Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [BATTLE RELEASE 1 & 2] The Battles of Elder Wood and Haagen Pike

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

Default Re: PATCHED 27/12/2011:DRAGONBORN SECOND RELEASE (XMAS!) - The Battle of Elder Wood - containing the first AND second battles.

1.29 hours till it's uploaded...

Default Re: PATCHED 27/12/2011:DRAGONBORN SECOND RELEASE (XMAS!) - The Battle of Elder Wood - containing the first AND second battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
    1.29 hours till it's uploaded...

^.^ I'm waiting waiting waiting for it !!

Damned thing crashed at the last moment...uploading again...VERY sorry

ACTUALLY...pm me your email address, and I'll dropbox it to you...you'll have to grab dropbox, but then you'd have access to the test versions and everything, so you may as well join the testing team, as you've been so patient and persistent...pm me your email

^.^, okay, no problem my friend, I can wait for it.

hi guys. I have a few questions:
    1. Is this mod already finishid, so is there a complete version out?
    2. Where is the link to this mod? On the first page a link fpr megaupload, but, damn FBI, it doesn't work any more
    3. If there is no link, can somebody upload it again?, because it looks very interesting

ok I saw that the version is only a battle, now I have a DL Link.
    Do you know, when there will be a full version with a campaign?

And: How can I edit my post??
    LegioGPC
    Last edited by Beregond; February 01, 2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: dp

I can give you some basic answers, I'm sure Squeaks or someone will be along at some point with a much better response

Quote Originally Posted by LegioGPC View Post
    1. Is this mod already finishid, so is there a complete version out?
    There isn't a complete version out yet. The teams releasing these historical battles at the moment and then a smaller (but still pretty big) campaign will be released as a kind of prequel. And then the actual main campaign will be released at a later date.
    2. Where is the link to this mod? On the first page a link fpr megaupload, but, damn FBI, it doesn't work any more
    3. If there is no link, can somebody upload it again?, because it looks very interesting
    I'm pretty sure that Squeaks had reuploaded this somewhere, but I'm not entirely sure.

ok I saw that the version is only a battle, now I have a DL Link.
    Do you know, when there will be a full version with a campaign?
    Good good, for the campaign, see my response above.
    And: How can I edit my post??
    And to edit your post there should be a button called "edit post", click this and then you can edit your post.

Hope this helps a bit

Yes thank you. You helped me. But WHERE ist this edit button? I can not find it
    Under my signature, there are three buttons (Quote, Multiquote and reply)
    Under my postcount there are also three buttons (lamp, add to reputation and report)

Can't be so difficult to find this button -.-

It should be next to the quote, multiquote and reply buttons on your post. Make sure your not looking at someones else's post.

Maybe this screenshot will help, you can see that there's a button saying "Edit Post" in the bottom right hand corner of my post, so it should be the same for your post for you.:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Putin this mod on my "To check out "list .

hmmm may u pm me this download...

I can't find a download link anywhere...

Nuts....I'll get onto it. Damned things....

I'll let you know asap what I can do....plus I'll make it an updated jobbie too.

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

Since Megaupload has closed- is there a new dl site?
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

I've had AWFUL trouble doing this....a complete pain in the bum, but the one I DID manage was this:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21205...e_COMPLETE_rar

I'll update the OP too.

SO sorry about the thing, so annoying.

Centaurs OMFG are there centaur archers too?

Yep! I honestly thought it couldn't be done...

The original model (we've altered it, and will update the horse bit to Makmak's new horsie textures too) and method of making the centaurs work was down to Eothese, and it's a genius-like and simple method. He's certainly opened my eyes to the pretty much limitless nature of expanding the game into a fantasy mod - you can honestly do pretty much anything with medII really, save for some limits, but they're not many and are mostly game-play affecting rather than models and animation.

Some of the bits we have to show and put in the full campaign are things like chariots - the Ildiri one I'm trying to get pulled by swans, and I think it's perfectly doable - flying humanoids are done, BIG avatars are a must and done (40 foot ish models), all sorts ofg weird beasts to ride and mess with, although I need to make a decision on whether to be lazy or mess with things like manticores shooting spikes etc. Magic is an ongoing battlefield thing, but again I think you can a lot - artillery and weapons and spells etc. Uhm, working on suicide units that explode on contact....theoretically possible, but need time to test fully (which will be a last thing really). I have the basics of a phoenix rider, we have a hydra (Eothese again), three headed MASSIVE wolf-things, each head being animated seperately (within limits, but good). SO much has been achieved, and it's really just time, which can be in short supply, or I can get a shed load done v quickly. I mean, I'd love to do some bigger tree things (40 foot ish) and have elves in their branches using magic, but....well, in theory, you'd use an elephant-type and then could use the EXCELLENT mumakil anim to get the elves shooting multiple missiles from pre-defined positions(changing missiles to the techniques we used for some magic), but it's theory and a LOT of testing. Doable, but it would be a luxury. None of this stuff is as perfect as I'd like, but it's still fun to get around the limits through thinking in a different way.

Anyway, it's time I got back to it all; had a break recently and need to get on with a few things...well, a LOT of things. There is so much left to do for the main campaign, not so much for me to do for the Ghaurchlai one, but TONS for the main. Plus I waffled loads back there, probably quite boringly.

Actually I really would like to say that we owe so much to a few peeps who have either helped in stuff that seemed impossible, or taught me that nothing is quite, within reason.

I don't think we point out enough some great modders...

EOTHESE has given this mod the chance at life in the first place (NO chance without his help), and he has made me look at things so differently and have fun trying to make stuff the hard way, which is the best.

BRIARIUS is simply a lovely guy and has again breached the walls of possibility in some amazing areas.

THIRD AGE TOTAL WAR have made us able to do an awful lot of things with their animations, which King Kong gave us the use of. There are some very helpful and generous peeps around.

These are the world changers in medII modding. They've given me a chance to do everything I wanted in the mod, way beyond what I even hoped, and I've now eaten in a different direction and am discovering cool new things to do. I know this kind of doesn't belong here, but I don't think things like this are ever said enough.

Willowran's Avatar Domesticus

er--i recognise that there has been issues uploading and all that, i am gonna add to it. My pc seems to have serious issues with gamefront, which freezes and crashes my internet every time i follow the link. Is there another link possible?

or could i do the pm/join tester team thing too?

Quote Originally Posted by Willowran View Post
    er--i recognise that there has been issues uploading and all that, i am gonna add to it. My pc seems to have serious issues with gamefront, which freezes and crashes my internet every time i follow the link. Is there another link possible?

or could i do the pm/join tester team thing too?
    Use a different internet browser, or update your existing one. This is the only thing I can imagine that is causing the problem, it has nothing to do with your PC. Gamefront is a great site, so the problem is on your end. You should at least attempt to fix it or get around it before asking for a re-upload just for you.

Willowran's Avatar Domesticus

I have. My browser is up-to date. I've run various scans to see if there was some issue with my pc, even tried running a .bat file to ovveride my internet security shtuff. If there is an issue on my end, it is with my security. But: it may also be possible that gamefront doesn't work in my country either--i know someone earlier had a similar issue.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast