Thread: Wages

Icon1 Wages

Can someone explain to me, what exactly increases wages? Generals, or generals+agents? If so, how do I disband extra agents?

One more thing, I conquered Moria as HE, and in it a Drill Square equivalent to Just below Royal Barracks. Now, in imladris, these give me 2x Eldar spearmen, 2x swordsman and 2x archers, while in moria it is only 1x? Why so? Should I demolish it and build elven structures? Do all 'evil' structures give me reduced capabilities?

Oh, one more thing, what is Historians Guild good for?

That is all.

Oh, Marry Christmas to all catholic peeps here, from an orthodox brother!
    Last edited by Jovan90; December 24, 2011 at 03:12 PM.

Maestro Ugo's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Wages

Wages refer to only general's wages, agents are under army maintenance, I believe. You should try not to over-adopt - remember that characters in TATW live on average 120 or so years, so If you adopt a lot in the early stages you might end up with way too much generals once those start having children.

I'm not sure about the second thing.

Tired of rampant corruption? Try ICS - Improved Corruption System for TATW3.1.

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm pretty sure it's:
    Wages: Agent upkeep cost
    Army upkeep: Millitairy units, Generals bodyguards (generals themselves are technically "free")
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

This is surprisingly few replies on something I thought you people here knew for sure. This foorum is full of people boasting of playing TATW on VH/VH, and how despite its difficulty it is still easy and so on, and yet no one is sure about these elementary things. I have 2 replies of which at least one is not true

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan90 View Post
    Can someone explain to me, what exactly increases wages? Generals, or generals+agents? If so, how do I disband extra agents?

One more thing, I conquered Moria as HE, and in it a Drill Square equivalent to Just below Royal Barracks. Now, in imladris, these give me 2x Eldar spearmen, 2x swordsman and 2x archers, while in moria it is only 1x? Why so? Should I demolish it and build elven structures? Do all 'evil' structures give me reduced capabilities?

Oh, one more thing, what is Historians Guild good for?

That is all.

Oh, Marry Christmas to all catholic peeps here, from an orthodox brother!
    Agents only cost wage. Generals will cost you wage and upkeep. For instance one spy costs you 100 per turn. One gondor general will cost you 250 (wage) + 250 (upkeep) = 500 per turn.

Recruitment of units is dependant on various factors such as culture and terrain of where the unit is recruited.

History guild has no direct benefit for the player other than unlocking other guilds faster.

This is surprisingly few replies on something I thought you people here knew for sure. This foorum is full of people boasting of playing TATW on VH/VH, and how despite its difficulty it is still easy and so on, and yet no one is sure about these elementary things. I have 2 replies of which at least one is not true
    Relax. No one has to answer you. Be glad peepz take the time help you out. Its about effort not about results.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    Relax. No one has to answer you. Be glad peepz take the time help you out. Its about effort not about results.
    Oh, well you see, when I post something regarding balance, there is no shortage of people calling me a noob, and boasting their own victories and abilities (none of them related or helping my question), and when I ask something like this, no one shows up. I was just pointing that out.
    Of course no one HAS TO answer ME, but this is a forum, communication is the point.

Now, you answered all 3 of my questions and relieved me of any doubt so thank you kind sir, your knowledge is impeccable.
    You could, if you want, help me with one other thing :
    Now that I see generals cost more than I thought, is there no way of disbanding them? Agents too? I can't see that anywhere. Is there a submod for that maybe that you know of?
    I think anyone should have the ability to disband alchocolic generals, and incapable diplomats. Generals you can send to die, but...

Edit1: One more Sir Semedi, if I may As HE, I can build the Sculptor Workshop almost from the beginning in almost all settlements, and I have no idea what it does? I presumed culture increase, but there is still Artists Studio, Art Gallery and so on...It is a 7.500 gold building.
    Last edited by Jovan90; December 24, 2011 at 06:05 PM.

kraxmause's Avatar Semisalis

You could, if you want, help me with one other thing : Now that I see generals cost more than I thought, is there no way of disbanding them? Agents too? I can't see that anywhere. Is there a submod for that maybe that you know of?
    I think anyone should have the ability to disband alchocolic generals, and incapable diplomats. Generals you can send to die, but...
    No, generals and agents can't be disbanded, but as you already said, they can be sent to death: generals on the battlefield and incapable spies/assassins die on missions anyway. Diplomats however cannot be killed by you, only enemy assassins can kill them and enemy diplomats can bribe them, although that is very rare.
    Cleave the sod with your trusty spade
    Dig out a house that's quite like a grave
    And should your neighbour not return your wave
    Cleave the sod with your trusty spade

A.R.R.R. Roberts - The Soddit

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

The Sculptor Studio gives you the ability to build certain guilds which inmproves growth
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

FC Groningen's Avatar Senator

Yeah, unless you run really low on generals, don't be afraid to send them on suicide errands. 1 less general to take care of usually means at least 3 units can be maintained.

send any agent or general you want to kill to a boat , then disband the boat
    ░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
    This is Total War !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maha Moggalana View Post
    send any agent or general you want to kill to a boat , then disband the boat
    Pro tip, thank you

@Mhaedros Thank you, the description says nothing, and I could definitely use a growth boost.

Orthodox have Christmas too...

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Orthodox have Christmas too...
    Yes, but many of them celebrate it on the date provided by the Julian calendar. Looks like the OP is one of them and considerately wishes other Christians (actually protestants as well as catholics) well on their chosen date.