Page 66 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1641565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1633

Thread: Suggestions

Default Re: Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Arǭmēz View Post
    One moment... make even slower and more expensive recruitment for Gondor and sent against them more evil factions?
    and that because there won't be any rebels and the people happier? Sorry I fail to see the balance in that... AI gondor most times crumbles under Mordor and Harad, unless I play with Rohan, Dale, Silvan Elves or Lorien, and I attack Mordor or with the High Elves where I tend to attack Harad...
    Playing with Gondor I defend against an attack, and before I can recruit 10 units another army has attacked... and it takes 15 turns and two settlements to recruit a full stack of the best units...

lack of corruption? I will only say King's Men and fear of death...
    Fewer bandits and rebels? Enedhwaith, Dunlendings, Men of the Mountain, Druedain, Hillmen
    It was merely a suggestion. I have to admit I am still quite inexperienced with TATW but I keep getting ideas every now and then so why not share them with devs of mods and games? However I feel this idea of mine may not have been one of my very best. I said it though because these days I feel like I want the game to reflect the lore more than it currently does.

Speaking of lore...how about giving Rhun player just one or two cities and playing as Rhun, you would have vast amounts of rebel cities or extremely weak factions to conquer. This would reflect Rhun players need to unite all the clans and tribes of Rhun before an attack against the west can be launched. According to lore, Rhun often was not a single, united political entity so I think you could expect this scenario if Tolkien Legendarium was not fiction and you were one of the leaders of Rhun. To replace the delay this would cause, Rhun player could get few tens of turns extra time to complete all campaign objectives.

There is a submod with content you wrote about (Unite The Clans). And I believe there is some chance it will make into official 3.3/4.0.

there are some regions on the current map that seem somehow empty (and for the AI-expansion even hindering) to me. so I thought about some additional settlements gameplay-wise:

1st
    somewhere between Imladris, Hoarwell and Coldfells there could be a town. it is the eastern part of former Rhudaur, so maybe there have been some towns.
    my purpose to have sth. added here: the region arround Imladris is not very hard-fought. surely sometimes an orc-army marches through, but (at least in my experience) not very often.
    and: the High-Elves would have a rebel region near their borders to expand and the Orcs of Gundabad as well - that would (hopefully) lead to more conflicts in this region.

BORDERS:
    N-E: Misty Mountains
    S-E: Bruinen
    W: Mitheithel

2nd
    somewhere between Beorn's Halls and Goblin Town would also be a place for me to add a city.
    this would spice up the conflict between the Silvan Elves and the Orcs of the Misty Mountains.
    and by the way, I like to have natural borders for my kingdoms in expansion and it feels somehow fals to have both sides of the Anduin ruled from Beorn's halls. there should be a counterpart on the western riverbank (just my opinion).

BORDERS:
    N, S, W: current borders of the western part of Beorn's Halls
    E: Anduin

3rd
    maybe somwhere in the region north of Forlond and west of Thorin's Halls.
    why here? for sure it could stay uninhabited... but I think, it should be implemented. it may sound silly, but in my opinion the High-Elves (or the dwarves if they are faster) should have a rebel-settlement here to expand to. at least in the High-Elvens case to strengthen their economy. personally I feel, that they are expanding to slowly because they lack a real power base. maybe I'm wrong here, but I'm convinced that it would in deed change their behaviour on the campaign map.

BORDERS:
    the northern part of Forlindon - perhaps spreading even more far to the north: most of the territory west of the Ered Luin

Quote Originally Posted by ppetrus View Post
    There is a submod with content you wrote about (Unite The Clans). And I believe there is some chance it will make into official 3.3/4.0.
    I may be wrong but I also have the feeling we have some hope that the ability to convert Orcs of Gundabad into Angmar will also be in one of the further patches. I had a look at the factions list of one of the txt files of 3.2. Angmar was significantly mentioned somewhere over there but it is still a totally deactivated faction as of 3.2 patch. Well, I would really expect an attempt to resurrect Angmar if it became apparent to Sauron that Eriador is being settled again by good factions (such as FPoE, Arnor etc) and that the issues of Middle Earth will not be settled by Frodos journey but via all out war and military action between good and evil factions.

