Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Passport Bill

Default The Passport Bill

In consultation with the Consuls and senior staff, the Imperator sets the policy direction for TWC. To fulfill this function, the Imperator wields imperium proconsulare maius (powers greater than all other TWC magistrates). The Imperator can veto any non legislative action on TWC except those of the network administrators. The imperator also holds full administrative powers.
    taken from the Syntagma.

The Syntagma does not limit me not adding a new law to the constitution.

The reason I'm posting it, because I will be adding a new bill.

There won't be any voting on this. I simply add this to the existing rules.

I'm posting it here, so you know about Its existence.

Temporary Access to the Curia (Curial Pass)

Any non Civitates has the right to request permission to address the Curia by sending a PM to any member of the Triumvirate. If his wish is supported by either Consul or the Imperator, he is given a Curial pass. In any case the member cannot repeat the same request for a period of 3 months.The pass enables this member to post in one specific thread in the Curia for a period of one week after which it is revoked.
    Frequently Asked Questions:

Who can use this: Anyone who cannot access the Curia(non-civitate), but has some specific (read: extraordinary) issue that cannot be solved otherwise.

Who gives this permission: Either Consuls or Me.

Why would any non civitate want to post in the curia : It depends on the situation. Example: someone who has lost his/her civitateship and needs to defend himself.

Is this a new rank?: No, it's only a pass and it is time limited. No one stays in this rank more than a week, but more likely, even less.

Does this rank require any specific action from the curia (ie:ostrakon) to be removed? : No, it can be revoked any time by any Trium member, worse comes to worse: any staff member.

Default Re: The Passport Bill

Abuse of powers! Abuse of powers!

I actually like the idea. It seems pretty reasonable to me.

Sounds fair enough. Its good the usual members have a voice now. Almost the tribunus Plebes (Sp? aw you know what i mean)

one question though, if they are allowed into the Curia to post does that mean they will be able to view the curia vote and prothalamos? or can you wrangle the technolomology around that. im assuming you can but its nice to know

Edit: and the badge is superb!

Quote Originally Posted by rez
    Sounds fair enough. Its good the usual members have a voice now. Almost the tribunus Plebes (Sp? aw you know what i mean)

one question though, if they are allowed into the Curia to post does that mean they will be able to view the curia vote and prothalamos? or can you wrangle the technolomology around that. im assuming you can but its nice to know

Edit: and the badge is superb!

No, voting, no discussing other than the given permission for their own problem. Whatever that is.

Think of a murder on a murder trial, with handcuffs, limited to speak his mind if he wishes so, but cannot leave the building, or walk to the bathroom alone.

and the badge is superb!
    thanx, I made the badge myself.

Shadows's Avatar Lurking unseen...........

I don't know how often this will be used, but it does have its purposes I guess. I won't oppose you adding in this bill.
    IN PATROCINUVM SVB Virgil (aka 1hHoplite) (1hHoplite's Chaos of Battle Picture Thread)
    Brother to the chivalrous lord, The White Knight, the Evil Einstein of the East, darkragnar and mi nuevo hermano, Ramon Gonzales y Garcia.
    Winner of the Second General Trivia Competition

I'm opposed to the adding of Legislation without Civitates vote, this is going to be .. sod it, I'm going to bed.

I like the idea but this is a REALLY bad move Archer..
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Vorenus
    I'm opposed to the adding of Legislation without Civitates vote, this is going to be .. sod it, I'm going to bed.

While you oppose this, just think for a minute. Most bills were voted and added by civitates, and here I am with a lonely little addition to the rules, and you are about to create a drama. (stop for a minute and compare my additon to Sulla's actions)

The reason I don't want any votes is not because I do not trust the civitates' decision, but simply saving some time with the whole proposition + voting.

I think most people can live with such an addition as mine and not go crazy, because they couldnt' vote on it. They can say here if they are against it, or with it, but anyway I'm adding this to the vote, perhaps I'll change it if someone adds something useful to it.

Shadows's Avatar Lurking unseen...........

