Page 9 of 82 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Default Re: Suggestions

The Rohan-Dale union in a sort of a new kingdom is interesting... I would just say that these reunion projects generally have a potential gameplay problem : they usually propose for condition the destruction of an evil faction, in this case it's Rhûn. What will the kingdom of Rhovanion be good for without a strong ennemy that makes the game worth playing it ? Is this all about a nice window saying "victory is your, congrats, bye" ?

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

I like your ideas for the dwarves, the rest, not sure

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Firstly: The dwarves if Ered Luin saw Dain as their king, it would be lorerape to create a new dwarven faction. There was no dwarf named Thrall, but Thrain, and his ring was safe in Barad Dur, where Sauron knew it was close and safe. I really like the idea of new dwarven units at least.
    Silvan elves could be split however. No large mallorn tree tho, I'd rather see an old elven fortress rebuilt. I dont see why they would fuse into one faction
    Dale&Rohan: I really dont like this idea, but we all have different opinions
    Orcs of the Mountains
    Nope, Imladris was a fortress in the realm of Lindon. There are almost noone there.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

I think 3 factions need particular attention - those are OotMM, OoG and Isenguard. The first two should be reworked to a similar extent to the HE.

Isenguard should get some new features and units as well, here are some suggestions which are both lore-worthy and plausible:

1. Isenguard should start allied with all good factions (or at least Eriador, HE and Rohan) and unable to declare war or do anything other than take rebel settlements and turtle. Via a script however Saruman's evil will gradually be revealed, leading to all these alliances breaking and war breaking out with Rohan automatically.

2. Dunland should ask for autonomy, and if granted gift units every so often. There should be more Dunlendings units as well, and the starting Dunlending general should get the highest tier Dunland unit available as his bodyguard.

3. The influence of Wormtongue should be better represented than as a mere diplomat. My idea was that the Kings of Rohan should automatically inherit Wormtongue as a very negative, deabiltating ancillary. Obviously there should be a way to get rid of him eventually somehow though.

4. Some new units too.

Edit: Some more ideas.

5. Isenguard should be required to eliminate Mordor to gain victory - After all it is very clear in the novels that Saruman intends to surplant Sauron if he possibly can.

Regarding idea 1 - Here's how I would imagine this roughly working...: Turn 1-20: Isenguard is allied to Rohan, HE and Eriador, and is unable to act other than to conquer rebels and turtle. Rohan, paralysed by the King(s) mind(s) being corrupted by Grima, are similarly unable to do too much.

Turns 20-30: Saruman, now having revealed himself to Gandalf, is searching for the ring very actively. This leads his Uruk-Hai to intruded on Rohan leading to war breaking out. However the King, still affected by Grima, refuses to declare full war and this limits the response Rohan can give - it can only defend towns and castles, probably causing Rohan to lose a chunk of it's Western territory.

Turn 30 onwards: The King of Rohan (whoever he is at this point) is somehow released from Grima and Saruman's grip automatically and Rohan can now fight properly.

Overall I think this would enhance both the Isenguard and the Rohan campaign greatly and make Isenguard much better and more interesting to play
    Last edited by Death's Deputy; December 29, 2011 at 05:58 AM.
    "There are seven emotions: joy, anger, anxiety, adoration, grief, fear, and hate, and if a man does not give way to these he can be called patient. I am not as strong as I might be, but I have long known and practiced patience. And if my descendants wish to be as I am, they must study patience"

Tokugawa Ieyasu

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    There is a expanded map for MOS that adds a town there. It will probably be part of the next MOS.
    Oh really? There isn't even an expanded map for 3.0/3.1 yet and there will certainly be no in the next MOS. Maybe in the MOS after that or at least an optional version if an expanded map has been made

FC Groningen's Avatar Senator

The ideas are rough and unpolished as they stand now. Hence why I asked you all for your opinions and which "fusions" you thought of a good idea and which you do not deem as a good idea.