Lets get back to Rhun. The uniting of the clans scenario could probably be based on this mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=560824 though it could be enhanced like this: another tribe would be named Wainriders. Once all the other tribes are eliminated, you would get a message saying that you informants and servants are reporting dubious activity occurring in [insert the name of some Rhun city here] and would suggest you send two spies to that city to carefully investigate what is really taking place there. Once you send two spies, the other would be killed, the other would succeed to flee to report his findings to you. The result would be that a faction named Rhun Challengers would emerge. It would be a good faction with perhaps Northmen as a culture and Alatar and Pallando as faction leader and heir. They would be similar than Gandalf but would be dressed in all blue. They and their faction would probably provide the most difficult challenge in uniting Rhun. Once their faction is destroyed *AND* Alatar and Pallando killed (just making them rebel leaders would not be enough), a popup message saying something like this would signal that uniting Rhun has been successfully been brought to end:

"In addition to insubordinate chieftains, it seems there were also very dangerous spies from the west further boosting the already grave disunity issue of the eastern tribes but with Alatar and Pallando dead, and with Melkor worship as the state religion, the remainders of their espionage network should dissolve into nothingness. With all the issues here in the East dealt with, your power and prestige have grown to the point where no one can hope to seriously challenge your claim to becoming the chieftain of all chieftains of the Eastern lands. With peace of mind that no fellow easterling will try to strike a dagger in your back any longer, you can now concentrate on annexing the lonely, standalone city states and village communities pitifully clinging to their hopeless independence and subjugating the sanctimonious pillocks far away on the other side of River Carnen and Lake Rhun who are still refusing to submit to Dark Lords authority."

The completion of uniting Rhun could bring these rewards:

- A gift of several thousand florins accompanied by a hearty "thank you" from Dark Lord.
    - More favorable view by Dark Lord.
    - Whenever you annex a tribe, their unit rosters and building rosters are added to your faction. Example: annexing wainriders would bring some fancy chariots to your army. Destroying Alatars and Pallandos faction should bring you expertise to make very heavy armors affecting your blacksmith and bringing you ability to recruit very heavy Loke infantry and Loke cavalry. Etc
    - When an insubordinate chieftain or any of his generals is captured alive, you could give them a choice of either getting executed or to swear blood oath of loyalty to you which would make them one of your generals.

If this is implemented, I think it should bring at least 50 or maybe even 100 turns more to compensate the fact the player would certainly need to invest some time in uniting Rhun compared to earlier patches. I think many other factions, too, even currently have some issues that would possibly merit granting them a few more turns so I will not blame the devs if they adjust the end date to VERY LITTLE later than the year 3080 in descr_strat.txt. Some examples of those "issues" I am talking about: With Eriador, you will not be able to experience full features of Arnor until very late making it less enjoyable. Also if you dont take excellent care of your economy, you will likely have to disband your army due to bankruptcy further delaying you. With Harad, I think many players, especially newbies, have problems subjugating Gondor and its ridiculously overpowered script armies until they get either better tech level, mumakils or an all generals army. This may prove fateful to those Harad players who chose long campaign.

So I think few tens of more turns is merited...also for Rhun if uniting Rhun feature will be implemented.

Here is my two pennies worth.

1. The audio for Isengard Boats needs to be changed from German speaking.
    2. Could a village be put between North Tharbad and Saddle its a bit of trek in such an important junction on the map and would potentially become a battle ground for at least 4 factions.
    3. Could the official mod team set up an emailing list so any additional/official updates or patches be notified direct to TATW owners (not sure how many owners of the mod there are)? At least then we know we are looking at the correct page/thread when we come on the forum to get the links.
    4. I felt the 25 moves to get the ring to the black gate was a challenge to say the least (25 moves - Playing as Isengard i took it from Edoras and got it there on the last turn after several failed attempts). My only observation of this was i had to get a ceasefire with Rohan so i could peacefully cross the lands into Mordor. If i was attacked by another faction during that crossing i would never get the ring to the Black Gate in time). Maybe 30 turns? Or has it been proven that 25 is the limit no matter where you pick the ring up from on the map?

