Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod review

Default DarthMod review

Just came to my attention a thread opened in Totalwar.com

Since the words this fellow uses for the mod seem a little

If any darthmod fan has similar or different point of view pls state it there...I need to know.

http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotal...cID=3328.topic

Default Re: DarthMod review

You simply can not please everyone, most likely a matter of personal taste. There is no question in my mind that you're mod has made immense improvements. Period. In particular the AI battlefield behavior.

SARMATIAN LEADER's Avatar Biarchus

lol!!your mod is something that you should be proud of and not listen to some little kids with only 2 posts in this forum affect your work,i personally like your mod and i am having fun playing with it!recently i got to the MP friedly games and only 2 guys knew what the word mod is...especially one guy who told that RTR suck and vanilla TW is much better,so don't pay attention to opinions like this especially into RTW official forum ....if you know what i mean modding community has much to be proud of.It has released some pieces of art that are definetely better than CA's...the difference between modders and companies is that modders love what they do,for companies this is only their job and job sometimes can be boring and this can give not so good products...!!

Keep up the good work Darth and don't listen to this nonsense!

-Kossovo is Serbia- -Macedonia is Greek-

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his. ~George Patton

Average British Student

Darth dont listen to this kid, After playing about 5 battles on plain RTW 1.5 MP. One guy tryed to tell me that war dogs and them roman splinter cell units were historical and used ofern in the time period , Another said CA Skins were on best he ever seen . Another said why mod the game its prefect.

Keep the great work up.

"Your never please everybody"

What bothers me is that you please 99 people but the only one that shouts and gets energetic to spread his shouting is the 1 unpleased.
    The other 99 mostly enjoy in passiveness which is the normal thing.
    The angry (maybe misleading 1 fellow) will be in amok!

And that is a general issue of life.(theoretically speaking now for comic relief)

You never seem to notice ,for example on TV, people who have a reasonable thinking and speaking but for sure more, maybe a crazy madman that enjoys his media exposure to the last minute, spreading rumours, threats, complains and general unprovoked some times criticism for everything you can imagine.

So this is general.

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

lol, as I would say on the Battle.net, that guy is a NOOB he has such a vanilla-washed brain that he don't even notice the true Force Mastery of you and your mod of course critic is a good thing, but only if it is inteligent.

Grand Duke Vytautas's Avatar Dueling it out
    Citizen

Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Universe, lol

Dear Darth , dont let some friggin n00b mess with your great mood and mod lol :laughing: Your mod has been mine NO.1 from the beginning (I also like RTR, TFT and EB, but yours is the greatest of them all), cuz for me gameplay (like in MTW) is always more important than eye-candy. I too get angry of arguements without reason, but you just have to ignore some noobs like that guy . Cheers m8!
    “Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” ― Tacitus

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

It seemed to me that this fellow was especially critical of the formations part of your mod, which I believe is probably close to your release 12.0 formations mod. By comparison, the behavior of the AI without your mod is pathetic compared to WITH 12.0 installed. Maybe it ain't perfect, but you've had to deal with hardcoded issues and a pre-written game engine, so that's not your fault. The fact is, you and Sihnuet (sp?) have taken a dumb AI game and turned it into something as close to real as possible. I salute your talents, and having done a little modding myself, I already know how much endless testing you would've done to fine tune it. So dismiss the uninformed...your work is your praise in itself!

The Darthmod is good but some of what that angry fellow complained about strikes a common note with me. I frequently use the shield wall and for some reason when you order it to attack it tosses guys up in the air when engaged. That infantry is somehow able to do this really strikes me as ridicious and that feature alone spoils some of the fun for me.

I would love to disable this "feature" for the shield wall.
    Work of God

Kurwa

I agree with the reviewer on some points and the amount of posts he has does not reflect in any way on the criticism. I myself hate the idea of Policemen on the battlefield be it secret or not...
    But then again i only have 8 posts so why care.

dont listen to this...you are darthvader...you mean with this one guy you are affected...i love the mod...

Kurwa

Quote Originally Posted by marvius
    dont listen to this...you are darthvader...you mean with this one guy you are affected...i love the mod...
    What if he is not Darth Vader (TM) but instead some greek guy?

Nebuchadnezzar's Avatar Centenarius

Whats with all this vanilla bashing. We all played vanilla at some stage!

Mods are personal and often built around on how someone prefers to play, but this may not suit everybody. Many still play vanilla either because they prefer it or no one has yet put together a mod based on their playing preferences.

Expect criticism and accept it only as statistical feedback. You can't take it personally no matter how barbed it appears, but do listen to all.

In all honesty I didn't find his review all that aggressive. He pretty well described everything that he didn't like in good detail and mentions at least one good point about it without any personal attacks.
    Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar; May 11, 2006 at 03:12 AM.

Yes it think it is more the fact that unlike most who try a mod and dont like it, they unisnatll it and have done with it (i have done this many times). This guy decided to go onto the .COM where Darth has no involvement so seems unlikely to pick up the crtiticism, and made a new thread to review the mod badly. He will most likely have come here or RTR, maybe the org to be able to download the mod, so why post at the .com? Why post at all?

No mod is perfect tho Darth, and everyone has different tastes. There is nothing wrong with people preferring Vanilla either, its a pretty dam good game. Play and let play

Shaggy also noted the most important. When someone registers unter a new name just to start a topic against DarthMod is smthg at least suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER
    Shaggy also noted the most important. When someone registers unter a new name just to start a topic against DarthMod is smthg at least suspicious.
    That might explain a stupid post like "darthmod sux" but not a detailed criticism of the mod like what was posted.
    Work of God

Quote Originally Posted by *****
    What if he is not Darth Vader (TM) but instead some greek guy?
    you take it seriously... i will still love the mod because its a great mod...w t f?!

wow.. i wrote that review at totalwar.com. i had no idea it would bother you this much. for those of you making assumptions, and looking at post count, i'll just stay quiet and let you form your own theories. like some have stated, it's just my opinion, no where do i tell people not to try it out. in the thread i wrote the observations i made while playing the mod, all of which bothered me. i noticed a lack of threads reviewing mods in the rtw MOD section and thought i'd contribute, even if it wasn't to praise the mod. however i apologize for not spending the time to write out my thoughts with more manner.

also, people are calling me a kid? isn't it kind of childish linking a thread from another site here where your followers dwell? to me your first post sounds as if your trying to sick your dogs on me. very uncalled for.
    Last edited by modernfd; May 12, 2006 at 06:27 AM.

Can you link me to some other threads you made regarding mods you tried and didnt like? Or have you liked them all except DM?

Im not saying dont post any comments good or bad, but post them in the mod's forum where they will be read and have a chance to influence things. Darth does seem to actually listen more to fans of the mod, you may have gotten somewhere. In actual fact I do agree with some of the points you made, like some of the mass settings may be a little too far, but who is gonna take notice on the .COM?

sorry, due to my low post count, i was unaware the official forums were unpopular. i've commented on other mods here and there, but i'm not going to link them to you as i see absolutely no point at all. why this thread even needed to be started i dont know. im sorry i dont like the mod. this noob will leave now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast