Thread: Few Questions.... = )

Default Few Questions.... = )

Out of Curiousity, what formations will you have for the game???

are you going to incorporate the Darth Mod Formations??? and please

Will the Music Differ From all other mods??? and please

Anyways, hopefully, These questions are answered.

Thank you very much, I cannot wait for this mod. I have been waiting for the release for a while now. Have not played it yet, but I plan to next weekend. Anyways, keep up the good work guys!!!! :original:
    Chuck Norris can make a paraplegic run for his life.

Default Re: Few Questions.... = )

Well, I wanted to keep this "occultus" until release.

But, as you ask for it directly, the answers are:

1- Yes. :laughing: Darth has been so kind to give us permission to use their formations, and they are already included.

2- Sorry, but . We prepared some music for ITW 1.0, but finally we stopped this work. Our plans is to release a ITW_music_mod independently, just to keep the size of the mod (it is near 200 MB without music ).

And finally, next weekend seems to me too much early. I'll do my best to release ITW as soon as possible, but I cannot promise a date.

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

I wonder whether the Basques will be included in the faction list. They often seem to be grouped together with the Celts but are quite linguisticly distinct as their language is not Indo-European.

I was wondering about that same thing also. I do not believe Basques were organized into Kingdoms or anything higher than the other basque factions and were first mentioned by Romans when the people there were known as Vasconnes, a celtic group that inhabited "basqueland", but I do not think there is any doubt that the basques lives in Iberia far before the celts or possibly even the Iberians and Tartessians to the south...

I was debating yet, There one unit of Basques in mod, they are mercenaries of Rome (they were mercenaries of Pompeyo and others roman armys) and rebels. Historicaly, they did not emphasize in this period.

the final mod (in this beta only 6 by now), we will wait have 12 or 13 spanish factions (the most important of period): Turdetanians (Tartessos heirs), Bastetanians, Oretanians, Carpetanians, Vettonians, Vacceians, Celtiberians, Ilergetians, Edetanians, Cantabrians, Asturians, Callaicans, and Lusitanians.

Salute.

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Having played Iberia TW for a number of weeeks and found it relatively stable, I re-skinned many of the Vanilla units and added additional ones. I found a model for alternative Bull Warrior by a modeller called Boicote at RTW Heaven and included it as a mercenary Basque swordsman recruitable in northern Iberia, so it looks like we were thinking on the right lines eh!.

I also included a carpetanian swordsman although I was not certain whether there had been a seperate tribe in this area of Spain.
    What I have had real problems with though are adding ancillary units as they seem to pop up as mercenary units in areas of the map they should not be in, but I will try and solve this myself.

Salute