Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Economy, How do you even have an army?

Default Economy, How do you even have an army?

First off let me say Im using the Baron Samedi's submod. Not sure this could cause this but I can't imagine it's right. No matter who I chose on the good size if I get about 8+ settlements and have 1 army(I know this mod isn't a battle of stacks) with 8+ troops I'm losing 8000-10000 a round. It doesn't make sense. I only have 2 MAYBE 3 at most low cost troops in any of my cities but can't even have a army to defend myself. Is this some sort of bug?

Default Re: Economy, How do you even have a army?

Go to descr_strat and change the kings_purse... Helps a lot .

It's no bug it's just... the hard TATW game .

Oh ok. I mean I'm all for the harder game and such but literally for me to have a postive income I would have to sit in my settlesments with 1-2 troops never leaving and getting destoryed. Just didn't make sense how thats possible

I had the same problem. Just changing the kings purse,... etc. till I found my own perfect balanced game. So easy is easy and very hard is very hard in my campaign.

Its , no matter what faction you play as every faction always has a bigger army than you

Default Re: Economy, How do you even have an army?

Sitting around won't do you any good. you have to go around and conquer some stuff with the starting troops before you can even start to train new troops.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

In my current campaign (dwarves) I have two stacks around in ME, Gimli and Balin. I dont adopt new generals, I'm ALWAYS gaining profit in the end of a turn and I'm winning Dont fight so much the first 20 turns, build your economy instead.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

When you start, capture all nearby rebel settlements with starting troops and be careful not to lose your starting troops to rebels...

Only keep free upkeep troops in towns that are not in direct danger of siege.

Develop economy structures such as farms, markets, etc. in all towns that are not needed to produce troops.

That's gonna help a lot but even with a strong economy, you will not be able to have 10 stacks of troops. I have a very well developped economy with 16-19 provinces (varies depending on Mordor invasions... lol) with Rohan and I can barely have 2 full army with free upkeep troops in all settlements.

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

is changing the descr_strat savegame compatible?

Ekaddon's Avatar Tiro

Rebel settlements and then wait. The game begins at turn 100. Use diplomats. Dont go to war with everyone.

THIS^

Stop cheating... What is it with all these cheats! Play the game the way it's mean't to be played!

well what faction are you for 1 because i need that information so i cant tell what cities to attack first but attack the nearest faction your at war with and sack the settlements that take from them

Cheats best way to skip time and play how you want it to be... stop being a fagg and force yourself to do what restrictions want you to do, youre not a slave are you? Its a game, which means that its main objective is gaining of joy and if it can be easily achieved by cheating, WHY NOT??!!

I dont like militia and the surrealism of villages everywhere, so i spent 10 mins of cheating my faction like i want it to be at the start. End of story. And if i need money, hell this is not reality i just do it like third reich and cheat by disowning minorities or charging sauron for the weed i sell him 5 times more than the elves. So i guess economy is back on how it should be and therefore i can defend my 500k+ gold stash and my bad traits^^

Btw thats how the war of the ring started... never charge Sauron to much for the weed

where is descr strat? and what the hell are you on about weed....

Save game compatible?

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Enjoy the free upkeep units as long as you can, build a good economy and then wait some time that you have a good amount of coins in your treasure. Call your men to join the army and send it on military campaign to capture an enemy stronghold on a good stratedic position

Holding an active army is expencive business, usually my armies costs about 6000 gold/turn. Once I have captured a new settlement, I try to build ASAP barracks to be able to recruit similar men which I have in the army to get more free upkeep slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    where is descr strat? and what the hell are you on about weed....

Save game compatible?
    You can find descr_strat in ...Third Age/data/world/maps/camapign/imperial_campaign. I dont think it is save game compatible...
    Last edited by Finlander; December 26, 2011 at 02:38 PM.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Descr_strat is not save game compatible sadly. However you can go into the EDB and change the number of free upkeep slots on the city walls to have more free upkeep soldiers, also if you find the descr_settlement_mechanics you can modify the numbers to change pop growth public order and income to boost economy (open this file in notepad ++ do not know if it works in just notepad). these all effect the AI as well. The files can be found the the data folder and are save game compatible so you can keep editing until you find something that suits you. As always make back ups before you change anything.
    End of helpful section.
    To all the trolls who say "Duuuur Cheater Durrr" this is a single player campaign so anything a player chooses to do does not affect you in the slightest. As was said above The object of a game is to provide enjoyment. If more enjoyment is provided through the use of 'cheats' and editing the game there is nothing wrong with that as it does not affect any body else. If you have nothing helpful or relevant to say don't bother saying anything.

Either work on your economy or go on the offense. But whatever you do don't leave your forces sitting around being useless if they can't get free up-keep.

The trick with 3.1 is to start a bit slower, work on your resources, just keep what you need to defend, and then slowly switch from economic work to offensive power.

Also, use your diplomats. They can squeeze your allies and other neutral factions for some extra cash.

kraxmause's Avatar Semisalis

If you're using Baron's Submod Compilation I would suggest you try experimenting with the scripts before changing any files. I'm playing on vh/vh with disabled stack spam and disabled garrison script and it is the best Eriador campaign I've ever played. Disabled stack spam also means you need less troops to defend yourself.
    Cleave the sod with your trusty spade
    Dig out a house that's quite like a grave
    And should your neighbour not return your wave
    Cleave the sod with your trusty spade

A.R.R.R. Roberts - The Soddit

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I lowered the corruption by 40% and increased mining by 50% so I can play with total recruitment. Far more epic than vanilla I'd say.

Garch's Avatar Foederatus

i been saying that for over a year now, the game economy is mest up, and only ppl that dont know that are runing the game on like ten diffrent mods and dont relise its moding the economy. its becuse they removed the mercents from TATW. so cheat and gane money. and for the ppl that will tell me im wrong, EVERY FACTION IN THE GAME IS BROKE. end of storry thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast