Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Surrection - A French Revolution Overhaul for Napoleon: Total War

Default Re: Surrection - A French Revolution Overhaul for Napoleon: Total War

I wish you guys the best of luck! Looking forward to this eagerly.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

almg's Avatar Foederatus

Icon3 A French Revolution Overhaul for Napoleon: Total War

Good evening everybody!

Your add-on is a great idea: thanks in advance!

Alban

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Soult View Post
    Well, some units are missing (Hungarian fusilier and grenadier) while the other ones are worth a little rework, especially if their look is to be compared with Quad's excellent Prussians and Brits. Austrian uniform regulation of 1767 was kept in use until 1800, (even if in 1798 they began to introduce the new ones) so they are OK even for the turkish campaign of 1787!
    Yes, I have made a few changes to the Hungarians and Jagers so they are now in line with the 18th century.

Saddly Quad has been gone for a considerable time now, so we don't have him to help us out on the project, which means we need to make-do with the "vanilla" look.

Also, we really do need people who can work on uniform variants and the startpos. Please help Res Pvblica out with that!

batman i have an idea for new prussian units. there was this mod called [new prussia late 18th century mod]
    made by general william hoe. i think marshal beale wanted to use it in row. but now the download links don't work!!! for that mod and i can't get it. i have sent a pm to him telling him that the links don't work, he is yet to respond.i have tried all his other mods and they don't work either. I wonder if he has been forced into retirment.

We are recycling the skins Quad made for Prussia in ROW.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    We are recycling the skins Quad made for Prussia in ROW.
    Quad Prussian skins are decisely the best ones for the French revolution time. "Prussia 18th century mod" might looks cool but is completely unhistorical, this is remarked by its creator in one of the posts.
    "What is difficult in training will become easy in a battle" Alexander V. Suvorov

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Soult View Post
    Quad Prussian skins are decisely the best ones for the French revolution time. "Prussia 18th century mod" might looks cool but is completely unhistorical, this is remarked by its creator in one of the posts.
    For Prussian Army uniforms in 1796 see
    http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b84273477 Geschichte und Bildliche Vorstellung der Königlich Preussischen Regimenter. Wien: Reilly, 1796
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

I like the sound of this mod! Going to keep my eye on this!

Make sure you add more units and about the same new units for each faction not like 2 new austrian units,20 new french units.
    with the royalist campaign their were no public order problems which i find unrealistic the french monarchy was about to fall apart nowhere were the people happy as royalist france you should have to put down many huge rebelions and revolutions. I like your idea of the republicans starting with corsica and taking the mainland. you would need to make sure that the ai lands troops to the mainland or make them start with armies in the mainland.

what sort of startpos?,if it's region ownership easy as cake. all you need to do is open startpos.esf withesf editor and edit the region ownership files

I don't get what it is with the obsession of unit variety with people. I don't like the idea of bloating a faction's roster with fifty different line regiments, not to mention their are few enough sources for this era as it is. There are a few new units readjusted for the time period, but actually I think I had to remove a lot of the anachronistic Napoleonic units.

The "Reactionaries" campaign (with the Royalists and other Ancien Regime powers), the focus will be on the "middle section" of the Revolution at 1792 and the War of the First Coalition, and that when most of France was seized by the Revolutionaries already. The Royalists will need to rely on the pockets of Royalist supporters in Brittany and Southern France. The Revolutionaries will hold the Vendee, but Royalist forces and insurgents are there and high public disorder. The entire goal of the Reactionaries campaign is to contain and snuff out the Revolution, as it is has already kicked off.

The Revolutionaries will own Paris, not Corsica, in their own respective campaign. They will need to break-out and retake the rest of Royalist held France by force or through rebellion and then take the Revolution outside France.

Region ownership is the primary thing, but also political ideologies will take place of religion. And are you certain region ownership is that easy? We need to make Poland emerge and give its old empire back, as well as establish the Royalist factions.

i am not interested in 50 different line regiments but like each nation had special regiments. grenidier leib garde would be one good one for prussia. and maybe some line regiments that stood out from the others.sappers would be good.

as far as i know it is quite easy. if you wanna for some reason give saxony to austria you have to find the region ownership table of saxony.and in the line that says owner type austria quite easy i think.however i have no idea how to move units to other units or edit the starting public order i only know how to change the owner of the region.

King of Prussia, would you like to join the team as the Startpos guy? You can set up the factions and I will find another to do the finishing touches.

maybe i'm not really sure the region ownership might be a little harder than i imagined ill test it out and see if esf editor does the job.i won't be able to make new factionsbut i will be able to change the owner of the region.i don't quite know how to upload things onto like megaupload or something. but i could attach it to like a pm on twc if you can do that.If it doesn't work though i'm sacked

the only startpos i know how to do is eur napolean the row anti republic for some reason caused crasheson the esf editor.

nope just tested it out doesn't work sorry the actual region ownership is too complicated ,sorry batman

i can't do region ownership but i can do starting faction treasury if you want batman.

update,i know i am bombarding this page with posts batman but when you get your startpos guy make sure he changes russian capital from moscow to st petersberg

I can help with units. I make additional units to the Italian campaign. Does it intresting? I have a little used your works for ROW, so happy to share with you what I did.
    About startpos - just use a EasyEsf for NTW. This tool does everything for you

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast