Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32843444546474849505152535455565758596061626378 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1633

Thread: Suggestions

Default Re: Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by tank0fell View Post
    I would like to suggest something for the human factions.

I was thinking it would be far more realistic to let family members of the human die of old age.
    To make sure this isn't a disadvantage, they should be able to get kids way faster and also more chances to adopt someone. Also, their starting treats should be a little big higher for that.
    They do die.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by tank0fell View Post
    I would like to suggest something for the human factions.

I was thinking it would be far more realistic to let family members of the human die of old age.
    To make sure this isn't a disadvantage, they should be able to get kids way faster and also more chances to adopt someone. Also, their starting treats should be a little big higher for that.
    They already do and if your next suggestion is that the other races should be immortal then I refer you to the FAQ

Q: Aren't creatures like Elves and Nazgûls meant to be immortal ?
    A: Yes, normally they are. However due to game limitations it is not possible to have immortal generals like elves and Nazguls and mortal ones like human and orcs. We have to make them all either mortal or immortal.

I have little suggestion: making Dunland own faction?

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

I'm not sure, but I think spiders was a big mistake. Are they really part of any fight in the books of Tolkien?

I love playing as Eriador, but the thing is once you convert to Arnor your economy is basically ruined. No units get free uppkeep and if u disband them to replace them with Arnor units you usually will have to wait many turns before being able to recruit new ones. And you wont be able te retrain any current units.
    Cant this be solved? Like if u retrain your Eriador militia it will be converted to an Arnor militia?
    Thx for this awesome mod btw.

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

I don't know if this would work but... it is possible to have a leader 'off map' so for Gondor you could set Aragorn as the leader and have the 'heir' as Denethor (which is easily changed to read 'Steward') and all who follow after him. This way when the King returns he is still king. There are two problems i can foresee, i) the king dies of old age (i have no idea if the off map characters age or die while off map) and ii) when the king returns, his primary heir remains the 'Steward' which would be a bit weird.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

chriskourou, spiders were a big part of Tolkien's books. In addition to Sauron taking over Amon Lanc (Dol Guldur), many spiders also started making their home in Mirkwood and multiplying as living things do. So in effect half of Mirkwood was occupied by foul beasties of the two legged and eight legged varieties. I know it sucks with a huge stack simply bounce off a two or three unit of spiders. Hence the reason the elves abandoned southern Mirkwood.

I was thinking since the River Running is now navigable, did the Dwarves of Erebor have their own port? I can't recall ever reading if they did or did not. If it would be in keeping with lore than I'd recommending adding a port near Erebor.

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    I was thinking since the River Running is now navigable, did the Dwarves of Erebor have their own port? I can't recall ever reading if they did or did not. If it would be in keeping with lore than I'd recommending adding a port near Erebor.
    I don't believe it was navigable that close to the mountain. The goods would have gone to either Dale or Esgaroth, more likely the latter since it would have better anchorage and was close to Dale by land.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Please increase the unit recruitment by at least twice the speed of now. There is no reason to have it at slow. 12 turns for a decent unit is just way too long. It's not like you're recruiting units that are much better than any unit they'll encounter. At the moment, not being able to recruit decent units at a decent amount of time just kills a lot of fun forcing the player to play with militia units mostly.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by smoesville View Post
    I don't believe it was navigable that close to the mountain. The goods would have gone to either Dale or Esgaroth, more likely the latter since it would have better anchorage and was close to Dale by land.
    Thank you for your response Smoesville, Then what about possibly adding river ports to some of the other Dale settlements along the river especially Riverrun, currently I believe that Esgaroth has the only river port.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; July 21, 2012 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkLordSeth View Post
    Please increase the unit recruitment by at least twice the speed of now. There is no reason to have it at slow. 12 turns for a decent unit is just way too long. It's not like you're recruiting units that are much better than any unit they'll encounter. At the moment, not being able to recruit decent units at a decent amount of time just kills a lot of fun forcing the player to play with militia units mostly.

In my own personal game I raise the recruitment slots to 3 for fortresses and citadels, and to 3 slots for large and huge cities. It doesn't quite make sense to me that a large town or even a town has the same recruiting capacity as a huge city. I have also used 4 recruiting slots in huge cities and citadels but than in my opinion, that is too much. So I think adding a third recruitment slot to the larger castles and cities is sufficient.

