Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius798 View Post
    1. Make Rohan swords look like steel, they look like wood or plastic. That's what annoys me the most about Rohan.

2. After capturing an evil settlement like Isengard, would it be possible that it becomes "good" again after let say 10-20 turns controlling it or building a specific building that would take a couple turns so that it gets grass again, a blue sky, etc.
    I think it's possible to do so- after you upgrade the 'farm' buildings.
    They will replace the ground texture(at least in the strat map) IIRC.
    The battle map dark skys and black ground seems to be hard coded?

BTW Face-melting FLAMEZ!
    Aure entuluva!

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Since I already mention the both the Orc factions are pretty much the same, I think the next patch should add variety that the other does not, for example give one faction Two Headed Trolls-These trolls have two heads, as stated in the Hobbit.They are said to be more fesious then those with one head.It is unkown if they actully have two heads or it is a term for those working for Sauron, for he controlled them, meaning they have two heads. and give the other faction the Hobgoblins-Hobgoblins were stronger, larger, and more menacing than the other orcs. The Hobgoblins were only mentioned Gandalf in The Hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightsTemplar View Post
    Turin's mask is actually the Helm of Dor-lomin, the Dragonhelm and the Helm of Hador.
    Crafted by the Dwarves with Glaurung on it, it also came with a mask.
    Aside from scaring people it also double as dragonflame-proof shield.
    I knew its Helm of Dor-lomin(), but I read somewhere that men from bloodline of Hador got it from the Dwarven King(I think, need to reread Children of Hurin, Silmarllion including).

Then other my suggestions:

Dwarves should be stronger and have less units. I think a player should be able to restore ancient dwarven kingdoms like Kingdom of Khazad-Dum. Maybe making one more(I think there is one in game already) settlement in Gundabad with dwarven name because Dwarves had refuges in Gray Mountains so that a player can "get it back" and make one more step to restoration of dwarven kingdoms. So, to restore their kingdom there are steps to be made:

1. Longbeards must have the throne.
    2. OOTMM and OOG must be eliminated.(Revenge to goblins for all fallen Dwarves. )
    3. Regions of Mount Gundabad and Misty Mountains must be under player's rule, including dwarven regions of Ered Luin.
    4. Khazad-Dum must be under dwarven rule and it must be capitol.
    5. Building "The Halls of Durin the Deathless" must be built in Khazad-Dum.

After Kingdom is restored, in places of Mountains such as Goblin Town, player or AI maybe can build building "Halls of the Mountains" or "Walls of Old Glory" depending on settlement's type(Town or Castle).

So, what do you think?

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm working on a "Restore Khazad-Dum" submod. It's basicly your idea, you have to control Khazad-Dum, Dains Halls, Thorins Halls and Erebor. Later I might add a character called Durin VII as well
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Tiro

A thing that really appeals to me in 3.0 is the ability to build livestock farming in all grassland regions. This makes growing your cities possible. The same can be said about mines in mountain regions and ports on port/river towns. But I feel there can be more added for different regions. Are there any plans for unique buildings for specific regions? Let's take forest regions for example. Would you be willing to include some sort of "lumber camp" in the game? It obviously makes no sense for it to give growth bonuses, but I feel they can benefit from bonus income, that similar to mines. But make the input not as high, maybe +100 the first upgrade, then a second for +200? Some of these forest regions don't get the farm bonuses so they already lack the income. I feel this could balance it out a bit more.

i would also like to see black human warriors in the game

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Why amd where? Lorerape? Tolkien described the most southern parts of Harad to contain black people. Ofc it could be a nice feature, but it's so long way to the south. This is IIRC ofc
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

ARMOR-UPGRADE (concerning Dale)

I really like the new armor-upgrades for Gondor, so I hope the other factions will follow in further versions...

my big concern goes to dale for this, because they have a highly differentiated looking army.
    I've to say, I like the Dale-style in general, but at the end it's a bit dissattisfiing to have several different-looking units.

my proposal would be, that you have not to develope a new entire update-concept, but take the existing units as they are for armor-upgrade.

1 the
    Dale Swordsmen could for example start as they are now, and via upgrade, they could become like the Bardian Marksmen or the Barding Hird (of course just armed with a sword).
    the same with the Dale cavalry.
    2 Hearth Watchmen and Longbowmen could have an upgrade to Dale Swordsmen (of course still armed with their spear/longbow).
    3 the Rivermen, Yeomen and Woodsmen could have an upgrade that lets them look like the Dalesmen.
    the Dalesmen themselves wouldn't be upgradeble, the same with Dale Swordmasters and of course the Earls, Barding Hird, Bardian Marksmen and Athala-Rangers.
    5 the Rhovannion Gadraughts could look in their upgraded version like the Aihwothiuda Horseguards.

that would be awesome and (I think - but don't really know ) easy to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by mondpeiler View Post
    ARMOR-UPGRADE (concerning Dale)

A bunch of quite nice suggestions

I actually envisionned to mod something like that, from my very limited knowledge of that kind of things it didn't look that complicated to me as all the models needed already exist The same could be done for Arnor between the men at arms and pikemen. If i have spare time in the beginning of next year i may take the time to do it, however don't be disappointed of you see no news of me.^^
    I bet an experienced submodder could do that in a very short time, if he has the permission to do so, and i don't see much reason for the team not to include that interresting work in a future patch if someone makes it.