Hum I have a new unit for the Rhûnic faction to suggest... Maybe have war chariots, and war chariots archers because it's mentionned that the easterlings invade gondor with war chariots...But maybe it's to complicated to do... I just suggest .

Quote Originally Posted by asplenc View Post
    Here is my two pennies worth.

1. The audio for Isengard Boats needs to be changed from German speaking.
    2. Could a village be put between North Tharbad and Saddle its a bit of trek in such an important junction on the map and would potentially become a battle ground for at least 4 factions.
    3. Could the official mod team set up an emailing list so any additional/official updates or patches be notified direct to TATW owners (not sure how many owners of the mod there are)? At least then we know we are looking at the correct page/thread when we come on the forum to get the links.
    4. I felt the 25 moves to get the ring to the black gate was a challenge to say the least (25 moves - Playing as Isengard i took it from Edoras and got it there on the last turn after several failed attempts). My only observation of this was i had to get a ceasefire with Rohan so i could peacefully cross the lands into Mordor. If i was attacked by another faction during that crossing i would never get the ring to the Black Gate in time). Maybe 30 turns? Or has it been proven that 25 is the limit no matter where you pick the ring up from on the map?
    1. Can Isengard really have water vessels? I thought the only evil factions with the skill to build them are evil men (Harad and Rhun)

2. Agreed

3. Agreed

4. Very strongly agreed. Currently, if you play as Isengard (or some other evil faction far away from Black Gate) and still havent conquered Rohan, you better pray you will not find The One Ring or else, you will soon be a target for invasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Seinine View Post
    Hum I have a new unit for the Rhûnic faction to suggest... Maybe have war chariots, and war chariots archers because it's mentionned that the easterlings invade gondor with war chariots...But maybe it's to complicated to do... I just suggest .
    Yes. I agree with you that there should be war chariots and war chariot archers for Rhun...though if the Rhun unification feature is implemented, then I think they should become available for the Rhun player only after you have annexed the tribe or non-playable faction called Wainriders.
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; November 12, 2012 at 11:59 PM. Reason: d-post

Quote Originally Posted by Cybernaut View Post
    1. Can Isengard really have water vessels? I thought the only evil factions with the skill to build them are evil men (Harad and Rhun)

2. Agreed

3. Agreed

4. Very strongly agreed. Currently, if you play as Isengard (or some other evil faction far away from Black Gate) and still havent conquered Rohan, you better pray you will not find The One Ring or else, you will soon be a target for invasions.

Hi there, Yes Isengard can have water vessels, you need them to block certain ports. You will find some of the generals, once you get them next to the sea or river can recruit Mercenary Boats!!!!!! simply right click on the general and buy a ship as if you were buying mercenary units. not all do this though.....

What do you think about a universal, good (but not that good) all round ambush cavalry unit with expert hiding in woods and hiding in grass atributes? Description does not sound very promising but imagine a unit covered in fishnet with branches, leaves and grass attached to it (from hooves to top of the raider's head). I would see such a unit added to Silvans or Dale. Not very lorish but not that far from it as well, I think.

And a suggestion for moderators:
    The thread is, has been and always will be a ground not only for suggestions but also for limited discussion. How about editing the valid suggestion posts (no matter how stupid, just suggestions) to make them easily visible and accesible to KK and the Team? The thread is full of opinions, agreements, disagreements, RR/RC promotions and other unimportant things. Different colours or some kind of a tag comes to my mind.

