Page 54 of 82 FirstFirst ... 42944454647484950515253545556575859606162636479 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1633

Thread: Suggestions

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Wizad View Post
    Isn't the Rhun bodyguard already a Lôke-Innas Rim unit?
    Also the Grand Serpent is already able to recruit Trollmen from Far-Harad.
    No, Khan bodyguard isnt in game, only basic general bodyguard. But yeah trollmen are from far-harad...oops

What do you mean by Lôke Khan?
    In it for the rep.

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Making ships generally faster and allowing the sailing and the construction of ships on the many rivers would help northern factions be less boring than they are now after they defeat their local orcs. Having to walk Silvans or Dale down to Mordor is annoying as it is, and for Arnor, Dwarves or the High Elves to carry their armies from up north down to Gondor to help them out a bit is almost angering, not to mention devastating for generals' traits.

So please:
    - Make ships faster across the board.
    - Allow construction of ships in river ports.
    - Allow ship sailing on the rivers.

Ahhhhhh. Jeez I'm a clown, thanks bro!

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Too much smalltalk and discussion drowns the actual suggestions for KK to see!

Had been besieged in Thandruil`s Halls, and I lose my Gateway all the time, cause not being able to put any unit on it due to that SUN BLOCK between the gateway Towers.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

KK, if it can be removed, that would make us, Elves, very happy. Keep up the good work.

And the battle was won:

American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

<offtopic mode> Hi all, I'm quite new on this forum but I know it (and TATW) well, just hadn't anything interesting to say <offtopic mode off>

Some suggestions from me:

1. Maybe split the Dwarves and Silvan Elves factions? Like East/West Dwarves or more lore-accurate names, and Silvan/Lorien Elves. I don't know how other players feel about it, but I prefer my factions to be in one place, at least at the beginning of the campaign. Maybe it's a way to make it optional choice when installing? Just suggesting. Would be good to have this option in vanilla, without installing submods. I'd appreciate it, even if the splitted factions would have the same units.

2. I think that Middlearth should be a bit more populated. Adding some new villages and towns would make gameplay more interesting, as player hasn't really much to do when playing as northern faction (after defeating OoG/OotMM). Delra's idea of making ships able to sail on the rivers is good too.

3. It would be hard to implement but I think that stack spamming should be reduced. For me fighting against full stack of enemies every few turns makes the battles less epic. I haven't the feel of importance when it comes to great battle - I fight great battles all the time. I imagine the war rather like this: a lot of smaller and greater fights and the important, deciding battle in the end.

Bob Doad's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman93 View Post
    <offtopic mode> Hi all, I'm quite new on this forum but I know it (and TATW) well, just hadn't anything interesting to say <offtopic mode off>

WELCOME!
    O and i nom nom nom on rep so yea...click the button...im waiting
    Promoter of:

What do you mean by Lôke Khan?
    In the lore for Rhun theres a all powerfull king called the Loke Khan who was ordered to make a army for sauron. The Rhunic generals unit is just a general.

Faster movement and more endurance for Raiders, specifically the Isengard Uruk-Hai Raider unit. I believe Uruk-Hai Raiders similar to the ones the Fellowship encountered at Amon Hen, were intended to be able to cover large distances at speed (and in daylight). But in practice on the battlefield this unit feels slow and seems to quickly tire out. Not asking for anything superhuman, but I just think that if they are intended to be a "raider" unit, then they should have greater endurance and/or greater speed than an average unit.

This could be applied to other fast-moving, lightly armoured units in other factions as well (ie Bandits, Rangers, etc), this is just the one that stands out to me the most.

Spear Militia unit for Gondor.

Gondor Spearmen, Citadel Guard, Fountain Guard, Osgiliath Guard.

Gondor has enough spears.
    In it for the rep.

Bob Doad's Avatar Primicerius

Gondor Spearmen, Citadel Guard, Fountain Guard, Osgiliath Guard.

Gondor has enough spears.
    Yes but it would be nice to have something to counter harad. I mean 1 harad horse even in streets can cut through 6 swordsmen so its impossible to defend any settlement at the beginning unless u have a ton of horsemen yourself.
    O and i nom nom nom on rep so yea...click the button...im waiting
    Promoter of:

Harad Cavalry beats your Gondor Spearmen? Anyway this is not the place to chat. Create a new thread if you want to talk about a certain unit, or post in my Balance thread if you want to discuss overal game balance.
    In it for the rep.

I think Gondor is a very well balanced and well made faction personally. I think OoG and (particularly) OotMM need a bit more variety, maybe an elite unit or something. Not really sure what, just feel like they need something.

I've been playing this game for some time and i have to say its a great game but there are some things that bring it down, i', a big fan of the movies and the books as well. i'll list some things that i think might make the game much better, but this is all i've seen so far.

1. Male the Wargs a little faster there too slow.
    2. Different war leaders, because for Wargs the leaders are Uruk-Hai witch makes it a little bit weird.
    3.Change the Assassin for Isengard in the main map, because it looks like a Medieval character.
    4.Make the road to the main door in Hornburg stone and a bridge, because it looks just like a hill. It will squeeze the units and make it look pretty cool.
    5.Make Warg generals for Isengaurd, because all the generals have Uruk-Hai Infantry with them but i think it would look nice with Warg generals.
    6.Make the Volcano spot a war zone, like a camp, so that destroying or bringing back the ring wont just be that easy.
    7.Make the Witch King a dismounted troop and add to him the features that where in the return of the king at the battle of Minis Tirith.
    thats all i have so far but i would like it if the Tatw team would actually read this because i think these are some small points but could make the game a little better, but the game is great itself and i wanna thank you for putting your time and energy for this mod. Its great and keep up the great work. TY

Default Please fix Minas Tirith

Would someone please fix Minas Tirith so units can man All the walls, not just the lower walls.

Thanks

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Suggestion:In the lore Tolkien talks about four lost tribes of Dwarves that reside in Rhun, perhaps these clans could be represented ingame, such as heavy infantry mercenaries with a kinda archaic rhunic armour style?

Makus's Avatar Tiro

Saw a unit like this in stainless steel, where by using the alt key you could alternate primary weapons, but could do it for say spears and swords.

I'd imagine it would be lore friendly to apply this to gondorian infantry, allowing them to switch between swords and spears depending on the situation
    All Men Fall, it is but Time and Method that Differ

@ dontfearme: give more information. how would you add them?
    as an extra faction?
    I think it would be too much to ad dvarwes alongside rhûn an dale.
    then we could depict the elves of dorwinion as well.
    would make the map too overcrowded at one spot.

or would you see them more as...
    rhûns AOR?
    dvarwen AOR (if they conquer rhûn)?
    work your suggestion out a bit more, then KK could have sth to build on. just one sentence and he does not know, what exactly you mean.