Page 59 of 82 FirstFirst ... 934495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1633

Thread: Suggestions

Default Re: Suggestions

Feudal titles:

Feudal factions like Gondor, Rohan, Dale, Eriador should have feudal titles for every region or multiple regions, which should be distributed by script. E.g. if you conquer North-, South-, East- and West-Harondor with Gondor the advisor should pop up and give you the possiblity to award the title "Count of Harondor" like in the HRR mod 0.6. It would be wonderful if all regions or areas in middle earth would be represented by a title. This would add role play possibilities and immersion in the game.

Name changes:

Gondorian generals should have the possibility to get the name addition Hyarmendacil (South winner), when winning against Harad and Rómendacil (East winner) against Rhun.

Government buildings:

There should be government buildings like in EB, with a military government as first level and cultural different buildings as second one. E.g. all follower of Melkor could have enslavement, client kingdom and direkt rule or for the dunedain e.g. client kingdom, feudal rule and rule of stewards.
    If this would be cultural (religion) buildings they would be destroyed automatically when conquered.

Blood traits:

There should be traits which are bequeath from father to son. First there should be, for all humans traits like Dunedain, Gondorian, Northmen, Haradrim, Easterling, ... , and special trait like "House of Bard", "House of the Denethor", "House of Eorl", ... which give autority so it is more likely that blood relatives of important characters become faction heir/leader.

Heretics as "Spies of Sauron" or "Evil people"

If Heretics could spread the "Follower of Melkor" culture they could be reincluded ingame. The interpretation would be that they are spies of Sauron or other dark people travelling in the enemy region, like the dark people in Bree observing the Frodo.

Clan system for Harad and Rhun:

Since Harad and Rhun are conferderations of different clans maby they could be represented by traits. Furthermore the allocation of power within the conferderation could be represented by script (see here for an example in EB2: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=553431 (2nd post)). If the faction leader of Rhun would have e.g. the trait "Clan of Balchoth" the player would get the message "The Clan of Balchoth gains power within the Confederation of Rhun".
    The power of clans could be influenced by strong characters, victories of clan members, the clan of the faction leader/heir,...
    As names you could use some fan fiction names like Urgath, Logath, ... (see this map: http://www.lindefirion.net/maps/Peop...iddleEarth.jpg ) and the lore names Balchoth, Variags.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Like in EB here (just instead of Aedui Balchoth clan or Variags )

Last edited by Isildor; August 25, 2012 at 06:46 AM.

I would definitely approve of a more confederate style Rhun. Right now it's the most centralized empire in the game, while it should be the opposite.
    In it for the rep.

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

Very small and maybe too much work or impossible but it would be neat if there were heroic battle markers for famous battles. Like putting one in Gladden Fields and the one where Sauron was defeated in. (I feel ashamed I can't remember the name). Like I said very small and cosmetic but still cool.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

It'd be possible to create new recourses and make their names and description "Battle of Dagorlad; This is where Sauron was defeated lots of years ago" but for every battle there would have to be a single recourse and that'd be if not impossible at least lots of work for small gain
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Unique unit for OotM in Moria? Given the wealth and power that used to reside in Dwarvern-held Moria, it'd be safe to assume that there would be alot of fancy weapons and armour in there when the Goblins took over - so perhaps a nice, heavily armoured Goblin "noble" unit is in order?
    Yes, I realise that the idea of goblin nobles is absurd, but it would make sense that the strongest, meanest, smartest goblins would surely have come into possession of some really nice looted Dwarvern arms/armour and used it themselves?
    Next one has probably already been posted but I think it's got enough legs to warrant repetition - a new warg unit for OotM (maybe OoG too) that throw javelins before they charge. It'd be higher tier than the current wargs because they would have the same strength and all, just with javelins thrown in. It makes sense to me, as it fits with the Goblin's skirmish/brute force tactics and style.
    Hope this wasn't all garbage and thanks for making such a hella awesome mod and giving all of us players a place to vomit all of our stupid thoughts.

Some environmental changes would be good... In the books the outskirts of Helms Deep are described as very much filled with deep forest and a couple of big hills. In the game its pretty much just flatland with only a couple of trees....

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Forests? Where did you read that?

Theoden describes it as having many fair homesteads and orchards. But that is not exactly forests.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

He's probably reffering to the Huorns who came to the Hornburg to clean up the orcsies

Prehaps, seeing as the TATW team has mastered the idea of Custom Settlements on the campaign map, maybe now would be the time to introduce a type of "Kalmar Union" event to TATW so one can merge Arnor and Gondor into the Reunited Kingdom. Anyone think this can be brought into the game?