It is about an eternity old joke that same places, people and things have different names that depend on WHO has named them. Everyone always wished to glorify their own side and demonize the enemy side. Example: Orcs were speaking about "foul beards" when they referred to Durins Folk drarves. However I admit the serious problem in my next suggestion is the lack of lore scource as Tolkien told everything just from Free Peoples perspective and therefore this suggestion may not be implementable:

How would it be if when you play as an evil faction, you would soon notice that they have totally different dictionaries than Saurons enemies? For example: If you play as any evil faction, corsair ship would be named Kings Men Battleship. Black Numenoreans would be renamed Loyal Numenoreans or Faithful Numenoreans. Corsairs of Umbar could be renamed Harad Navy or Loyal Numenoreans Heroic Navy...or something. Gondorians and Arnorians would be called Vile Numenoreans. Fangorn would be renamed Industrial Resources. Barad Dur would be renamed Lugburz. The land east of Gondor would be renamed Lords Land. Dark Lord would be renamed "Principal Lord". Melkor would be renamed "Beloved and Honorable Lord". Whenever you see description of Lords Land, it would praise that land and that description would end by something like this:

"Those rebellious infidels who will not bow down to our Lord, call this land Mordor which is Dark Land or Black Land. This is no surprise because our enemies like to call evil what is good and everything that is really good they claim to be evil. We will be speaking totally different language when Middle Earth is conquered".

May sound funny but this really is what you could most likely expect if Tolkien Legendarium was reality and you paid a visit to any Sauronite realm such as Mordor or Harad. When did you hear Nazis condemn themselves by calling themselves evil? When did you hear Stalin call him very self evil?

Galain_Ironhide's Avatar Semisalis

Has there ever been any consideration as to a Gandalf the White Character perhaps rebirthing if Gandalf dies in the campaign?

Apologies if there already is a Gandalf the white

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Add realism...

with more dialogues depending on each action (especially during battles!)
    -you can add King's Theoden "Death" in the Battle of Minas Tirith before a massice charge of Rohan's armies etc

more videos (3d models made by users if possible)
    -maybe remove completely the scout videos as they are not Middle Earthed at all
    -have some inspiring videos any time two allies fight together against the armies of evil
    -3d modeled videos about some heroes such as Aragorn

more special objects
    -Grond Battering Ram

Special Powers!
    -Legolas does not have a special power like some other heroes.. it's s shame maybe a limited boost in the missile power of his bodyguards would be nice
    -Gandald should use his staff or glowing sword as a special power of terryfying the "weak" enemy units for a while maybe turning them from eager to shaken (?)

ADD REALISM

An idea that should be possible to realize through scripting. Make some building visible on campaign map (e.g. training and trade facilities) so that they could be disabled/crippled/sabotaged if an enemy army stands on it. Something like it is, iirc, implemented in EmpireTW but am not sure as my pc cannot handle Empire.

Then, orc raiding party spawning at your borders could be scripted to ravage your lands without taking out the cities. Thus, apart from delivering more challenge and fun, it would kind of serve the lore as in the Middle Earth all the good realms relied strongly on watchmen (Numenorian watchtowers, Rohirrim scouts, Dunedain parties guarding Eriador's borders, Lorien sentinels...).

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

An idea that should be possible to realize through scripting. Make some building visible on campaign map (e.g. training and trade facilities) so that they could be disabled/crippled/sabotaged if an enemy army stands on it. Something like it is, iirc, implemented in EmpireTW but am not sure as my pc cannot handle Empire.
    ETW uses a completely different engine allowing other stuff than M2TW. I don't know wether this is possible, you'd need a "resource" for every of these buildings and if an enemy army is on the position of that resource a script should damage the building. It seems all very complicated and a lot of work.

I think that Gandalf should not be a general character, but more something like Sauron, the "pope" of the good faction, and also like Sauron, if you do something, you can have it on battlefield...

