Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guards of Osgiliath

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Guards of Osgiliath

Quote Originally Posted by KnightsTemplar View Post
    It does change the file: just one.
    The ini file that set the movies and banners.
    Banner will be set to off after you played TATW lol
    I always found it odd, the TATW team spent alot of time making all the banners and then turned them off
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Realism. And to make it a tad harder ofc (they are outspoken hard core players after all hehe). I prefere them turned off myself because of these reasons

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliį Alė, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Yes, me too.
    Sorry for my bad English ; I'm Belgian.

✠Ikaroqx✠'s Avatar Campidoctor

Does this changed file wreck m2tw's banners in any way?

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

my Osgiliath Guards have 7 attack, 15 defense and 3 charge. Now they are actually worth 950 gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Adjudant-Major View Post
    They are very strong, of course. But they can be easily outmaneuvered, destroyed by javelins, arrows, ballistas, cavalry in the back, infantry in the flanks...
    First off thanks for all the feedback guys appreciate it! Why I love this forum . And it all confirms my suspicions, just wanted an official word on it...been known to be totally wrong before lol! But like Adjudant-Major says they can easily be outmaneuvered. So shouldn't they're defense be more in line with the likes of citadel guard or even regular gondor spearmen? Particularly since they're such an elite late game unit (can't get until Osgiliath is rebuilt which is like 200+ turns in). Sure it might make them crazy powerful but wouldn't that be the point with them? Definitely not complaining, as I'm sure I could figure out how to change the stats if I really wanted to myself, just raised the topic out of curiousity .

There's but one way : try it, test it the same problem concerns them all, isengard pikemen for example. Make several custom battles with better stats with them and against them, and you'll see.

Lazy's Avatar Biarchus

Yes that´s true...
    I use them only for defending gates or other narrow spots! They are superior in these case!
    In open field battles they are hard to play... exept if you have enough money you can try this:
    o= other troops
    x= spear_walled unit

oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

That´s an inpenetrable core!

for "o" I use spear units in this round formation, forgot the name, this kind of army is unmovable of course... put archers or/and siege engines behind the spearwall and hope the "o" does not get killed => they willl be charged with cavalry like always so be aware
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWarts View Post
    ...the woman trampled didn't look impenetrable. So they ran through her.

[QUOTE=Jean=A=Luc;10783976]http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post10742796[QUOTE]

Ah just finally saw this thanks Jean! All makes a lot more sense now!

hmm these have a very very close similarity to the noldor elves from 2.1... a lil bit odd looking in epic battles because they are the only units with that colour... maybe make some osgiliath veteran versions like the osgiliath elite kingsguard in a mounted and dismounted form otherwise they look just odd and i would appreciate more troops with swords and shield or other epic looking 2handed weapons rather than the greek phalanx which is not really usefull in battles...

Quote Originally Posted by IX Varangian Cohort View Post
    Does this changed file wreck m2tw's banners in any way?
    Nothing gets 'wrecked' by TATW. The big banner above the middle of units is removed. Searching the forums will give you instructions for changing the 1 or 2 values required to get the banners back if you desire.

To save de-railing this thread it would probably be better to post further question here......

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=261921

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

As computers work with 1 and 0 I think you mean them

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tuvok View Post
    hmm these have a very very close similarity to the noldor elves from 2.1... a lil bit odd looking in epic battles because they are the only units with that colour... maybe make some osgiliath veteran versions like the osgiliath elite kingsguard in a mounted and dismounted form otherwise they look just odd and i would appreciate more troops with swords and shield or other epic looking 2handed weapons rather than the greek phalanx which is not really usefull in battles...
    I was sorta hoping for somthings like an Osgiliath Veteran unit, a bit like "from the movies" and how warhammer tabletop portrays them

i made a suggestion here post 74
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=502077&page=4

I can see the reasoning behind having "guards of osgiliath", as pike units are pretty much the only unit Gondor war missing, but by the time you get them, they would probably see little service, Having a special recruitable unit at Osgiliath should be achievable atleast with a 2nd tier barrack along with spearmen and infantry, it might give the player the edge to survive early game, and not be overwhealmed with to many elite units that all come with the last tier barracks,

They are beautifully created, just been brainwashed from what ive seen in the movies then whats actually accurate to lore

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12