Page 57 of 82 FirstFirst ... 732474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1633

Thread: Suggestions

Default Re: Suggestions

lol, fully aware of the fact that I don't have to accept adoption offers, I never do. It's just that children are born regularly, just like in M2 and because the existing generals live so much longer than the vanilla version of the game, you end up with a significantly higher number of generals than you would in basic M2. Like I said, just a suggestion, that's all, would like not to have to send them off to die because they cost me too much to maintain. Thanks :-)

Quote Originally Posted by alex9337 View Post
    lol, fully aware of the fact that I don't have to accept adoption offers, I never do. It's just that children are born regularly, just like in M2 and because the existing generals live so much longer than the vanilla version of the game, you end up with a significantly higher number of generals than you would in basic M2. Like I said, just a suggestion, that's all, would like not to have to send them off to die because they cost me too much to maintain. Thanks :-)
    This isn't a perfect solution, but try it.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ht=executioner
    The Executioner submod, in a nutshell, lets you kill off any of your characters, without needing to send them into battles/on ships.
    I haven't tried it though- I never felt the need.

Commanding House Baratheon of Dragonstone in War of the Throne

Thanks!

I realize that Ents are available only via the autonomy of Fanghorn, they only stay with you for a short while, etc. I would love it if the Ents were available as Mercenaries in the Fanghorn region, perhaps only to the "good" factions, if that is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by alex9337 View Post
    I realize that Ents are available only via the autonomy of Fanghorn, they only stay with you for a short while, etc. I would love it if the Ents were available as Mercenaries in the Fanghorn region, perhaps only to the "good" factions, if that is possible.
    Wouldn't really make sense in the lore as ents wouldn't fight for you cause you pay them.

I realize it's not "lore" but I am just trying to figure out a way to get ents based on game mechanics, lol. I remember being able to get them in previous versions of this mod and I would like that ability again. Making them really expensive (both in initial cost plus ongoing upkeep) would make the decision an interesting one.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Ents do not fight for money, period. What interest could they have in such? It is directly against Lore.

But, this thread is not for discussion.

Right, it's not for discussion, it's for suggestions. That's what I was making, a suggestion. :-)

Rhaenys Targaryen's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey guys, I was playing some good old vanilla M2TW and I played as the Mongols in a custom battle and something came to my mind.
    Why doesn't Rhun have the Mongolian accent for their units on the battle map? I think it's much more fitting than the Arabian accent, since Rhun is inspired by Asian cultures. I think it would be nice if this was done until voice acting for Rhun has been made. It would also be cool if the campaign map characters also had the Mongolian accent, I know that they don't talk if the player is playing as them but it would be quite interesting for when the non-Rhun player check Rhun's armies, agents, and whatnot.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

AFAIK it wouldn't be possible as long as Rhun has the same culture as Harad, unless Harad too would sound like Mongolians. Ofc it'd be possible to create a new culture, but a while ago I read that the team doesn't want to add a new culture just for Rhun
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Oh, oh, my area! *waving hand; * That's perfectly possible, the accents is not restricted by culture, so if the crew consider it of interest it can easily be done :
    You can even give a single unit their own accent, as we have done in MOS for uniqe heroes etc.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Rhaenys Targaryen's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Oh, oh, my area! *waving hand; * That's perfectly possible, the accents is not restricted by culture, so if the crew consider it of interest it can easily be done :
    You can even give a single unit their own accent, as we have done in MOS for uniqe heroes etc.
    Oh wow that's nice to hear, hopefully there's a chance that this might actually be done.

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    That's the battle map ones, not the strategic map ones, right?
    I once made a mini-mod for that too.
    Aure entuluva!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by KnightsTemplar View Post
    That's the battle map ones, not the strategic map ones, right?
    I once made a mini-mod for that too.
    Well, true, a faction can only have one official accent that determin their strat map-voices, while units within a faction can get other accents for the battle map. Useful when it comes to mercs for example

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default A new campaign idea to Middle earth. 1200-2000 TA

Maybe not new idea in this forum but i was thinking differen eras of Middle earth.

Like in old Medieval total (i think it was medieavl 1) wars there you choose early, mid and late era when you started game.

Think about year 1200 Arnor has dived to 3 kindoms Arthedain, Cardolan, and Rhudaur, lindon is more powerfull than end of third age and then there is Angmar, and Dwarves has Moria. in 1440 or something there is kin strife in Gondor.

there is lot of material to do this era if you look old Roleplaying games material like MERP

http://wiki.lindefirion.net/Gondor

http://lindefirion.net/maps/Cardolan1650.jpg

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Arnor:_The_Land

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Moved to the suggestions thread
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

they are numerus sub mods for that era look here with search engine
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Yes I think Ihx's idea has already been done. Just search around in the submod forum. Some of them might not be compatible with the latest 3.2 version of TATW though.
    In it for the rep.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

For the second time in a row in a Gondor Campaign, Isengard has overrun much of Rohan and I have had to send Imrahil with a halfstack to keep my ally actually worth anything, and for the second time in a row Saruman has died fighting me over Adorn, this time in a siege. Last time he and two FMs fell in a field battle (all three fought to the last) this time Saruman sat inside Adorn, alone or with other FM I do not know. End result in both cases is that Isengard's blitz killed them as a faction.

My suggestion is to give Saruman 0 movement to assure he stays in his tower as he did in the books; it is Lore-accurate and it ensures the faction's survival better with a garisson being spawned to defend him if Orthanc is besieged.

Consider that mein freund.

I like Macilrille's idea of limiting Saruman. He always goes out and gets himself killed while outnumbered. The player on the other hand, should get the option of moving around Saruman.

So Saruman AI: 0 movement points.
    Saruman human player: normal movement points.
    In it for the rep.