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Welcome to the forum Seine

Engine limitations restrict it to be only one papal faction.
    Further in difference to Sauron, Saruman or Denethor Gandalf always put himself on the front line, participated in actions and took risks acting scout or field general, making it in opposition to lore to have him in a pope-role.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    ETW uses a completely different engine allowing other stuff than M2TW. I don't know wether this is possible, you'd need a "resource" for every of these buildings and if an enemy army is on the position of that resource a script should damage the building. It seems all very complicated and a lot of work.
    I am definetely not a scripter, though I believe it would be easier than autonomy to make it happen. However, my idea could be applied to "village" resource only (of course there has to be more village resources all over the map). If an enemy stands on the tile of the resource, an event about enemy hordes ravaging the lands appear and has partially random and partially set consequences. Loss of money and of population is easy thing. Sabotaging building, adding riot effect to the settlement or crippling recruitment rate are way harder but maybe this can be achieved as well?

It will only need to write down all the village resources from the map and add the same script for any one of them. May need heavy ctrl+c/ctrl+v work but is definetely doable.

Script could look something like this:
    If *enemy army* is on X,Y then
    75% money -(from 500 to 5000)
    50% population -(from 100 to 500)
    25% *a random building* sabotaged
    10% *a random building* detroyed
    10% riot in *the province town/castle*

If this would be applied, no one would sit with his army in a castle, allowing enemy to walk on his territory.

EDIT:
    As for enemy raiding parties: why not to why not to make some kind of a hidden "internal stability" factor that would be dependent of how many and how fast a player conquers new lands? If you Zergrush from the very beginning, taking town by town with 1-2 turn interval, more and more rebel (or neighbouring enemy's) armies would appear in your kingdom, especially in newly taken provinces. This way one could actually see tier 3 and 4 units in the game as there will be no dilemma: crush your enemies in 50 turns or wait doing nothing or little and allow your enemies to rise and be a threat.
    Last edited by ppetrus; November 16, 2012 at 04:14 PM.

I heard about some quarrels with artists whose pictures had been take as a prototype for an ingame-unit (I think the pelargir marines)...
    but none-the-less I just want to add sth. perhaps as an image for a coming Harad Armour-upgrade:
    from Anke Eissmann:
    http://anke.edoras-art.de/d_anke_tolkien_lotr5.html (the fourth picture from downstairs: "the black serpent founders")

I really like the concept, so maybe it could be implemented (if Anke would grant permission to use it).
    I think it would depict Harad as an empire which it was - and not the tribal-looking units which the film depicts.
    Last edited by mondpeiler; November 18, 2012 at 05:38 AM.

EDIT:
    As for enemy raiding parties: why not to why not to make some kind of a hidden "internal stability" factor that would be dependent of how many and how fast a player conquers new lands? If you Zergrush from the very beginning, taking town by town with 1-2 turn interval, more and more rebel (or neighbouring enemy's) armies would appear in your kingdom, especially in newly taken provinces. This way one could actually see tier 3 and 4 units in the game as there will be no dilemma: crush your enemies in 50 turns or wait doing nothing or little and allow your enemies to rise and be a threat.
    I think that's already covered with the culture(vanilla religion) mechanic.
    What's life like if you don't take a chance now and then? ~ Matrim Cauthon

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

I am definetely not a scripter, though I believe it would be easier than autonomy to make it happen. However, my idea could be applied to "village" resource only (of course there has to be more village resources all over the map). If an enemy stands on the tile of the resource, an event about enemy hordes ravaging the lands appear and has partially random and partially set consequences. Loss of money and of population is easy thing. Sabotaging building, adding riot effect to the settlement or crippling recruitment rate are way harder but maybe this can be achieved as well?

It will only need to write down all the village resources from the map and add the same script for any one of them. May need heavy ctrl+c/ctrl+v work but is definetely doable.

Script could look something like this:
    If *enemy army* is on X,Y then
    75% money -(from 500 to 5000)
    50% population -(from 100 to 500)
    25% *a random building* sabotaged
    10% *a random building* detroyed
    10% riot in *the province town/castle*

If this would be applied, no one would sit with his army in a castle, allowing enemy to walk on his territory.
    I fear the AI does not know about this possibility and enemy raiding parties would only ingore the villages they meet. I'm not sure how it could be made that AI armies would be attracted by certain resources. If this could be done, what would pretend them constantly raiding their own lands?

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg