Page 70 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2045606162636465666768697071727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1633

Thread: Suggestions

Default Re: Suggestions

Could we also have growth bonus speed up abit as well towns and castles take forever to grow and also culture conversion bonus to grow as well

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

I foreward this list on behalf of Seinine who have issues posting atm hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Seinine
    I send you this post because i cannot post on the suggestion topic (i don't know why?)

Many suggestions (sorry for my bad english, i'm not english so i'll try):

New units first

-Dwarves: "Echoes smith", units made with heavy smith, they use a two handed hammer with a shield (like the halbbruder on teutonic extension), they have an excellent attack against armor but due to the weight of the Hammer, they've got light armor (maybe smith apron) but more of that: with they two handed hammer, they can hit multiples ennemies with one strike (like trolls, but lower hit). The name of this unit is due to the dwarves songs which usually speak about the echoes of the smith under mountain and because it's a nice name .
    -Rhûn: (i've already made this proposition before but i put again) "war chariots or wagons".
    -Orcs of Gundabad: "Angmar retrainers": Heavy black armored orcs wich are veterans from North war
    "Black Dunedain": Corrupt dunedain archers with black cloth and masked.
    "pack of wargs": unlike warg riders, this wargs are to ferocious to be mounted, they can attack without orders and can run amoke.
    And one mercenary units very very expensive to hire (and can be founds as rebels with an event in north dwarven territory): Drakes: little dragons without wings, use the Greek Firethrowers of the byzantines crusades campaign script for make the fire and if possible, can run amoke (but cannot kill them when it happen XD).
    -Mordor: "undead guards": Special unit, only trainable on Dol Guldur, they have a bad hit skill, but it's difficult to kill them.
    a new unic general: the troll chief, with the skill of the troll who Aragon fight on the movie at black gate and a little troll bodyguards.

Amelioration:
    -Dwarves: all units have an extrem resistance against any fire attacks (in the Silmarillon, Dwarven defeat dragons because they resist to fire) and a very better moral and endurance seems it's a very difficult nation to play and easy to fight (need only a cavalry charge on the general in the battle start to make the entire army runaway, dwarven are not such cowards, in the books, when the dwarven leaders die on battle, the entire army became furious and increase they rage) and they've to be the speedest infantry of game: only cavalry can retreat from them (because an army of snaga skirmish can easly destroy a well skilled dwarve army and i disagree with the "dale mercenary" theorie: Dwarven don't like to use others to make their own buisness, and they've an assistance alliance with Dale, not exange of soldiers or mercenary employement, we'll don't see dale cavalery in Eriador!
    The "Dragon's slayer of Ered Mithrin" have now a special attack against any powerful bads creatures (trolls, wargs, mumakil, Wargs riders, dragons...) because they are skilled in fighting monsters, the Moria infantry have a special attack against the Balrog.
    Dwarvens warriors use one handed hammer too (with one handed axes of courses)
    -Rhunic generals have war chariots bodyguards. Create an reccurent event "Two Blue Wizards complote", make create rebels rhunic units on territory.
    -Mordor: make that all Nazgul have their own skill since they've their own name (for exemple Akhorahil will look like something like this now: http://www.collecttolkien.com/images/Figures/Figure%20Mithril%20Lr14%20LOTR%20Akhorahil.jpg )
    Make a little whole on campaign map, in the valley of Morgul, with something like forest, and create a special rebel unit "Shelob" who are hidden in there .
    -orcs of the misty mountains and orcs of gundabad: They've very weakly initial forces (their forces were destroyed during the dwarve-orcs war and the five army's battle, it's have to be a very difficult initial campaign for both), the Balrog have to be a rebel unit if he awake and he keep on the Moria territory.
    -Harad: Mumak can run amoke more easly when they support a massive archer attack.
    -Eriador: rebels units "Galgals spectre" in some regions who attacks like spiders but are fewer and hit like "undead guards" (very bad skill to hit but very difficult to kill).
    -Gondor: Minas Tirith IA garrison have to be very well armoured.
    -All bad faction: Can recruits Loke rim spearmen as mercenary during invasion if the army is in rhunic territory and Harad troll-men in Harad territory.
    Economy very weak for all orcish nations (not humans) before Sauron coming (most for Mordor than any nation else), when Sauron come back, increase economy (Mordor have to pass from a "poor economy" to a "richest nation

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

I think that having new, more equipped and a bit more muscular generals would be awesome. Especially in evil factions

Increased movement points in home region. Decrease in ennemies, especially regions like Mordor, Mirkwood, Misty Mountain. This could be reversed if we have spy/scout in the army or we hire a local lets say. Might have that as ancillary or Orcs and dwarf might be 'immune' to traversing these regions, but slower in lets say forrest regions. Elves could have bonus in forrest regions. Also Godorian or other non plain nation or non desert nation would have issues to traverse such places.
    Fighting with the Wisdom, the Bosnian Kingdom

Fixer's Avatar Foederatus

Orcs of Gundabad needs more units. It still has too much same units as OoM.

