Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 305570717273747576777879808182 LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1633

Thread: Suggestions

FC Groningen's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Suggestions

I assume this is for playable factions only? Sounds like the vampire curse in Oblivion to me and this will probably lead to a lot of quick loading. The thing is, in this game, people get a notification of where the ring is and then use it to their benefit, which is usually hard enough. If you imply this, most players will probably end up trying to avoid the ring, which is basically the opposite of what you want in the game and what would happen lore wise. I prefer a large bonus for some evil factions if they manage to get the ring. For example, if Saruman gets the ring, reduce the upkeep with 33%, give him 3+ authority, + 10 hitpoints, +2 attack +3 command and have him be the only one being able to call invasions. This of course should make it a lot harder for Isengard to get the ring.

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by FC Groningen View Post
    I assume this is for playable factions only? Sounds like the vampire curse in Oblivion to me and this will probably lead to a lot of quick loading. The thing is, in this game, people get a notification of where the ring is and then use it to their benefit, which is usually hard enough. If you imply this, most players will probably end up trying to avoid the ring, which is basically the opposite of what you want in the game and what would happen lore wise. I prefer a large bonus for some evil factions if they manage to get the ring. For example, if Saruman gets the ring, reduce the upkeep with 33%, give him 3+ authority, + 10 hitpoints, +2 attack +3 command and have him be the only one being able to call invasions. This of course should make it a lot harder for Isengard to get the ring.
    I agree with that, but good factions should also get a good bonus while having the ring. What's more, I think that every "hero" of the game, should be much much stronger and every strong city,castle etc should get bonus units and defensive equipment if it's getting under siege. I kill Saruman in the first 50 rounds as Rohan almost everytime I play. Somehow it ruins the game

FC Groningen's Avatar Senator

They already have a bonus of being able destroy Mordor relatively easily.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chriskourou View Post
    I agree with that, but good factions should also get a good bonus while having the ring. What's more, I think that every "hero" of the game, should be much much stronger and every strong city,castle etc should get bonus units and defensive equipment if it's getting under siege. I kill Saruman in the first 50 rounds as Rohan almost everytime I play. Somehow it ruins the game
    the "heroes" are already much stronger and in MOS you have also the change to make them "immortal"

about cities, there is the Garrison Script for this ...
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

I don't mess with the scripts... and I will never install MOS again. Ever. I did 3 times and every single one of them playing was impossible. Of course I did everything the from the bug guide. Ok immortal is not natural. Anyway, KK is missing so I hope for LEO's effort on 4.0

Laetus

I think that when you guys do v3.3, you should add the Wainriders to Rhun.

I think that some "important" cities such as Minas Tirith, should have some extra siege equipment, like the giant rock throwing trebuchet in the "return of the King".

Playing as Dale facing Rhun, I can handle them, and it's very prevalent that they are a much stronger financial nation than Dale. The problem I have though is when I'm facing a full stack nearly 2/3 to 3/4 of the units are the skirmishers! Fighting them is just so boring... I'm chasing after the damn skirmishers, after I crush the infantry, for nearly half the battle! They are ust so mass produced. I feel like the use of them should be more like infantry that throw javs then charge. It would allow for the battles to be battles and not a cat and mouse chase..

As Dale your armies should be comprised primarily of bowmen and cavalry. Both should have no problem chasing down skirmishers.

U should add Sharku warg riders leader for isengard
    more units for every faction
    more mercenaries
    smarter AI

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VeNDettA1243 View Post
    U should add Sharku warg riders leader for isengard
    more units for every faction
    more mercenaries
    smarter AI
    you should start modding by yourself, and if you'll be able to get smarter AI I will adopt you, really

anyway, welcome to TWC
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

I know, and I do chase them down but the problem is; I don't WANT to chase them down, It's annoying how I have to chase them down, big battles aren't big battles it's just a waste of my time. There is no actual fighting it seems, I'm either getting peppered by those stupid variag raiders(those are fine, pain in the ass but atleast they're not the whole army) or I'm chasing down the stupid skirmishers to the edge of the map if I don't have 10 units of cav to chase about 15 units of Balchoth tribesmen.

