Thread: oh MY GOD !... Invincible Phalanxes

Default oh MY GOD !... Invincible Phalanxes

Great Lord Darth

Your mod is the really (really really really) best one of the world !!!!

I love your formations and the new AI system you created

i play RTW only if it is a DarthModded Version...

finally...i can tell.... i LOVE YOU

...but...

I CAN'T LOSE WITH PHALANXES !!!! MY PHALANXES ARE INVINCIBLE !!!

I played with greek cities faction vh/vh. I'm able to beat an army of 2450 principes and hastati with my 1300 militia hoplites !!!! A closed phalanx formation, in the city plaza is invincible !!!

Anyway in the Darthmod 7.0 this problem didn't exist

Are the spears of the phalanx too long ???

May be useful to make them smaller ??

In the sieges, the cities are invulnerable when they are defended by phalanxes !

Am i wrong ?

I hope you will resolve this problem...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

"All the beasts that live in Italy have a cave, a lair, a shelter. Instead the men that fight and die for Italy just have only sky and light. They move with their women an their children without shelter and without home. The generals lie whene they say to the soldiers to fight against enemy for the tombs of their ancestors and for the other gods of the family, because none of these Romans now have altars or tombs in their home. No, they fight and die for the eagerness and the wealth of other persons. They called themselves Lords of the World, but the own nothing at all"

Tiberius Graccus, from "Vita Tiberii et Caii Gracci", Plutarch

Default Re: oh MY GOD !... Invincible Phalanxes

Since the phalanx in DarthMod (I think ) has been one of my primary targets to balance, in this version of DM_7.5 phalanxes are really powerful from the front and vulnerable when attacked from the sides. As they should be.
    Many say the opposite...that they are weak. But in fact they work perfectly.

So if a human player is able enough to exploit its advantages, why not to win with them?
    You say you used them in the plaza, siege battle. But it is quite straightforward there to have an advantage as they cannot be surrounded.
    The open fields are those that need mastery to handle phalanxes.

Generally if you ask others you will hear that they are now using them more carefully than before since are mostly used to pin opponents than directly kill them.