Thread: help needed

Default help needed

This may not be a problem with TE, but after i did a fresh install of RTW 1.5 and then installed TE, I'm not able to see any of the cutscenes, like the ones shown when you capture a wonder or when you start a new campaign. Can anyone tell me why this is? Appreciate it.

EDIT: maybe im missing a few files cuz in the RTW folder there are spaces that look like there are supposed to be files there.
    Last edited by sazabi04; May 15, 2006 at 07:51 PM.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: help needed

I am not sure, it may be the files, but I doubt it. Maybe reinstalling again and see if that fixes the problem.

I reinstalled 1.5 twice once with and once without TE. None of the cutscenes showed either time.

The missing cutscenes is not a problem with the Terrae Expugnandae Mod. From reading other posts, I believe this is due to using the "night battles" feature with the RTW v1.5 game engine. Night battles were first used in BI, but someone figured out how to enable them in RTW using the v1.5 game engine. So, I believe its a CA issue with the v1.5 patch's updated RTW game engine. I'm hoping that a work around or fix for this issue can be found, but the use of "night battles" in RTW is too cool an addition to worry too much about the missing cutscenes if nothing can be done about it.

Lusted or anyone else, correct me if I am not up-to-date on this.
    Marcus Camillus

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

This is correct, though im not sad about using the intro movies or death movies for factions as they no longer match what the faction symbols are.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

The cutscences may be turned off in your preferences file.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

I don't think night battles are enabled and event cutscenes are turned on (TRUE).

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sazabi04
    I don't think night battles are enabled and event cutscenes are turned on (TRUE).
    Night battles should be enabled, and if the cut scenes are turned on and still dont work then it is either a file that is screwed up or it is your computer.

ok. Thanks for the help guys.