Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: [BATTLE RELEASE 1 & 2] The Battles of Elder Wood and Haagen Pike

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: PATCHED 27/12/2011:DRAGONDAWN SECOND RELEASE (XMAS!) - The Battle of Elder Wood - containing the first AND second battles.

Eagerly waiting mate!
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

Default Re: MAJOR RE-RELEASE: DRAGONDAWN PLAYABLE BATTLES - The Battles of Elder Wood and Haagen Pike

Updated OP with a new download link for the battles with new models and some new work...quite a bit really.

If the battle worked it will still work.

Ideally, I'd like to reduce all unit sizes by 25%, as it tends to make it more fun. That can be done, of course.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: MAJOR RE-RELEASE: DRAGONDAWN PLAYABLE BATTLES - The Battles of Elder Wood and Haagen Pike

tie to remove my link then ^^ thanks or the hard work !

Cheers! well, the mod looks fantastic, I just have one question, the campaign mode isn´t implemented yet? Because when I click "start campaign" the game just returns to the singleplayer options, and other thing, the game opens up and it appears windowed all the way, and it hadn´t happened with any other mod so far, so it you could give me a few pointers I would be most grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    tie to remove my link then ^^ thanks or the hard work !
    No problem...I'm sorry it's taken this time...it's to do with different versions and map-weirdness from when Danny wasn't here....

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    Cheers! well, the mod looks fantastic,
    Thanks It's a small bit of what's to come really.

I just have one question, the campaign mode isn´t implemented yet? Because when I click "start campaign" the game just returns to the singleplayer options,
    Sure. No the campiagn's not in there in any form at all, which is why you're sent back. SHould really have removed the option in the first place. The Mini-mod is coming along, but we have coder-issues.

and other thing, the game opens up and it appears windowed all the way, and it hadn´t happened with any other mod so far, so it you could give me a few pointers I would be most grateful.
    That's my fault.

here's how to fix it...

Open up Dragonborn.cfg using notepad.

Where it says windowed = true, change to windowed = false, then just save the text file. Next time you start, it'll be non windowed. It may not look exactly in that order in the file., but find the windowed bit then replace true with false, keeping the space between the '=' and 'true'. That should cover it. There's work to be done on this thing, but no-one has time to sit and make the battles perfect yet, and we want to keep much of it hidden until the mini-mod happens.

Awesome! Thank you for your answers, I´ll be sure to check in and see when you make a release

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    Awesome! Thank you for your answers, I´ll be sure to check in and see when you make a release
    Good! I would like to know what you liked or didn't about the battle, as it always drives people more to know these things Thanks though!

Domesticus

General model to fix.

General who always keeps his arms open:

I do not know if it is a mistake.
    By chance the symbol of the lion's head in the flag, it should be reversed?

Yep, they're mistakes. Flags I knew about and will be fixed for the upcoming minimod, which has the Sun King faction in it.

The model...mm...I had fixed that. I think, in the scramble we've had recently, the model must've been replaced with a wrong one. It's easy enough to fix; just annoying to find the right one or fix the broken one.

There's a mountain of little fiddles to do, all of which are annoying, but these are some of them.

Domesticus

Ok!

Will add to the units, officers and door banners?

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Ok!

Will add to the units, officers and door banners?
    Well, there's an awful lot to add, but yes, officers and banners would be desireable. The little fiddly banners are due to experience and upgrades I think....

Domesticus

Ok, good!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678