Page 75 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2550656667686970717273747576777879808182 LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1633

Thread: Suggestions

Default Re: Suggestions

It's also a bug that the reinforcing attacking army at Helm's Deep gets spawned in the mountains behind the settlement.
    In it for the rep.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I can understand that the developers of this exelent mod made huge efforts to give the players the chaotic essence of the evil invasions.
    The huge armies of Mordor, the naval invasions etc...are all wonderfull.
    Few things must be improved if i may allowed to say my opinion after playing all these years M2TW mods and this ones since the 1st day it released.

1st: What we must always remember.
    This mod is NOT an historical one and simply based on a tale of a fantastic world.
    That means that the players , no matter if they play with the "good guys" or the "bad ones" must be free to focus on the tale (battles, enviroments, events, visible ellements).
    What keeps players away from that goal is the poppulation growth and the the economy system.
    TATW is the only mod in my playing expirience that i have to cheat no matter what i do.
    The only faction that was able to give some funds after ONLY one cheat was Dale.
    Also the settlements grow up too slow.

My humble sugestions are:
    1: Assign population growth also in farms.
    This sugestion comes from the fact that the tale was based on "medieval" background and in medieval times more food ment less deaths from hunger and so more "active" populations.
    2: Give markets , ports and other finansial buildings more profits. More to the point that a player with a good plan will not need to cheat.
    3 :Give players a good ellite unit (Mithlod nobles for example) in every faction.
    I make this sugestion because players must wait hundreds of turns to have access to ellite and realy wonderfull units (low poppulation growth of settlements, to many turns to build proper buildings).
    That will give a boost to players interest.

Thank you guys for this wonderfull mod.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

I agree regarding the growth and income. It's ridiculously low; now in the latest versions of the mod it comes down to unplayable boring absurdity. Well, at least it's imho. There's too much artificial difficulty now.

This mod was designed for people who thought that Medieval 2 was too easy. If you want an easier time, set the difficulty to E/E. Lots of people have finished this game on VH/VH, so making it easier for everyone would ruin the experience of those who already are able to win and who like a challenge.
    In it for the rep.

better to say, "this mod was designed" by "people who thought that Medieval 2 was too easy."
    the problem is: there are different levels of difficulty, but there is no description how they affect the game. and as Beregond said: "artificial difficulty".
    in the entrance-script there is written that this mod is supposed to be played on VH/VH - what means, that most will first try it on this level (at least I did).

but what is not affected by diffculty, are the thoughts Anthonius writes. and yes, it is a bit enerving that your towns grow SO slow and your economy is SO horrible (in comparison to AI).
    maybe the devs could release two versions next time - one with better economy and one with the current.
    because I myself don't really like searching the files for thins I can manipulate manually - that doesn't feel right (like cheating).

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Campaign difficulty is not only about finansial issues.
    Mainly it has to do with more and bigger and more threatfull invasions, more complicated recruitment issues, better AI battle performance and AI campaign planing...
    I have also won in VH/VH with Elves but even when i was victorius with every battle i had NO city to give me better units.
    Even when i concentarted my effort to develop their capital all the rest of cities remained poor and villages.
    Also AI does not develop it settelements.So...when you qonquer one of theirs you have to wait almost 100 turns before you will see it as a real city!
    The game must be re-planed the way if a player wants to "buy" sometime with minimum army he/she must be able to organise the faction's economy in the way that no cheating will be required.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Hi and thanks for a great mod!

So, I get right to it:

I don't know the limitations and code etc., but I would love if the settlements changed due to culture. For example, say you're playing as Free People, you gather your best army and march towards Mordor. If you get to and capture the black gate you done really well but you have to wait there for reinforcement because by now you slained trolls and ringwaraiths and that will cost you. So, Aragorn stayed there for like 10-20 turns before he could move on, and during this time I got up the Dunedain culture to like 40%. Now, I would love if an alt. version of the blackgate map would then pop up. Nothing facncy, just some trees, some grass and so on. To create the impression that the place is being purged from evil and all that.

Another thing, mordor seems unable to attack the black gate from the "mordor" way.

