Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [BATTLE RELEASE 1 & 2] The Battles of Elder Wood and Haagen Pike

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: DRAGONBORN SECOND RELEASE (XMAS!) - The Battle of Elder Wood - containing the first AND second battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Torak View Post
    omg awesome battle
    but when i put sunkings against the empire the sacretband pike destroyed the legion pikes. my legoins in 1 on 1 got 1 kill. that seams a bit op
    Stats are always going under revision, but remember, the Sacred Band is the best of the best. Those puny Legionnaires don't stand a chance

Default Re: DRAGONBORN SECOND RELEASE (XMAS!) - The Battle of Elder Wood - containing the first AND second battles.

Hey Squeaks, I'm looking forward to playing this today. I'll post my commentary and videos on it later on.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by izanagi11 View Post
    Cool beans, luv the centaurs and griffons!
    Yeah, nice griffons squeaks

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    yay im in the credits
    Of course! I feel all Christmassy....just been to the kiddies' service and it was LOVELY. Aside from that, I get loads of cool pressies tomorrow, which is what's important, after all

Quote Originally Posted by izanagi11 View Post
    Cool beans, luv the centaurs and griffons!
    Great! I think the units in this one show the cariety that Dragonborn has, more than the first battle...of course, you're missing the Empire's funkiest units in that battle, and the Wolfborns' weirdest.

omg awesome battle
    but when i put sunkings against the empire the sacretband pike destroyed the legion pikes. my legoins in 1 on 1 got 1 kill. that seams a bit op
    Heh...VERY glad you think so! We worked hard on this one, and the experiences of the first really tells I think, plus the community chose the Sun King units really well.

Uhm. Well, the Legion Pikes are regular troops and the Scared Band are elite (our list goes militia>regular>veteran>elite>Heroic>ridiculous>ninja pig, but, yes, that is a little excessive). When the snow settles, we'll sort that a little bit I think. 1 kill is pretty awful, but there we are - Dragonborn will NOT be utterly perfectly balanced in terms of using spreadsheets - we DO use them, then we fiddle based on certain criterai and the balance is purposefully awry, however, all of this is a great learning experience, and things will get sorted.

You should always bring these things up, as it's the only way the game improves, and we need it to be the best it can be.

I'm debating whether this is the best xmas present...seeing peeps enjoy this, or whether those naughty little presents under the tree can beat it. Mmm.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Stats are always going under revision, but remember, the Sacred Band is the best of the best. Those puny Legionnaires don't stand a chance
    Sacred Band are poss the best pike unit there is, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethien View Post
    Hey Squeaks, I'm looking forward to playing this today. I'll post my commentary and videos on it later on.
    GREAT!! Glad to see you here...will be pretty cool to see a vid and stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwen View Post
    Yeah, nice griffons squeaks
    I thought so.

Except they have armoured horse bums....

I really enjoyed finally completing the Battle of Haagen Pike. The Battle of the Elder Wood was enjoyable too and very chaotic.

I have a few other videos to edit and render, so I should have the battles on here this evening.

Merry Christmas!

Edit:

I'll have the Battle of Haagen Pike up tonight, but I'm going to replay the second battle after I rest up. It's not up to snuff. =)
    Last edited by Ethien; December 24, 2011 at 01:56 PM.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

Citizen

I really enjoyed finally completing the Battle of Haagen Pike. The Battle of the Elder Wood was enjoyable too and very chaotic.

I have a few other videos to edit and render, so I should have the battles on here this evening.

Merry Christmas!
    I'm really glad you liked the battles, and I can't wait to see your videos!

Merry Christmas to you, too!

Merry Christmas!

Edit:

I'll have the Battle of Haagen Pike up tonight, but I'm going to replay the second battle after I rest up. It's not up to snuff. =)
    I look forwards to seeing these videos

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

Will download today, looking forward to playing sometime much later today. Merry Xmas to all my friends here stay safe and eat way to much...like I have already.

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

Citizen

Merry Christmas, Boris!

Thank you for all of the work you've contributed to this great mod!

Torak's Avatar Libertus

umm is the sun king rebellion sapose to have an upside down cougar head on it?

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
    Of course! I feel all Christmassy....just been to the kiddies' service and it was LOVELY. Aside from that, I get loads of cool pressies tomorrow, which is what's important, after all

I don't get presents today, but oh well
    now concerning the battle i will post after school today (yes we have school now, maths all the way from 8:00am to 14:30pm)

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

I'm not sure if it's just me the battle runs EXTREMELY slow... Like to the point where I'm getting probably between 5-10 fps.
    It is slow and glitchy to the point of where I am unable to play it.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    I'm not sure if it's just me the battle runs EXTREMELY slow... Like to the point where I'm getting probably between 5-10 fps.
    Yes, we will have to talk about that.

It would seem as though the Sacred Band have really high poly counts, which would explain the massive drop in FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Borissomeone View Post
    Will download today, looking forward to playing sometime much later today. Merry Xmas to all my friends here stay safe and eat way to much...like I have already.
    Cool! Not about the maths though...

umm is the sun king rebellion sapose to have an upside down cougar head on it?
    Heh, I noticed that AFTER I'd uploaded...not especially, no, but, well, it's Chrimble.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    Sure. I will up[load a patch later to correct it. Sorry about that...wrong damned model...uploading asap.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Yes, we will have to talk about that.

It would seem as though the Sacred Band have really high poly counts, which would explain the massive drop in FPS.
    Yep...the old ones had a hideous count for the intial way I built the 'halos' around the mask....it's actually about 3% of that count for the halos now...BIG drop....less that 6000 vertices...

SACRED BAND AND HIPPOGRIFF RIDERS Models updated...SHOULD ELIMINATE LAG

DOWNLOAD THEM HERE:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BU0HY224

Just unzip, then get the data folder and drop in the Dragonborn root directory, so

SEGA>MEDII>mods>dragonborn Drop in here, overwrite.

Torak's Avatar Libertus

il try this out cuz i got some lag too

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

New release!!!Congrats Squekie!!!Propably will download
    But first I must finish Skyrim.... hahahaha

might be a silly question...but is the grand campaign playable?

Whenever i try to begin one it just takes me back to main menu.

Thanks for your help and what looks like a great mod.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar and death View Post
    But first I must finish Skyrim.... hahahaha
    Finish Skyrim?

How is that even possible!?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast