Page 73 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23486364656667686970717273747576777879808182 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1633

Thread: Suggestions

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Suggestions

Hmm how didn't I think of that... I could just stop playing... Thanks emperor, that was genious. I thought this was the suggestions thread, I didn't notice this is the stupid answers thread. You can also go back to first grade if you cannot understand what "in my opinion this is the best mod ever made" means.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

chris, please refrain from personal attacks.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Quote Originally Posted by chriskourou View Post
    Hmm how didn't I think of that... I could just stop playing... Thanks emperor, that was genious. I thought this was the suggestions thread, I didn't notice this is the stupid answers thread. You can also go back to first grade if you cannot understand what "in my opinion this is the best mod ever made" means.
    Your comment isn't a suggestion. You tell the mod team that they have to remake the mod because you think the mod is outdated. If you think the mod is outdated, then don't play it. It's not their problem. It's your problem.

If you think it's outdated and the team has to spend another 5 years on remaking it then you obviously don't think it's the best mod ever.

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    chris, please refrain from personal attacks.
    I do my friend. Do you think that it was ME the one who was offensive?

I dont think you understand what he is trying to say. The TATW team is not allowed to commercialize their modification as it is a mod based on the Medieval II total war game, which Creative Assembly has reserved all rights to.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

I do my friend. Do you think that it was ME the one who was offensive?
    You are certainly free to express why you think TATW should be updated, but saying EoH should go back to the first grade is not appropriate and will not be tolerated here.

Now, this isn't the place for such discussion. If you have any other questions/comments feel free to PM me or any other local mods here.

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    selling a mod based on a game by Creative Assembly and that is illegal.
    I love the mod on MTW2 but as a suggestion if you need money could you fund raise with kickstarter? Im sure it would attract new team members and cash for whatever reason if you need cash for tatw?

King Kong would need to build his own engine if he wants to receive money for anything related to the game.

You are not allowed to receive any money in any form if you use an engine made by the Creative Assembly.
    In it for the rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    Your comment isn't a suggestion. You tell the mod team that they have to remake the mod because you think the mod is outdated. If you think the mod is outdated, then don't play it. It's not their problem. It's your problem.

If you think it's outdated and the team has to spend another 5 years on remaking it then you obviously don't think it's the best mod ever.
    Good words there

Gondolin's Avatar Tiro

He SUGGESTED that the mod should be remake.
    This is a suggestion IMO.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

No he said the mod HAS TO be updated. That's not suggesting. That's commanding.

Let's go on topic now. If you want to discuss this further pm me or another moderator.

I love the mod on MTW2 but as a suggestion if you need money could you fund raise with kickstarter? Im sure it would attract new team members and cash for whatever reason if you need cash for tatw?
    It would be allowed to get donations I think but I don't think the team needs money. There are few who can make custom settlements and that's the biggest improvement TATW could get right now.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    on topic: I was thinking about the fact that Gondor has variuos units bodyguards, that is great, really. I'd like to see the same thing used more for other factions too (according to lore as much as possible of course), will give much more dept to the game and make the use of the generals units more variable and interesting. Furthermore, would it be possible to have generals with variuos bodygards units to "come of age/be adopted" or is it possible only with the starting generals? Not sure about this point
    comments?

Flinn
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Still, I'd like to understand if it is possible to have generals become of age / be adopted that will have a unit body guard which is not the standard for their faction. Would be great to have this special bodyguards going through the years with the heirs of the original general/family member.

Flinn
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Laetus

Hi ! I play this game(TW) from its bеginning (the first Shogun) and I'm Tolkien's fan even longer. Will not waste your time whit writings about my fillings for this wonderful mod of yours . I made some suggestions before - thanks for axe wielding silvan elves, but to the point: Wargs - the game miss them greatly. By the lore they are intelligent (far more then trolls - my thought ), have their own language, leaders and all, so it will not be weird if they have their own stacks. The point here is to offer orks some kind of cavalry, cheaper then warg riders and good enough for capturing (my kill the victims in the process) running enemy or harass their archers (especially from elven kind, fast running long ears). Gundabad: now, after The Hobbit, its clear how important and nasty place it is. More humans for them pls, or make the current ones available in the settlements. Some pale ork giants maybe, i mean giants among orks. And (I steal this idea from LOTRO) bad dwarfs (Dourhand clan they call them there). According the lore some dwarfs from The first age (if I remember correct) cooperate whit orks or it was Melkor or something like that. Don't miss the chance to make Gundabad best bad faction ever - a union of Darkness

