Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Surrection - A French Revolution Overhaul for Napoleon: Total War

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Default Re: Surrection - A French Revolution Overhaul for Napoleon: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Musa View Post
    The thing I like about Austrian uniforms is how well the white accomodates secondary colours. Strong red is a bold image, but I think it's kind of unimaginitive, and it would be a shame if more than the basic line infantry adopted this colour scheme. I personally think the light blue secondary is delicious, along with all the other great underrated colours for military facing, like that badass dude with pink facings we all know. You have tons of others like Beaulieu regiment's yellow/gold, at least one regiment (Kinski I think) with purple facings. Dashing and surprising facing colours are part of the reason I like 18th century uniforms so much, plus the awesome taste for headgear the Austrians had 1770-1805.

If you ask me, the German Grenadiers look perfect with light blue facings, yet the Hungarian regiments could use a bit of dash to go with those blue trousers - I would say dark green or golden yellow. Old regime troops are there to be professional, manly marionettes dressed with elaborate and fashionable colours, wigs and culottes, teaching those filthy Jacobins some style!

Attached is a summary chart of Austrian facing colours...
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Yes, I remember reading "Wagram 1809 - L'Apogée de l'Empire" and finding lots of great uniform facings like these.

It seems like they changed frequently whenever ownership of the regiment was handed to another colonel.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Inkie Pie View Post
    Yes, I remember reading "Wagram 1809 - L'Apogée de l'Empire" and finding lots of great uniform facings like these.

It seems like they changed frequently whenever ownership of the regiment was handed to another colonel.

It was not that bad. I have now glanced at regimental facings from 1792-1815 and a mere 8 regiments actually changed their facing colour.

These were:

No 7 which went from dark blue to dark brown.
    No 8 which went from dark red to grass green (1810)
    No 11 which went from rose red to dark blue (1810)
    No 13 originally grass green, reformed 1814 with rose.
    No 16 which went from violet to sulphur yellow (1810)
    No 23 originally poppy red, reformed 1814 with carmine
    No 40 which went from pale blue to carmine (1810)
    No 43 originally lemon yellow, reformed 1814 with carmine
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

I actually find that to be very frequent, although I was really talking about the changes made over the course of the 18th century: I remember doing research and finding a confusing mess of colours changing titles and titles changing colours.

This would be a somewhat tedious task, but it would be interesting to see how much/little Habsburg regiments changed their facings compared to other state regiments of the great powers. I haven't looked into this in any way so this is just a presumption, but didn't British regiments remain pretty firmly stuck to their facings during the 18th century?

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Ever since Napoleon came out with all those amazing new features (attrition, supply etc) I've been dying for Empire to get the same features. I just want you to know that I support this mod 100 percent but I unfortunately have no skill as a modder.

I am very grateful that you guys are working on such a fantastic mod and wish you all the best. If you need any help from someone who cannot mod but has a desire to help just let me know.

Looks great!!

Newly raised revolutionary army didn't have that much of strict unifor regulation.

So,do you plan adding variations to french units? I mean legs,hats,torsos.

Miralem's Avatar Libertus
    " This :wub: they call a country " - Bosnia and Herzegovina

Will Russia be there? And might I suggest using the tutorial map???

Knyaz_Agovich
    Russian Field Marshall
    Spoiler for Mods I use

Honest I hoping to play as little guy, not talking about emperor, ability to rise up in this insane frances.

Ordinarius

I can't wait for this mod to release, keep up the good work you all.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

In light of LME's recent 1792 campaign update, I was able to request them if I we could use their map. They agreed, and so made our work drastically easier. I've been busy with real life, but I plan to try to finish up the campaign maps soon. The only issue is that now I need to go through the time consuming process of removing LME's custom units!

agunter999's Avatar Senator

We can't wait

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Neither can I, but Iutland is supposed to be looking at any errors I made with the startpos and he never got back to me.

Typical

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by agunter999 View Post
    We can't wait
    Quote Originally Posted by agunter999 View Post
    Typical
    If you do nothing, don`t complain
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

I've got my own mod
    Minor States Mod
    Which I am planning to do a version compatible with surrection

Dux_Zeugma's Avatar Civis

Suggestion : Why not make a sub-mod of LME? I 'm fan of the french révolution and i think the 1792 campaign of LME 4 must be improve.

Dux_Zeugma's Avatar Civis

this mod is dead?

yep

Boo!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456