Thread: Really need help- my CD is lost

Icon4 Really need help- my CD is lost

Hello guys! I have played TATW long time. I started in 1.0 version and played like every day after downloading it. I actually bought Medieval 2 only for playing TATW. And 3.0 is amazing, thanks for KingKong etc! I really liked spesially Minas Tirith.

But now my problem. Yesterday I was cleaning my house before xmas (merry xmas to everyone), and I tought the Medieval CD's must be in Medieval packet. But in my Medieval packet is only NHL 09. That's mean I have throw my Kingdom CD's away in wrong packet

I dunno know what I'm gonna do without playing TATW. In Finland Medieval is not populary game, so I cannot found Medieval in stores.

And finally must say im not any torrent loader
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; December 23, 2011 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Removed passage about illegal possibility

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Really need help- my CD is lost

Where in Finland do you live. In Turku Gamestop you can buy M2TW and lotas of other Tw games
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

You have two options: either find your cd or buy a new copy of Med2. I can't help you with local stores since I don't know where you live but medieval 2 complete is 5€ on Steam right now. Or, if you want a physical copy, take a look at this link: http://hintaseuranta.fi/tuote.aspx/80047 Also, discussing piracy is not allowed on this forum

Mappo's Avatar Civis

On Gamersgate you can find Medieval 2 Gold for only € 4,98 with a discount of 50%

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-M2TW/me...r-gold-edition
    Faithful in the centuries
    &

Just buy it on steam, that way you can't lose it It's about £7.50 for Med 2 and Kingdoms, so thats probably about 7.50 Euro (damn financial crisis!).

I'd probably go with the Gamersgate. Cheaper and more freedom with it.

There's Kingdoms for sale at verkkokauppa.com if you wanna have a physical copy. It's 15,90€.

E: But it has a delivery time of 2-4 weeks, so...
    Last edited by Decus; December 23, 2011 at 09:29 AM.

I had to buy a new copy of MTW2 about a year ago as well dude (my old copy got stolen during a break in, bloody junkies). I just got a new one of steam (I know, I know, pact with the devil) including kingdoms - it was fairly cheap, so no big issue.
    "There are seven emotions: joy, anger, anxiety, adoration, grief, fear, and hate, and if a man does not give way to these he can be called patient. I am not as strong as I might be, but I have long known and practiced patience. And if my descendants wish to be as I am, they must study patience"

Tokugawa Ieyasu

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Amazon also offers it for about 5€ (gold edition)
    Then count about 5€ shipping in all Europe, normally really fast as well...

its also very cheap on ebay, its well worth buying 2 copies its so cheap, that way you will never be without TATW again.

Selon's Avatar Laetus

Or come to Hungary and buy it for 2000 HUF /game.
    Forint worths nothing now days, so you can even buy more copies and sell them...

Lazy's Avatar Biarchus

Be happy that you are from finland!

US law tells you you have no rights! You loose the cd... your problem!
    European law protects your rights... you buy something... you own it! This letter inside the box is against EU law so it is nothing worth!

Dump thing is... this server is in the US so we are not allowed to talk about customer rights...
    if someone gives you an legal answere ( due to your countries law )... his post will be deleted and this thread closed!

In your case I would deny paying twice! Why should you just give someone you do not know money for nothing?

ps: by law you did buy a valid cd-key! Not the cd! The cd and its data are not yours... you only bought the right to use the data with your cd-key!
    As long you have the key you can send them a letter a ask for a new copy... sometimes you will get it for free!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWarts View Post
    ...the woman trampled didn't look impenetrable. So they ran through her.

I had the same problem and used the solution about which it's not allowed to talk...

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." George Orwell

Indefinitely Banned

ive lost rome three times, which ive had to buy again, and kingdom expansion pack for metw2, usually finding them in other game cases not to long after ive bloody rebought it, goodluck dude, just buy it on steam, yur never lose it

ajak60's Avatar Biarchus

i ran into the same problem, left my disks in my dorm room, so i bought off of steam so i could play it over the winter break... works perfectly so far

Campidoctor

Why I install every game as soon as I get it

At least then if you need the CD and lose it....

I keep all my TW games in a triple locked box under my bed.
    just kidding.
    But yeah... Steams your best bet

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

I'm sure you find it on Ebay or another site similar to eBay without leaving your home. Unless someone is willing to make you a copy but you will have pay for shipping, and that's if they are willing do it for you.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

I read before that copy cds will not work. So don't waste time on that. Best bet is to buy another copy, contact Sega and see if they will send you another disc, or use Google to find other alternatives.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    I read before that copy cds will not work. So don't waste time on that. Best bet is to buy another copy, contact Sega and see if they will send you another disc, or use Google to find other alternatives.
    Gotcha, good to know thanks

I think the OP got more that enough advice about his problem.

Closed.