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

The Kalmar union script is already included. Eriador can form Arnor

I think he means that Arnor and Gondor can form the Reunited Kingdom.
    In it for the rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    The Kalmar union script is already included. Eriador can form Arnor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizad View Post
    I think he means that Arnor and Gondor can form the Reunited Kingdom.
    @Wizad: Yes I did mean that. That is assuming it is possible to pull off the feat if certain objectives are met. (Such as destroying the One Ring, Mordor, and Isengard. Reforming Arnor. The Kings Road (the old High Road now commonly known as the Green Way Road) must be rebuilt. (Which of course would mean that Gondor and Arnor would connect borders and/or use the Rome: Total War script for Highways in order to build said road in certain cities.) If it is considered more accurate lore, Arnor must have control of Minas Tirith. And last, the ruling Steward of Gondor at that time must die.) Of course, the script may be considered to big and might crash the game, so I don't really know if it is really possible. But is is good to dream, yes?

@Mhaedros: Oh, I see. I did not realize that was the Kalmar Union script for TATW. My mistake.

Can you make it where cavarly charges go more deeper into enemy lines?

Mordor should start the campaign with a diplomat names The Mouth of Sauron i don't know why they didn't put this guy in the game.

Hey guys, new soundtrack from the hobbit is available. I've got a file named "over the misty mountains cold", thought you guys might be interested in checking it out.

give the orc factions a revamp just like the elves and gondor...

I think Mordor should not only have a diplomat called Mouth of Sauron but also Black Numenorean infantry, cavalry and archer units. You could not recruit them too often as they would be very rare (the appearance of Mouth of Sauron in the books suggests there were still some Black Numenoreans hiding somewhere in evil lands so my suggestion is not unfriendly to lore), but these descendants of "Kings Men" would be at least equal to their Gondorian counterparts. Handy whenever you think you need elite forces instead of masses of good for nothing orcs. You could recruit and retrain Black Numenoreans only in Mordor and in cities you have taken from Gondor once their culture is at least 80& Followers of Melkor.

Also...I think the game is too simplified. Followers of Melkor culture should be deleted and replaced with three new cultures: Orcs (OotMm, OoG and Mordor), Evil Men (Rhun and Harad) and Isengard. These evil cultures would get much better along with each other than with their philosophical enemies such as Dunedain, Northmen, Elves, Dwarves etc and one culture building in common for them all would still be Temple of Melkor if possible. If you are a good faction and exterminate a city population after an offensive siege victory, you will gain more respect if a majority of their culture are orcs but you will gain more dread if a majority of their culture are Evil Men. If you are orc faction, it would work vice versa. If you are Evil Men faction, extermination would always bring you fear points and mercy respect points.

I am not sure how is it in latest patches but I feel those Servants of The Dark Lord who work like inquisitors from vanilla M2TW, should be erased from the mod if they havent been erased already. They are very hostile to lore. Roman Catholic Church had active inquisition hundreds of years ago but Dark Lord worshipping world in Tolkien Legendarium does not work like RCC. As the movie suggests, just before Battle of Pelennor, the biggest concern for Gothmog and Witch King was how to deal with Gandalf and not when will some "friendly" inquisitor stab them in the back and take their life. The books suggest no high ranking inhabitant of Mordor (least of all nazguls) had a cause to fear becoming an object of Saurons disgrace if they did not have a clear and strong reason for it. Sauron clearly was no Stalin. Worst of all, I heard someone tell inquisitors sometimes killed Sauron himself for lack of faith or heresy.

I would also like to add to my earlier inventor suggestion: industrialization. This would give you the opportunity to build factory. It would mean you could build more buildings and recruit more units at the same turn than normally (normally, it is two at most I think).

I'd like to have this taken in.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=523822

Always hated to be asked for ransom. In Middleearth we do not take prisoners and we never ask for ransom.
    Therefore for campaign_script.txt:
    Code:

monitor_event ScrollOpened ScrollOpened captor_ransom_scroll
     disable_cursor
     campaign_wait 0.001
     disable_ui ransom_prisoners_button
     disable_ui release_prisoners_button
     select_ui_element execute_prisoners_button ;select_ui_element stores and passes the ui element, but only ONCE!!
     simulate_mouse_click lclick_down
     select_ui_element execute_prisoners_button ;new command, new select needed
     simulate_mouse_click lclick_up
     enable_cursor
    end_monitor
    + removal of the corresponding traits for executing or releasing or ransoming prisoners.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

I would very much like the Daylight Savings CTD bug to be fixed.

Shadytash's Avatar Foederatus

make goblins less orc like.. smaller and actually generals who look like goblins
    maybe make durburtz (slain by balin) the leader?

orcs in general look slly in comparrsion to the other revamped units.

make orcs of gundabad more unique.