But he can legally do it. Civitates vote or not. Besides, it doesn't affect any Civitates (or above ranks) and can only help the facts come out in a debate involving a non-Civitates. not a major change and can only help IMO, not a really bad move, just unexpected, maybe should of had some discussion before enacting it though.
    IN PATROCINUVM SVB Virgil (aka 1hHoplite) (1hHoplite's Chaos of Battle Picture Thread)
    Brother to the chivalrous lord, The White Knight, the Evil Einstein of the East, darkragnar and mi nuevo hermano, Ramon Gonzales y Garcia.
    Winner of the Second General Trivia Competition

Romanos's Avatar Hey

I dont see any issue I mean its probably going to be use, what once or twice each five month.
    Under the Great and Honorable Patronage of Fabolous
    Patron (father) of Sir Matthias and ForgottenImmortal
    Grandson of Lucius Veronus
    Member of S.I.N
    Sept 2003 - 2004 - 2nd Generation Jun 23 2004 (25-Feb)

Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    While you oppose this, just think for a minute. Most bills were voted and added by civitates, and here I am with a lonely little addition to the rules, and you are about to create a drama. (stop for a minute and compare my additon to Sulla's actions)

The reason I don't want any votes is not because I do not trust the civitates' decision, but simply saving some time with the whole proposition + voting.

I think most people can live with such an addition as mine and not go crazy, because they couldnt' vote on it. They can say here if they are against it, or with it, but anyway I'm adding this to the vote, perhaps I'll change it if someone adds something useful to it.

After the months of work dont I deserve to Just pass legislation? Doesnt tBP? Sib? Mimirswell?

No one person can implement a bill without a civitates vote, nuff said IMO.

Now your my boss so im not going to argue, just go on record saying this is not a good idea.

:rip_1:
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows
    But he can legally do it. Civitates vote or not. Besides, it doesn't affect any Civitates (or above ranks) and can only help the facts come out in a debate involving a non-Civitates. not a major change and can only help IMO, not a really bad move, just unexpected, maybe should of had some discussion before enacting it though.
    We are discussing it now. take it as an almost done roughdraft that i will add later on, in the very near future.

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

After the months of work dont I deserve to Just pass legislation? Doesnt tBP? Sib? Mimirswell?

No one person can implement a bill without a civitates vote, nuff said IMO.

Now your my boss so im not going to argue, just go on record saying this is not a good idea.
    I'll post my description of Archer's position:

A semi-hereditary monarch with unlimited power without checks except those he allows.

That mean's he can do what he want's to do whether we like it or not, and gives us the veneer of control.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

I generally like this idea. So long as it doesn't get overused and the one who gets it doesn't abuse the privilidge him/herself.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

I don't see this addition as subverting anything in the Syntagma. And it is legal. I think we should form judgement on such issues based on reality and not on abstractions.

Excuse me, but NO -

Legislation Act

Any Civitate is able to post a Bill in the Prothalamos for discussion, which does not require named support. If a version of the bill becomes supported by a minimum of three other Civitates, including at least one Patrician, the proposer can request that the Syntagma Curator move the supported version of a bill to a vote three days after it was first posted.

Should it be judged that after the minimum of three days more time is needed for debate on the subject, or that the debate is active, and moving the Bill would be premature, the progression to voting of the Bill may be delayed at the discretion of the Syntagma Curator. If the Syntagma Curator decides to delay the vote on a Bill beyond one month, then this decision is subject to staff ratification in the same way as a staff veto.

If the Syntagma Curator wishes to sponsor or support a Bill, the duties will be delegated to a staff member of the Syntagma Curator's choosing.

TWC is made up of The site - Run by Archer and then the Curia Run by the civitates, the curia is like a game according to many. Archer if your going to play the game play it according to the rules. You have total power in all areas exept that one document.

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

But you forget the "Holds full administrative powers" clause, this means he can create positions he believes is neccessary to run this site efficently.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

LV, but since it is you who is creating the drama.

You forgot to include that I am not a civitate, so I am not restrained by the same law as the civitates.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    LV, but since it is you who is creating the drama.

You forgot to include that I am not a civitate, so I am not restrained by the same law as the civitates.

Erm, excuse me but -

You are a civitates - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18037

and I am not starting Drama, I am not agreeing.

Erm, excuse me but -

You are a civitates - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18037

and I am not starting Drama, I am not agreeing.
    You mean I was? In your meaning, neither me or you or any "once-a civitate" moderator should be editing posts, creating forums or accessing the forum via ftp connection.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Is the Syntagma above the Curia? Until now I see only one member of the Curia opposing this. The reason for that is that the relevant section in the Syntagma, combining the section on Legislation Act amd Imperial powers does not preclude such action.
    That is my interpretation. If the Curia has a different one, not an obvious thing right now, we can discuss it and that's why this thread exists.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast