Thread: Map question

Default Map question

First of all, I don't understand why other mods don't use the TE map because it looks ...absolutely... superb. No blocky vanilla provinces, but an elegant map on which you can be proud to see your empire spread.

Which gets to my question: how on earth does everybody remove the minimap fog of war? This appears to be the norm in the screenshots everybody's posting, but darned if I can figure out how to do it.

If I do remove the minimap FOW, will I also see all the bad guy armies? Don't necessarily want that.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: Map question

The way to remove the fow is to press ` (the key bloew escape) then type "toggle_fow" without the quotation marks. Unfortunately this will also reveal the enemies armies as well.

The map i use is the Mundus Magna, a modified version of which is used in my mod, and EB also uses a version of this map. There are no blocky proovinces because i set the border colours to the same so you only see areas of colour where your empire is.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

technishn08's Avatar Decanus

is there a screen shot of the map?
    Is it not worthy of tears that, when the number of worlds is infinite, we have not yet become lords of a single one?-Alexander the Great

Well i've got some screenshots featuring the map

(taken from the TE succession campaign thread.)

These taken from the AAR i started but stopped due to starting work on 5.0.

Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

Perfect, Lusted, thank you once again. At last I can see everybody's color splotches expand. Seriously, for some reason I find conquest so much more satisfying on this map than any other - feels like an empire, as opposed to a collection of game-play-related one-city province-units.

Its the reason i went for that look, it is much better than the individual province borders all being shown.
    Creator of: