Thread: Can't Download 7.0

Default Can't Download 7.0

I can't download from FileFront without paying as there isn't any free download servers there. Can't download from RapidShare as I never have been able to as it conflicts with my router or something. However, I can download from the depositfiles.com link, but...I have downloaded it twice and each time it's been corrupted, so no point getting it from that link again. Any other links available? I got 7.5 downloaded OK, but that's useless without 7.0.

Default Re: Can't Download 7.0

I was just about to make a post with the same problem(s). Anyone know of a place to d/l it.

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

why dont u use the rapidshare server then?

Because of the reason stated above. It seems to have issues with my router. It doesn't allow me to download from RapidShare.

Here is the message I get:

# Download-session expired. Direct-links last a few minutes for free users and a few days for premium-users.
    # You requested this download-session from a different IP than yours. If you use AOL, try a different browser
    Well, I don't use AOL so that's not it. I click the link straight away, so it couldn't have expired and what their going on about with different IP's I haven't got a clue. That's why I can't use RapidShare.
    Last edited by Rhino; May 06, 2006 at 06:25 PM.

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

you should connect your computer directly to the modem and try downloading again - this is to isolate the error source. if it wont work you will know it has nothing to do with your router.
    this as a first step

if it still doesnt work i would

go to start>run>tye "cmd"[enter]>type "ipconfig -release">type "ipconfig -renew"

try downloading again

if you get the same error again i would turn of firewalls just to make sure they are not interfering

Thanks for trying, but still the same sadly. It's only RapidShare that does this, any other download site is fine.

You have to disable your dwnld accelerators to use Rapidshare...or else try to dwnld in a less traffic hour in filefront....According to your country try not to use filefront when US time = peak time.

Rhino what web browser are you using? It wouldn't let me d/l from rapidshare with firefox but I was able to with IE.

Hmm... Best solution for Rapidshare is RapGet (http://www.rapget.com/en/index.html). IMHO.

OK, thanks for the help people. I am using the FireFox as my internet browser, so I tried using IE but still same issue with RapidShare. I checked FileFront again today when it wasn't US peak time and it appears the free download links are back now, so I was able to download it from there : D I'll download that rapget thing as it might help with future problems.

Thanks people. I can finally play this great mod now.