For Eriador/kingdom of Arnor
    How about starting with only Bree as your city and having an army composed of High elves given by Elrond and dunedain units? Your generals being Gandalf, Aragon and his son. (Maybe Free upkeep for this initial army ? Since they are volunteers sworn to restore Arnor...)
    Next you would have to conquer the ancient cities/ruins of Arnor that have very low populations and are occupied by Bandits or Orcs.
    These new cities would have high unrest in the beginning and the spawn of rebel armies composed of bandits should be increased. After all you are imposing your will on a country occupied by bandits/orcs who like living like this. So high unrest and high spawn of small rebellious armies at the beginning makes sense. To simulate this how about if the starting culture for Êriador is dunedain and not northmen. All this cities in the beginning have high culture of melkor/northmen.

Master Shu Win's Avatar Foederatus

Taro_M's submod should be placed in the new update, whenever that will be.

For solving the population problem with a more realistic feel. Why not as you start conquering cities dunedain that are scattered through middle earth start migrating to them with each new accomplishment? Like conquered 3 cities = wave of migration of 4000 ppl to disperse through your cities.

sanderman2's Avatar Centenarius

The only thing i agree with you people is that the growth is to low.
    If you think finincial is not high enough or not good , youre just not good enough.

i'm honestly not a fan of how much the unit recruitment has slowed down...16 turns for one unit of top tier archer? and then another 2 to actually recruit them? it's ridiculous...and that's in a region where the recruitment time is at it's lowest. another thing that bothers me is that the Gondor regular units (swordsmen spearmen archers and cavalry) can only get their lvl 2 armor upgrades at Osgiliath and Minas Tirith? WHY!?! why do I have to retrain or recruit all my units there just to get them to be top notch? theres already 2 units that can only be recruited at Mt and 1 units that can only be recruited at Osgiliath. why do I need to recruit the backbone of my entire army from those 3 cities as well!?! it's nonsensicle and ridiculous imho.

I am now curious, when reading complaints about the slow growth and recruitment rates, how does it compare with vanilla M2TW. If I am not mistaken, TATW has 4 turns per year (with MOS it seems to be 12) while M2TW is 2 years per turn (note, my only experiences of any length are TATW with MOS mod, and Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod (which has 2 turns per year)).

the recruitment was much faster. the turns per year didn't matter because it's still a 400 turn campaign.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

It's called realism, both ingame and IRL; the fertility rate in Middle-earth is aweful and realisticly the fertility rate is not equal for a quarter of a year as it would be under, for example, a two year period
    Personally I deem both this and recrument time proper as they are, it match KK's intention for a most Middle-earth-ish game and a hard challenge, as he's an outspoken hard core gamer. Changes of these matters are better off for submods I'd say.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

im not gonna rebuke that Ngugi...just because anything that I say would only serve to piss you and other people in the "hardcore gamming" community...

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Haha, naa, if I got pissed I would been unfriendly in tune and perhaps suggest one to go play something else; now I only explain the reasons behind (which I personally like) and encourage modding solutions for those who disagree (which I think is a splendid way to enrichen both the community and individuals own control over their game experience)

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

As a long time lurker that rarely posts I can only say that game is not THAT hard once you get to know how it REALLY works... You have to micromanage everything to get the most of it but that is part of the plan - for example I rarely see anyone on the youtube videos getting the most of their governors which actually makes a huge difference, most of them do not employ even simple tactics besides "Let's charge 'em all with that heavy cavalry units" and so on. I've won with every faction on VH/VH besides the OotMM (which I dumped after I took care of the dorfs and FPoE 'cos I got tired of facing full elite Gondor and Rohan stacks 8 times in a turn). Don't get me wrong, the game as it is is a challenge but that's what it makes it fun in the first place. And second, the only way to improve in an area is to face better opponents, right? Cheers people, and if you are having trouble just look at some of the amazing guides in the forum, read some and do some experimenting... you'll get the hang of it.

Piboleon's Avatar Foederatus

Hi all! Why Silvan Elves' units haven't "combat bonus in woods" anymore? I remember they had it in 2.0... I think it was more correct.

What do you think about changing "Dol Guldur" name in "Amon Lanc" if you conquer it with Elves (As Minas Morgul that becomes Minas Ithil etc.)?

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Piboleon View Post
    Hi all! Why Silvan Elves' units haven't "combat bonus in woods" anymore? I remember they had it in 2.0... I think it was more correct.

What do you think about changing "Dol Guldur" name in "Amon Lanc" if you conquer it with Elves (As Minas Morgul that becomes Minas Ithil etc.)?
    These are reasonable suggestions and concerns, me thinks