Of course, balance needs to be checked as Rhun would get a lot of enemies at once. As it stands, Rhun however, has one of the easier/easiest campaigns, so keep that in mind as well. Let me get back on this later, if you guys can't think of a suitable way to fix this balance issue.

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

The Arnor design is quite good- at least you don't have to destroy everyone before you can be Arnor.
    Unless you want to do it anyway.
    Eriador start off weak with militia and random things, to rise into a strong nation.
    The others already have something good, and I think Dale and the northern orcs would need it, but not Rohan or the evil men.
    Aure entuluva!

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

To make it more exciting for Dale I agree with the Rhovanion concept, but I don't think Rohan should take part in that, their focus had long changed and the campaign is exciting enough

Some suggestions :
    -new visual armor upgrades (for snagas, rohan soldiers by example)
    -a new unit for the mordor : castellans of dol guldur (this is not lorerape, is it?)
    -include excellent mini sub-mods : "gondor cavalry shield fix", "Better Weather for 3.0", "Minas Tirith trebuchet", "ICS"(Improved Corruption System), "Heroes Mod for 3.1"
    - include more parts of Baron samedi's mod compilation : "Small projects Mods", "Immortal Nazgul", "All factions Horde", "Gandalf the White", "Real Alliances", "Re-emergent factions", "The Beacons of Gondor" (they bring to this mod a better gameplay for campaign, and are not lorerape at all (on the contrary!)), and some new units from "Additional units mod" (For Rhun by example it would be excellent)
    Last edited by Mattack57; December 29, 2011 at 07:50 AM.

Default Re: You what I would like to see....

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    OMG, thats lore rape
    Well Mhaedros, that is LOTRO. They have been(And they still are) breaking lore for thousand times.

i think it would be a good idea add this submod to vanilla (archer accuracy sub-mod)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=501423

it needs some balance, but would be great to see really a difference between snagas and eldar or sindar archers
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

I would love some AOR unit for dwarves for Gundabad region,after all its a sacred place for them,where the first Durin woke up. I think its quite likely that if they would conquer it once again, they might form some special guardians of this sacred place, to prevent orc overruning this ancient dwarven city again.

In hobbit is mentioned that dwarven forces from Iron mountains had Poleaxes as weapons, so perhaps this AOR unit might have poleaxes.

I pretty much agree that Dwarves and Sylvan elves should be splitted into two factions..I pretty much see that making Dwarves of Ered luin would Unbalance the game (but I hope at least for some AOR units ),but I think Lorien elves won't unbalance the game that much (as they would be surrounded by three evil factions)..we also know that Lorien elves were much more different than the Mirkwood ones, as they were mix of Sylvans,Sindarin and Noldor survivors of Eregion, while most of Mirkwood were Sylvans (except the Royal Sindarin lineage)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaldithas View Post
    I pretty much agree that Dwarves and Sylvan elves should be splitted into two factions..I pretty much see that making Dwarves of Ered luin would Unbalance the game (but I hope at least for some AOR units ),but I think Lorien elves won't unbalance the game that much (as they would be surrounded by three evil factions)..we also know that Lorien elves were much more different than the Mirkwood ones, as they were mix of Sylvans,Sindarin and Noldor survivors of Eregion, while most of Mirkwood were Sylvans (except the Royal Sindarin lineage)
    That feature is in FRoME. As already said in this thread, submods stay submods.

EDT: But new units would be nice.

Default Concerning Minas Tirith

I have some questions/suggestions about Minas Tirith. I think some of this have been ask before, but (i think) not been answered.

1- I don't know if it is possible, but I think the outer wall should be indestructable, I mean you can't defend against an army with siege weapons because first thing they do they bring down the walls.

2- Archers in the upper floors, in the Hornburg you can put archers in the upper keep's wall, so maybe there is a way.

3- Make the assaulting army's deployment area further away from the wall, there isn't much time before the army reaches the wall.

4- Why is the central plaza in the third level in the campaing, and in the last level in custom battle? is there a way to change this?

5- Maybe make some space in the second, and perhaps in the third level, to make some room for trebuchets.

