Thread: Physics

Default Physics

I'm not talking bad of the mod, I just noticed some weird things happening. As of right now I don't have the mod installed that's how I noticed the before and after differences; I was getting ctd.
    The first one is when you make units enter sheild wall and cavalry attack they do that thing where they move around in between the cavalry. But with the mod they fly around in there. They move really fast compared to before, then they get wasted and it defeats the purpose of using sheild wall.
    Then when a cavalry unit dies he blows up. All of the enemy units around him die and go flying backwards.
    The only other one I noticed was with cavalry again, when they are charging an enemy unit from behind and they're running the enemy unit die instantly and go flying forward. Not big at all compared to the other ones, because the other ones I lose alot of units from.

Besides that the mod was awsome, I attacked London and Romans actually sent units in a ship as backup. Then they actually use formations.

So does anyone know if this is a hard-coded thing or if it's going to be fixed in 8.0?

The only other thing that I ask in 8.0 is that the new skins are a seperate install, I like the old ones more.

Default Re: Physics

Yes I installed 7.5 and 7.0.

1)Shieldwall issue...think it is based on actual setting of BI. Have you played other mods or vanilla to tell the difference. Remember that I use force Shieldwall for romans so they use it all the time. So then it becomes distinquishable.

2)Cavalry blow up...LOL...nice explain...it is not blow up. Cavalry mass is reflected in the battlefield and when a horse dies it actually pushes all men around it as it is rather natural this to happen. Formations are disrupted and even prepared spearmen can feel the tension of fighting cavalry masses. ....If this is you say.

Thanks for help, now I see why those happen.

One more question, were unit movement speeds and fatigue altered also? Because it seemed like my units were moving way different then regular.