Arnor needs more units to and gundabad needs to be made in to a custom settlements or at least use the old erebor model for it. Arnor culture needs to be changed to gondor not northern men.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenrichard View Post
    Arnor culture needs to be changed to gondor not northern men.
    Arnor do change to Numenorean when it's reforged

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Arnor do change to Numenorean when it's reforged
    Maybe he's talking about the portraits.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

More Love for the orcs in general they are cool and well made but they need more ragtag armor and more diversity also more custom models every single submod out there just add units or changes the "good" guys i cant find any addon for the orcs

With the release of the Hobbit movie, more information is available on the OoG and the OotMM (haven't seen it yet though). With this new information, hopefully both of the nothern Orc factions get at least 3-5 new units.

Also giving the nothern Orcs and Isengard an option to somehow obtain warg-rider generals would be awesome.
    In it for the rep.

As long as they not are white like Naked Mole Rats (why PJ, whyyy? ^^)

IM NEW love this mod!

I think with The Hobbit movie out, better/new pictures for generals can be found, such as a few Dwarves, Thranduil (dont know the spelling sorry) and Orcs.
    Also this may be a stupid question but i dont know how to find out the culture levels for my cities, i see them for AI settlements but not in mine. Thanks

MrCrapsley's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by AussieTekkaz View Post
    i dont know how to find out the culture levels for my cities, i see them for AI settlements but not in mine.
    You can find it in the settlement details scroll, which is accessed via one of the little buttons when you open up the menu for a settlement

Gondolin's Avatar Tiro

At the end of the battles, we have access to the stats, the casualities substain and the amount of soldiers healed
    Is there a way to give preferential treatment to the elves who can endure more injuries and survives, plus they suppose to have the medecine in middle Earth (Elrond is said to be the best healer).
    And allow less casualities healed as far as orcs faction are concern.

FC Groningen's Avatar Senator

I would be against it. The elven factions have easy campaigns already and the orc factions have difficult ones already too. This would just screw up the balance further.

I was watching the movie Two towers a couple of days ago and was wondering about the elven archers at Helm's deep. Now I know they were not at the battle in the book, but it got me thinking if the archers are in the game ? If not, is there any possibility of adding those archers to the game in the future ? These archers had a cloak with a hood and an armor beneath it.

Hopefully the picture shows properly.

Gondolin's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by FC Groningen View Post
    I would be against it. The elven factions have easy campaigns already and the orc factions have difficult ones already too. This would just screw up the balance further.
    I'm agree with you on the balance issue but still, this would only be a matter of few healed (and only if they win). That would make up for the bad accuracy that elves archers have and which is not lore accurate (if we have respect the accuracy they would have been more casualities in the enemy side)
    I suggest increasing the cost of all units in order to reduce big elves army.

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It`s funny that there are so many so called `lore fans' that scream about Gondor having plate armour yet no word about the fact that Gondor had in reality two armies after the kin-strife. Isn`t that a bigger lore mistake?

The realities of the time sunk in and the crown realised that they couldn`t raise the money to sustain an army,the army it`s used now to represent Gondor in game,so they exchanged land for military service.In practice Gondor become a feudal kingdom with the local lords being able issue a call to army to all who own land given by the crown,assemble the feudal or territorial army of Gondor.

The pre kin-strife army didn`t disappear, it was downsized and when the territorial armies where outmatched or the enemy was great it was called.

In my opinion it would be great to have those two armies represented in game.This way the Royal Army can be represented like a true elite army not slightly average as it is now.

Also the territorial army should have decent troops,(the stats of Rohan`s infantry seem about right) they could be well rounded with no weakness but leak any true heavy units with the exception of the knights I guess.

I`ll keep my fingers crossed.

MrCrapsley's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBlast View Post
    It`s funny that there are so many so called `lore fans' that scream about Gondor having plate armour yet no word about the fact that Gondor had in reality two armies after the kin-strife. Isn`t that a bigger lore mistake?

The realities of the time sunk in and the crown realised that they couldn`t raise the money to sustain an army,the army it`s used now to represent Gondor in game,so they exchanged land for military service.In practice Gondor become a feudal kingdom with the local lords being able issue a call to army to all who own land given by the crown,assemble the feudal or territorial army of Gondor.

The pre kin-strife army didn`t disappear, it was downsized and when the territorial armies where outmatched or the enemy was great it was called.

In my opinion it would be great to have those two armies represented in game.This way the Royal Army can be represented like a true elite army not slightly average as it is now.

Also the territorial army should have decent troops,(the stats of Rohan`s infantry seem about right) they could be well rounded with no weakness but leak any true heavy units with the exception of the knights I guess.

I`ll keep my fingers crossed.
    Fair points all.