Any way I love the custom settlement, it looks beautiful and you can notice there are plenty hours of work in it

PS: I didn't know where to start this thread, feel free to move it if you like.

Default Re: Concerning Minas Tirith

Quote Originally Posted by panson24 View Post
    I have some questions/suggestions about Minas Tirith. I think some of this have been ask before, but (i think) not been answered.

1- I don't know if it is possible, but I think the outer wall should be indestructable, I mean you can't defend against an army with siege weapons because first thing they do they bring down the walls.

2- Archers in the upper floors, in the Hornburg you can put archers in the upper keep's wall, so maybe there is a way.

3- Make the assaulting army's deployment area further away from the wall, there isn't much time before the army reaches the wall.

4- Why is the central plaza in the third level in the campaing, and in the last level in custom battle? is there a way to change this?

5- Maybe make some space in the second, and perhaps in the third level, to make some room for trebuchets.

Any way I love the custom settlement, it looks beautiful and you can notice there are plenty hours of work in it

PS: I didn't know where to start this thread, feel free to move it if you like.
    1. If it were realistic it would take days of bombardment to take down walls, but what your talking about is the creator's of the original game's fault

3.Ask in modding forums
    4. Probably balance reasons

This should probably moved to the suggestions thread

Default Re: Concerning Minas Tirith

4) If the plaza is on the top level, the AI will never be able to capture MT

Quote Originally Posted by Leaderofgood View Post
    That feature is in FRoME. As already said in this thread, submods stay submods.

EDT: But new units would be nice.
    from lore view its lorien + mirkwood is almost like Harad + Rhun as a single faction

I like the implementation of limited unit replenishment. But may I advise making it based on faction culture rather than region.
    Example:
    Gondor conquers Minas Ithil which has 100% evil culture.
    Once the culture gets to 25% dunedain one can recruit militia at 20 turn replenishment(varying based on culture requirement for units)
    Once Minas Ithil's dunedain culture reaches 80% they can recruit low tier units at the normal rate, at 90% they can recruit mid tier at the normal rate, and finally at 95-100% high tier units.
    I think this offers a reasonable balance between being able to building a decent army at a given theater and not being able to spam out good units once you take a high profile settlement.

Thank you very much TA team for your hard work, I look forward to what you guys bring us next!

Quote Originally Posted by brasswire View Post
    To spice up one or both of the Orc factions (OotMM / OoG), and/or to give them some variety, I would like to see Wolves added to them. Not Wolf-riders, not Wargs, just a plain pack of wolves. I believe it fits within the lore and fits with the style of these two factions.

Also this wolf unit designed for another mod here (Myth the Fallen Lords) looks amazing and I would love to see it used for Third Age if the creator is willing.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

That's a fantastic idea! I LOVE IT!
    Tegyvuoja Lietuva!

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jaldithas View Post
    from lore view its lorien + mirkwood is almost like Harad + Rhun as a single faction
    Imagine Lorien conquering all regions around it, that wouldn't be Lorien anymore. After War of the Ring, Thranduil gave Celeborn Southern Mirkwood now called Southern Lorien(I think). Or, better, imagine Lorien get conquered in around 30 turns because it wouldn't be strong faction. While in FRoME, it is balanced to make such factions as Dunland, Ered Luin, Lorien.

And no, It isn't same as Harad and Rhun as single faction. Men of Rhun are the Easterlings and most "famous" leader of theirs is Ulfang the Betrayer. They are mentioned in First Age and they are men of one of those Houses(not sure which one). They are known for their Wainrider invasions on Gondor. And about Harad we don't know much. We can call them Southeners or Troll-Men as it is mentioned in Lord of the Rings. Harad and Rhun were even at war in some times, and Harad and Rhun have many regions, making them into one faction would be making faction stronger than Mordor or any. Lorien has little factions and it is likely target of OOTMM, so Lorien would be very vunerable. But special Lorien units only recruitable in Caras Galadhon would do it.