Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Extended map

baz44331's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Extended map

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Just resize those other maps to the size you have now
    some of the maps are not the same size.

ok here are the three maps types still work in progress.

wip.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

By baz44331 at 2012-01-06

That looks very promissing indeed

ok last one. ground types. all of these need alot of work to make it to the standard of TATW. But I cant get it to work I must be doing something wrong or I'm doing everything wrong lol.. i may need help before I go on anymore I need to know this works you see other wise its a waste of time.

[/URL]

I think you may proceed... my trial version (extended to the east only) worked quite well, I did not see any problem. I've resized the maps to get the width of 1021, 1020 and 510 pixels respectively, and it worked (I've simply made the entire new area part of an existing region)

the east

this east region look very good

But maby there should be some mountains at the eastern border as part of the red mountains.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

I think you have a tad too much regions in the desert of Harad, I would go for more coastal regions and maybe in Lower Khand, seeing on the map A-M provided there are quite some settlements there. Also, north of Rhun there shouldn't be any settlements, just continue the huge Forodwaith region

[QUOTE=Adjudant-Major;10835059]I think you may proceed... my trial version (extended to the east only) worked quite well, I did not see any problem. I've resized the maps to get the width of 1021, 1020 and 510 pixels respectively, and it worked (I've simply made the entire new area part of an existing region)

right good stuff. so ill need to edit the rest to match this height map. i would say now is the best time to as KK the permission to use this still.

I think those (Red Mountains) would be even more distant... ? I mean shouldn't it take more time to get from the sea of Rhun to the Red mountains than to get from Gondor to the sea of Rhun ? ...but anyway, my map is just for testing purposes (it's made, as you can perhaps notice, mainly by pasting different parts of the existin map ), I am looking forward to see baz's results

Edit:
    i would say now is the best time to as KK the permission to use this still
    I would wait and present him a working result, I don't think we need his persmission to work on this project, we would need one to offer it to others I guess.
    Last edited by Adjudant-Major; January 07, 2012 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by "lolIsuck
    I think you have a tad too much regions in the desert of Harad
    I would agree, but this is the easiest part I think... the regions should fit with the terrain mostly, rivers, mountains, and indeed, the desert or eastern regions should be, in my opinion, larger and fewer. But this is just a very first trial.
    Last edited by Adjudant-Major; January 07, 2012 at 04:54 AM.

Right ive made the ground map and the regions map to match your heights map. first ill finish the heights map.. make it perfect so you wont even know the difference between the official one and ours. then ill move over to the ground map and do the same with it. then i need to just slightly fix the map_climates map and then where sorted with the graphic part. then where on to names of citys and ports and so on, which I haven't even looked at yet. and the coordinates will need to be looked at too. But first I need to go for morning run.. be back later ,

Don't you think that there should be an unpassable and unconquerable region in the interior of the desert, like the north Forodwaith region or the interior or Arabia in EB. I think this would look cool and it would be realistic that it is impossible to inhabit the desert.

think those (Red Mountains) would be even more distant... ?
    Yes, but it would be a good border of this big plain. How about some spurs of the red mountains?

@baz44331: Don't you think that the mountain range south of Khand is a little bit to long?
    Last edited by Isildor; January 07, 2012 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isildor View Post
    Yes, but it would be a good border of this big plain. How about some spurs of the red mountains?

Hmm.. I dont really this its to long Isildor if you look a the map on the first page it looks just right. thats going by the new heights map A.M just posted.

ok progress update so what you think A.M of the mountains to much? I made them smaller than the others because it looks like this on the map.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

How do you make this so bloody fast?

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    How do you make this so bloody fast?

haha yes I am but its down to experience, ive worked for many mods. I also had my own too for many games also. but I gave it all up because of stress and I'm also in the army so cant be stressed at home for something thats meant to be a hobby you see and stress at work too lol. But I feel that time has passed and im ready to come back again, anywho life story over haha you like?
    Last edited by baz44331; January 07, 2012 at 09:16 AM.

I think the southern mountains are a bit too important, yes I would also add the lake near "Suza Rij", and I think the river from that lake to the sea might be navigable.

I will send you my eastern heights in high quality if you want to use them... I think the jpg would not look nice when used ingame, especially the coast.

ok progress update so what you think A.M of the mountains to much? I made them smaller than the others because it looks like this on the map.
    Looks good.

But the mountains in the south west should maby look less like a pronged line but more like an accumulation of mountains and hills.

I think the river from that lake to the sea might be navigable
    I like this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Adjudant-Major View Post
    I think the southern mountains are a bit too important, yes I would also add the lake near "Suza Rij", and I think the river from that lake to the sea might be navigable.

I will send you my eastern heights in high quality if you want to use them... I think the jpg would not look nice when used ingame, especially the coast.

lol i use PSD to keep high quality and covert them into TGA when all the work it done. jpg is just to show you progress, also the mountians i have done need to be darked at the bothem then there done but you can see there considerable smaller than the other mountains on the map.

As for the lake thats a big yes ill get on it now.

Last edited by baz44331; January 07, 2012 at 11:13 AM.

The navigable river looks good

Will you add also some mountains around the Raj region as border between the jungle and the desert, like on the map?

PS.: Can you make also the Harnen navigable, since it's now nearly in the middle of the map and therefore in a more important position.

ok last update for today. half way there i think. each map had work on it today. if you like A.M you can test this out see what it looks like so far. also what dimensions are you useing again for the descr_terrain.

WIP

WIP

WIP

WIP

Last edited by baz44331; January 07, 2012 at 01:43 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast