campaign_2" mod folder. Just look for the "core_castle_building" building chain and edit the "recruitment_slots" values.

Again I advice not to modify and of the CCM2 mod files unless you are already familiar with modding and make a complete backup of CCM2 first in case you make any errors.

Thanks for reply now I know how to control allied armies and I won't touch them mod files now coz I never modded a game only play the mods lol and I only had my new pc for a few months and do you play last kingdoms mod can't get it to work it starts loading up then crashes back to desktop plus I did ask in that mod forums but still no answers

No problem, modding isn't too difficult as long as you are careful and back up your files first. I wouldn't suggest using the unpacker but at some time in the future you might like to edit the CCM2 export_descr_buildings.txt as described earler to make the changes you want. If you do want to mod any files, probably best to start with small changes and test them to make sure everything still works fine.

I don't play the last kingdoms mod so I am afraid I cannot offer any help.