I'm not sure if this is a ridiculous question (I've not really followed TATW before the release of 3.0), but has it ever been considered to contact the FRoME team and implement that submod into vanilla TATW. The 4 extra factions and extra units sound like a good addition to the game imo. Not over the top and within lore afaict.
    Then it would be possible to chose from a few more interesting factions and use other good submods as Baron Samedi's Compilation or MOS.

Regards!

Default Forowaith (TATW 3.1 Team)

OK TATW 3.1 Team or anyone out there, what is up with that huge territory in the north called Forowaith? why is so empty? I thinks like one village and for some reason Sauron's capital is there? weird but ok. why not add some villages up there to conquer? or make a faction up there, maybe a neutral faction. Its a shame to have so much empty space for nothing. Some resources that come from a cold place like that could be animal skin for clothing, fish as in ice fishing, stuff like that. does any one agree?

Default Re: Forowaith (TATW 3.1 Team)

It's like the North in Stainless Steel... it's not necessary to conquer it!
    In Thrid Age there's no need of a faction or of more regions in Forowaith because it hasn't something to do with the War of the Rings!

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Tactician View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a ridiculous question (I've not really followed TATW before the release of 3.0), but has it ever been considered to contact the FRoME team and implement that submod into vanilla TATW. The 4 extra factions and extra units sound like a good addition to the game imo. Not over the top and within lore afaict.
    Then it would be possible to chose from a few more interesting factions and use other good submods as Baron Samedi's Compilation or MOS.

Regards!
    Submods stay submods, it has been proposed numerous times but they are submods and will stay that.

Quote Originally Posted by Isais1 View Post
    OK TATW 3.1 Team or anyone out there, what is up with that huge territory in the north called Forowaith? why is so empty? I thinks like one village and for some reason Sauron's capital is there? weird but ok. why not add some villages up there to conquer? or make a faction up there, maybe a neutral faction. Its a shame to have so much empty space for nothing. Some resources that come from a cold place like that could be animal skin for clothing, fish as in ice fishing, stuff like that. does any one agree?
    That huge territory is used for a couple of reasons, keeping the rebel faction alive, hiding Sauron's capital and there wasn't really a lot up there so wasting regions on it would be silly

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
    At first: great mod and thanks to the whole team for their professional work and their effort.
    Especially the last patch improved the whole mod a lot; the strat map and the battle map models of the cities are just amazing.

But there is one thing I believe, which doesn“t really fit and these are the "Guards of Osgiliath"

Please don“t misunderstand me, I like the models and how they look like, but I think they don“t fit to the other Gondor rooster because of their colours and their armoury. For me, they belong more to the elven army.

But I like the idea of a special or elite Osgiliath unit and so I draw an own concept how they could look like:

I call them "Osgiliath Domeguards" and they are based on the roman praetorian cohorts.
    Agree 100%. It's mostly a unit from the old high elves, it still has the Gil Galad symbol which makes the unit completely inappropriate IMO. I'll probably redo this unit so more concepts are welcome.
    And I would rework the hero model of the Dunland general in terms of hair colour and style. He should have black wild hairs with a gigantic beard. Exactly as on the unit card.

But these were the only things which disturbed me a bit.
    I have a Dunland hero planned for my sub mod, I even have a model for it so it's just a matter of time till I get to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius798 View Post
    1. Make Rohan swords look like steel, they look like wood or plastic. That's what annoys me the most about Rohan.
    I had a look at Rohan textures and the metal textures are yellowish and have no alpha (gives reflections to metallic objects). So you are right, it probably needs some adjustments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isais1 View Post
    The far north in the real world is largely uninhabited, it's the same in middle earth, some scattered tribes and scarce resources shouldn't be represented just for the sake of it.

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    Agree 100%. It's mostly a unit from the old high elves, it still has the Gil Galad symbol which makes the unit completely inappropriate IMO. I'll probably redo this unit so more concepts are welcome.
    It was the original Lindon Pike?
    Paint it black, replace device of Gil-galad with White Tree with leaves-
    PROFIT!

It looks okay with this, but I trust you can do it better LL.
    Aure entuluva!

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Original Mithlond Nobles. A mix of elven and arnorian pieces doesn't make an okay osgiliath unit IMO.

lukulusi's Avatar Laetus

how to use palantir?
    how to make with free people of eriador - kingdom of Arnor?
    I have some problems with eriador on 68 turn and I cant play minas tirith because its make error

Dimppa's Avatar Libertus

Hey i really like what u did to Eriador, but as always there is room to improve:
    1. Something like "Guards of Amon Sūl" would be lore accurate and cool (could look something between Fountain Guards and Annuminas special unit) and those would be available after u have Arnor and rebuilt Amon Sūl's tower.
    2. Eriador generals portraits should be more unique and look something like Ithillien rangers or/and battle-ready

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    It'd be really great if you re-do the unit, Louis. A agree completely that it doesn't fit, and will try to find some ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Dimppa View Post
    2. Eriador generals portraits should be more unique and look something like Ithillien rangers or/and battle-ready
    'tis not possible, Rohan, Dale and Eriador all share the same culture - northmen, hence the same portraits

Kettenhund's Avatar Libertus

I have thought about the relationship of the noble Dol Amroth folk and the elves. As they have some elvish blood in their vains, I personally would like to see both elvish factions be able to rarely recruit the knights of dol amroth units as mercanaries in Dol Amroth region if they reach it. As in my High Elves campaign I conquered Dol Amroth from Mordor this idea came to my mind, had also two campaign back in old versions of TA when the High Elves reached Dol Amroth.