I can counter them but it'll really help in the fun factor for Dale when facing the Easterlings.

Well then you should probably play another faction. Skirmishers/archers are the name of the game in the north, not so much in the south. You should play Gondor.
    In it for the rep.

Yeah I would but it's basically just a slugfest the whole time.... and that just ain't me.

I understand about the Skirmishers being in the army and being a major part of armies but.... 15 units of a 20 unit army being Balchoth Tribesmen.... I mean come on. Theres only about 2-3 units of melee in the armies I face....

It's like me playing the French in Vanilla..... I just can't... I just can't....

yeah that's some of the annoying facts in TATW. Try playing online

Hy there,
    Recently playing a lot of Third Age
    I mean, while losing your General in a battle, I mean just one man, WHY an entire host of the general should disappear the next turn, or after the battle, I mean, those man, actually would want to honor its general or avenge him, or at least enter other troops in that army, It seems quite non-realistic, so as a suggestion: or an example as I was playing with the Silvans, and their generals unit are Sindar Archers, or how it said Silvan Heavy Archers, while your general dies, other units that REMAIN ALIVE, transforms in an another unit of Silvan Heavy Archers? is it possible? the same case for the Dale generals, as for the Nazguls it should be the Black Numenoreans Cavalry, for Gondor -Gondor Cavalry, the heavy one, for High Elves it may be the Eldar Cavalry and so on; just a suggestion, and it is possible?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrian View Post
    Hy there,
    Recently playing a lot of Third Age
    I mean, while losing your General in a battle, I mean just one man, WHY an entire host of the general should disappear the next turn, or after the battle, I mean, those man, actually would want to honor its general or avenge him, or at least enter other troops in that army, It seems quite non-realistic, so as a suggestion: or an example as I was playing with the Silvans, and their generals unit are Sindar Archers, or how it said Silvan Heavy Archers, while your general dies, other units that REMAIN ALIVE, transforms in an another unit of Silvan Heavy Archers? is it possible? the same case for the Dale generals, as for the Nazguls it should be the Black Numenoreans Cavalry, for Gondor -Gondor Cavalry, the heavy one, for High Elves it may be the Eldar Cavalry and so on; just a suggestion, and it is possible?
    Hard coded; if the general dies his bodyguard is gone.
    That condition is, should be noted, more than compensated by the fact that you never have to retrain the BG but it replentish its numbers, wherever you are on the map.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I think culture/religion should be something more precise. As it is in medieval 2 vanilla. I still dont know which non-melkor buildings generate culture (im playing AOR 2.3). Perhaps adding priests would be good?

Btw, its a pity that Saruman can not be a ranged hero and use magic instead of melee, o even be an elephant. Thats because this is something impossible to mod as no heroes are ranged/elephant right? Perhaps making saruman be accompanied be ranged spectre units would make things more wizard-like?

Icon3 Updating the music?

Hi there!!To be honest I don't play this game for some time but I remember that the music of the vanilla of TATW was less ... cool .So I'm here to make a suggestion (I know there is a topic but I wanna to show to everybody what I'm suggesting and your opinion) add the music of Lord of the rings movies (example: the submod MOS but it takes long times between turns to my "super" machine xD ).Thanks for reading this and don't forget to give your opinion.
    JPEmpire is gone!Sauron will conquer all TWC!!!! BUT I can also enjoy the mods (yes I have a computer don't judge Mordor ok?)
    Recommended Mods:
    EUROPA BARBARORUM 2,ROMA SURRECTUM 2,RISE OF THE THREE KINGDOMS,STAINLESS STEEL
    AND
    Dark Lord simulator (Third Age)

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Updating the music?

LOTR music is already in the game.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.