Thread: New RPG idea

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Default New RPG idea

I've come up while on a discussion with Mudd in the VV about a new idea of a RPG Idea. The year is 1950 and relations between the Warsaw Pact have collapsed and war has been declared. This will be a WWIII scenario, and nukes are not allowed (they make it no fun as you just end the world).
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Kurwa

Default Re: New RPG idea

I guess the your side wins since you have god on your side...
    Last edited by imb39; May 11, 2006 at 01:17 AM. Reason: off topic comments excised. - imb39

No offense, but that idea doesn't sound all that interesting to me. It is a good idea, but it doesn't grab me by the throat and make me want to play it. Maybe as a book/movie...o the possibilities!

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I like the idea, although it seems like it nay be tough to carry out as it seems very broad, with basically the whole world to incorporate.
    Last edited by imb39; May 11, 2006 at 01:23 AM. Reason: off topic comments excised. - imb39

I'll play!
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

I tried Cold War RPGs before. They have no future, they are either unhistorical to the extreme (Soviets or Americans having total power), or mind bogglingly dumb (no nukes, sometimes even no war). I give you 2 weeks

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Sorry to SPAM this here but just so everyone knows, Tomte and I will be working on an expanded set of my RPG/boardgame rules. Hopefully these rules will be used in an RPG based on the Ran no Jidai mod once it is complete, these rules would also be applicible to a MTW2 rpg when it comes out. Wwe are currently running the Viking Invasion rpg in a private area here at TWC, if anyone is interested in seeing how things are workign in there please PM me for the link and PW. If this one finishes before Ran no Jidai is completed I am thinking about running another MTW-VI based RPG set during the crusades.
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

Sorry Farnan, but with two RPGs already being worked on (Will bill kelso (?) and the Greek one), there may be a little too much competition, but i'm not going to stop you!

Personally, I think the idea is so-so. I can't see it being famous, or having a real future. Like Xiaodun said, I give it a few weeks.

Libertine's Avatar Neptune eats planets

RPG's are really hard to start - Xiao knows my last attempt and the only things that kept it together where the moderators (me, xiao, brokenfingers and Revan the Great [is a cool guy]) yeah, the only thing that kept it up was the moderators imposing their will on the players, in the end i couldnt cope and it died, and that was with hardcore staffing in a good setting.
    Heir of Kscott
    Proud Patron of the lost Fable and Proud Patron of God
    Spurs Fan?
    Member of the SG Fan Club
    Finland had unusually little to do with the whole New World gig. - Watchman

Helios News Monkey
    Knight of the Lulz