Edit: Sorry, I see you were talking about time between units. Perhaps, they could tone it down a little bit, but not too much. Most of your army should be based on lower tier units with a few professionals as the core of the army. Actually, now I think about it, personally I think it should stay where it is at. One thing to consider is that recruitment times affect all factions whether your waiting to recruit a Fountain Guard or a Mumakil.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; July 21, 2012 at 10:56 AM. Reason: additional info

Bob Doad's Avatar Primicerius

Could there be a more interactive ring experience?
    I would love to see a trait every general has that determines their resistance to the ring and it would be based on a random chance and race i.e. an elf will more likely have more resistance than a human. The strength of the resistance determines the effect the ring will have on them when they get it. Which will be shown through more traits
    1. will they hide it or alert someone (i.e. tell sauron or the white council)-this isnt a trait but rather a choice you can make when they get it and if you chose no to alerting them there will be a chance of someone finding out based on the strength of your guy to hide it
    2. will it slow them down or speed them up on the campaign map and battle map
    3. will their bodyguard be stronger or weaker (same goes for troops)
    4. will they draw sauron's forces (chance based on the first trait as to whether or not their position will be shown to everyone each turn)
    5. will it hinder or help their ability to govern

Yea that is all I could think of but I think this should ultimately be in because it is Lore accurate AND fun. Every person to get the ring hide it minus Frodo so any general picking it up would likely face a struggle with it and not just run off to sauron or the council.
    O and i nom nom nom on rep so yea...click the button...im waiting
    Promoter of:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    In my own personal game I raise the recruitment slots to 3 for fortresses and citadels, and to 3 slots for large and huge cities. It doesn't quite make sense to me that a large town or even a town has the same recruiting capacity as a huge city. I have also used 4 recruiting slots in huge cities and citadels but than in my opinion, that is too much. So I think adding a third recruitment slot to the larger castles and cities is sufficient.

Edit: Sorry, I see you were talking about time between units. Perhaps, they could tone it down a little bit, but not too much. Most of your army should be based on lower tier units with a few professionals as the core of the army. Actually, now I think about it, personally I think it should stay where it is at. One thing to consider is that recruitment times affect all factions whether your waiting to recruit a Fountain Guard or a Mumakil.
    Ummm, no. The whole idea of Arnor is to have professional armies, not militia units with a few pros.
    The Armenian Issue

Again, I suggest for 3.3 or higher that more buildings be given to Mordor and Isengard's capitals that provide higher income, since both are meant to be highly industrialized areas. 'Mines' alone don't do it justice or give enough advantage. It would help both the AI and player to have, say, 'industry' buildings that increase income by around 1,500 or 2,000.

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

[QUOTE=MIKE GOLF;11740947]chriskourou, spiders were a big part of Tolkien's books. In addition to Sauron taking over Amon Lanc (Dol Guldur), many spiders also started making their home in Mirkwood and multiplying as living things do. So in effect half of Mirkwood was occupied by foul beasties of the two legged and eight legged varieties. I know it sucks with a huge stack simply bounce off a two or three unit of spiders. Hence the reason the elves abandoned southern Mirkwood.

I didn't know that, thanks for the information. I may have to start reading those books

Rhaenys Targaryen's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Uga the Caveman View Post
    I have little suggestion: making Dunland own faction?
    1) Remember that the Dunlendings fought for Saruman, that's more than just being allies.
    2) Check out the sub mods section, many of them make Dunland a separate faction.

Two very minor suggestions -
    Orksies get boats. Yeah, I know they're not exactly a seafaring race, but they need something to ensure that "blockade ports" missions aren't completely herpderp for ork players. Even if it's just a crappy landing craft thing that could never beat any other ships in a fight and can only travel in rivers and the coast, they need something.

Here's the suggestion I think actually might be good - two "tech trees" for isengard barracks in Dunland areas. When You're developing your infantry/ranged units, you have the choice of building either garrisions for duneldings or spawn pits for uruks. I'm not sure if it's possible to program it, but it would basically involve two different unit building lines, and you can only pick one.
    Of course, Duneldings would have to be powered-up or expanded to make the choice wortwhile, since as it stands there are only two units in the game.

Hope there was something stimulating there.

Tartan, try moving your land army on the enemy port.
    In it for the rep.

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

Suggestion: Would it be possible to expand the evil men factions? like some sort of "Loke khan bodyguard" for Rhun,improved mumakil textures and some men from far harad?

Isn't the Rhun bodyguard already a Lôke-Innas Rim unit?
    Also the Grand Serpent is already able to recruit Trollmen from Far-Harad.
    In it for the rep.