Laetus

The lore of Middle earth is certain of something else I didn't saw so far - fighting women among the eastern peoples. They training and if necessary go to battle side by side their man. Brides of the dragon sounds good to me. Very rare units whit ability to inspire nearby troops. Horse archers will be best, fast moving you name it. How about that: Only most beautiful among maiden warriors are granted by Loke khan himself, tiara made of steel whit single gemstone to highlight their beauty and offer some protection and whit it the tittle of Bride of the Dragon. And: ..few of them, lucky enough to survive age of 30, must resign from Brides. They are highly priced by Rhun generals as second wives - Retinue: Bride of the dragon + popularity + security ++ chance of having children . Thing about it. Thank you for your time and your amazing work, here and in SS. Btw, can someone tell me pls, how i can move high elves into SS or give a link where i can learn some modding tricks (enough to move my elves into Medieval times and wipe the humanity ). Hail and kill!

I dont Know if its possible or if it has been mentioned earlier but it could be great if the gate of Minas Tirith would be much more stronger against battlerams and catapults, and to compensate it give the chance for mordor to built Grong as a incredible powerfull battle ram, carried by trolls. The requisites to built Grond would be a 200 siege points and only by an army with a general.
    Dreaming is free

Some small suggestions about ships:

1st
    It is not truely needed, but I think it would be cool if you (modders) would change your mind over the ships of the bad factions.
    I know, you had your reasons to absolutely deny ships to the Orc-factions.

This may be right in a contextual way, and if you look at OoG and OotMM there is very seldom a need of ships...
    But if you look at Isengard and Mordor, the things are a bit different.

[Example]
    You are Isengard and driving back Gondor. Now Gondor owns Tolfalas (I know most often it is Harrad -> 2nd).
    Isengard can'T build ships => you can't take Goben Tolfalas. that's a bit annoying.]

My arguments for ships:
    - Isengard and Mordor both have men in their service (if orcs really aren't abled to build ships). I know, Isengards are a mountain- not a sea-folk, but men can learn, at least under Sarumans/Saurons advice.
    - and for the orc-factions. they have men as well (Hillmen/Rhudaur)
    - I don't want to have them building a mighty fleet, so maybe invent a shiptype for them that is absolutely crappy (very low attack and defense). They don't need a big ship-roster. Dúnedain, HighElves and Harrad stay the naval powers, but they should be abled to build some small transport-vessels.
    - perhaps even reduce the movement-points for those transport-ships to depict their bad ship-builder-abilities.
    - and make them very rare (all 20turns or sth. like that) and expensive to build
    - and in the same breath: degrade Rhûn and Silvan Elves to medium seafaring folks. (if I'm right, both can build the same ships as their respectively north-western and southern counterparts) They should be abled to build only small or mid-tier ships, too.
    - and make Dale, Rohan and Eriador only small (but not so slow and crappy as the orcs) boats available (this changes for Eriador with the conversion to Arnor)

2nd
    In 3.2 Harrad allways invades Goben Tolfalas.
    Gondor doesn't even try an attempt. Perhaps it is possible that you try to make Gondor better acting via Navy. Like you did with Harrad. they act pretty well around Tolfalas.

3rd
    you made the rivers shipable, but you made it impossible to build ships in the harbours. I know, this is for Rhûn and Dale not spamming the inland waters with fleets.
    But you could achieve that by making ships for them very rare (all 20turns or sth. like that, the same as with the orcs).
    I would really like to use the rivers as waterways. (Anduin and Sea of Rhûn).
    and btw we could then accomplish the "blockade-port"-missions in this area.

just some thoughts of mine... maybe you can overthink that. thx
    Last edited by mondpeiler; January 31, 2013 at 06:22 AM.

Laetus

U can blockade port by sending troops over fishing village.

Quote Originally Posted by mondpeiler View Post
    Some small suggestions about ships:
    I've only played once so far, and it is MOS mod, but just before I vassaled Isengard, I sank a ship with nearly a fullstack of Isengard troops trying to sneak its way into my lightly defended rear (Lindon). I was rather surprised, since I did not see that they had any costal settlements, and when I first saw the ship, I thought it was a Haradrim fleet I had been hunting down. Then I clicked on it and it was filled with Isengard Orcs. Maybe the AI was recruiting Merc ships?