Thread: guide me through this?

Default guide me through this?

terribly sorry to both you all with a question that most of you must be sick and tired of! but im computer illiterate and have no idea what i need to download first. i want to play the most up todate version. i have 1.5 installed, i can install BI if you think its worth it? which is better to play darth mod as, RTW or BI?

can some one please instruct me in downloading the full version? theres alot of things to download by the looks of it and quite frankly im stumped! thank you for for taking the time to exaplain to me.

*EDIT*

i just found Darth Vaders web site, im downloading the files as they appear on there.

am i right in thinking it goes in this order-

Darthmod 7.0
    darthmod 7.5

then opional downloads are

unified rome --- do you recommend this mod or not?
    darth formations -- again do you recommend these?
    Last edited by Toad_Licker; May 14, 2006 at 07:05 PM.
    "We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender" -- Winston Churchill

Default Re: guide me through this?

You don't need to download the formations-- they are included in the mod you already downloaded, which, by the way, you did in the correct order.

As for the Unified Rome? That's a matter of personal taste really. Instead of three Roman families plus the Senate, you just have the Romans. Sometimes it's nice to not have the Senate annoying you with missions, but personally I miss the Civil Wars when I play a unified Rome campaign with any mod. Still, I think if you've never played unified Rome, it wouldn't be a bad idea to try it-- at least to see if you enjoy it. Good luck with whatever you do.

So you havent played the unified rome mod?

The senate is still in there, so annoying senate remains. The only thing the unified rome mod is designed to do is to allow you more variety in your campaign. Instead of heading off and taking on one faction, maybe two, you get to fight all rome's enemies at the same time, and get to see all their units and fighting styles.

thank you for your responses. i have played a unified rome before, did know how it was with darth mod tho.

so DARTH_TOTAL_FORMATIONS_13.0(1.5/1.6 Version) is already installed? i think i may have over ridden it with the previous version and when i came to download this one i didnt know where to put it. the installation was different?
    "We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender" -- Winston Churchill

Do not re-install formations when you already have DarthMod_7.5. Not needed and you lose extra attributes.

Check the new updated gameplay fix here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50026

thanks Darth Vader, if i install 7.5 again over the formation_12 then the formations will be back up to scratch right?

Average British Student

Quote Originally Posted by Toad_Licker
    thanks Darth Vader, if i install 7.5 again over the formation_12 then the formations will be back up to scratch right?
    Yes then install new Fix