Page 49 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051525354555657585974 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Dimppa's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Suggestions

Hey might i suggest that from W.Osgiliath to Fornost every settlement would have unique building "Great north-south road".
    I know that it's really old and largely unused and in bad shape but it's still significant trade rote in close distances.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Now I am going to suggest something that will likely require a lot of work from poor KK, but which will enhance my gaming experience and that of the other Lore-lovers.

The possibility to form the Reunited Kingdom.

There could be two ways and both should be included:
    1. Like Baron's or similar, by long and ardous work. Because it is "realistic", if one of the two Kingdoms become successful enough the other, learning from the past, would want to unify.
    and
    2. A more Lorelike way, something along the lines of;
    -Remove Aragorn spawning for Gondor offering his services
    -If the player is any Good faction but FPoE/Arnor and gets the Ring, Aragorn with his Grey Comapny and a stack of Gondorian units spawns in Anorien, Dunharrow, Morthond or Pelargir (chosen at random) the turn the player gets The Ring to a province of Mordor proper (IE Minas Morgul or Morannon in practice), but so does two Mordor killer stacks at Barad Dūr. When the Ring is destroyed, two things can happen; if the AI is Gondor, the Reunited Kingdom can form. If the player is Gondor, then he gets the choice to form it with Aragorn as King and keeping the stack. If he chooses no, Aragorn goes back to Annłminas and the stack is disbanded.
    -If the player is FPoE or Arnor and gets the Ring, Aragorn must help destroy it, he gets "Crusade" movement points to ensure he can catch up with the general carrying it. If destroying it is successful, he can choose to become king of the Reunited Kingdom. If he chooses not to he should face loss of Leadership, Chivalry, Authority and all his generals and armies and people should become rebellious.
    Because that is Lore-like and has a better feel to it than Aragorn serving Gondor as merely another general.

-------------

On a similar note, when the Ring is destroyed my Generals seem to not loose its bad traits again, but remains corrupted by it- and thus worthless. Is it possible to remove most of those bad traits again once the Ring is destroyed?

I seem to lose the ring whenever I get it. Only once did I manage to reach the council without it being stolen, and then it was stolen by Smeagol the very next term, which was frustrating as I was playing as dale and it had cost me a lot of effort to both get the ring and reach the council in time, only for it to be stolen immediately. Maybe lower the chances of it getting stolen, as it seems far too excessive for me, its nigh on impossible.

Personally, I dont like the way the current system of having Aragorn switch to Gondor works-it seems kinda silly to me, having Eriador lose him and gondor gain him.

I would suggest making it so that Gondor starts with a General named Thorongil, who will stay with Gondor until Umbar is taken or he dies, with him automatically leaving after a while (say, turn 50 or something? Just pulling numbers out of my...)...Thorongil was the Alias of Aragorn, who went to Gondor/Rohan and served as a Captain until he killed the Captain of the pirates of Umbar in battle, in the lore. As such, if Umbar is taken Thorongil should immedietly leave, but come back later as Aragorn. lore-wise he should become King if possible, at least if the player agrees to this. I would propose adding Aragorn to the family tree, setting him as Heir, then killing Denathor. Boom, Aragorn is King. I would also propose that this sequence of events occurs if the player is Gondor, or if he is neither Eriador or Gondor.

Meanwhile, if the player is Eriador, when Arnor is formed Aragorn will become King of Arnor and spawn there. Gandalf could be leader of Eriador prior to Arnor formation, and come back as Gandalf the White once Arnor is formed. That way Aragorn manages to live to his lore-accurate age of 210 without requiring the old age death date to be 210. Plus, this is much more Lore-accurate for Gandalf as well. Gandalf sortuve already "took charge" of Eriador prior to the war of the ring, or at the very least was the only person trusted by pretty much all the peoples of that area. Finally it adds more impact to the Arnor/Aragorn event-now it comes with a change of Faction leaders and a stack of kewl troops to play around with.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

This is a nice idea but the game has limits, too.
    It's not that easy

Originally Posted by The Mouth

Too bad the ring doesn't matter all that much, would of been amazing if it spelled almost certain doom for Gondor and gave Mordor a huge boost to their economy, military etc.
    That is my next suggestion.

As it is now, Sauron and his single stack does not make that much of a difference to the outcome of the game; sure Sauron is nasty, but a Trebuchet can take out anyone and failing that whacking him enough with AP and charging Swan Knights will eventually do the job.

Why not let Mordor have more stacks if they get the Ring? And perhaps an extra stack spawned for all other evil powers as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Oh it will, but no discussions- and as it is now, we are actually spamming KK's thread.

According to KWF's maps, Henneth Annśn should be on the West side of the road yes. I cannot recall what- if anything- Lore says about it.
    Been awhile, but I vaguley remember in the booksat the cross-road, that Frodo, Sam and Gollum had to cross it.

Laetus

It's possible to create something like this:
    you have warg rider unit ; warg (wolf) got his own stats and rider too,but they fight together;
    if warg died ,rider fight alone and vice versa
    hope you understand

Quote Originally Posted by sylweq92 View Post
    It's possible to create something like this:
    you have warg rider unit ; warg (wolf) got his own stats and rider too,but they fight together;
    if warg died ,rider fight alone and vice versa
    hope you understand
    That is not possible in the MTW2 Engine, and probably not in any engine for a long while yet.

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

BGs = BodyGuards
    HE = High Elves; SE = Silvan Elves

What about reducing the amount of replenishment to the cavalry BGs ? Right now those are exploited a lot. Or at least reduce the amount of BGs in the unit by a quarter-third? The melee infantry BGs are actually under what they should be (could make them full-bown units) and the missile BGs (HE, SE, Dale) are the only ones that have a perfect ratio overall.

2. Maybe reduce the amount of Harad BGs that spawn ? I know it's a link between the no. of provinces and the no. of characters (and Harad has a LOT of starting provinces), but they are using them as units (and doing to Gondor what Gondor BGs do to them - not very nice of them both).

3. maybe all characters that have infantry BGs automatically receive some movement points as a trait - Logistics, etc ( only if no other balance is in place ). the factions with foot BGs do need watchtowers fast after all, like all factions.

4. the road at least from Edoras to Minas Tirith should be made on a "royal road" level. It was, after all, the most important inter-faction road and was well maintained by both factions.

5. the pass of Caradhras should give some "trade income" to orc factions because of the ambushes that usually took place there. It was the most important pass in the Misty Mountains, or maybe give some negative trade traits (also to Rivendell) to the "good factions" while the "bad factions" own it and a boost when the opposite is true. After all, Arwen's mother, Celebrian, was ambushed by orcs around that place. If anything, at least some experience to the orcs there.

6. maybe start with better roads in Gondor provinces? this is more lore-wise than game-wise and I am sure some will say that it will give Gondor too much of an advantage.

7. maybe instead of human rebels there should also be some orc rebels? I think this will stretch the game to its limit, also this is only lore-wise.

8. the garrison script needs adjusting so that the new units cannot be used after the siege is over (should be disbanded immediately).

9. the Balrog should be a character in Moria already, with 0 upkeep and 0 movement points (undisturbed trait). once the Balrog participated in a battle - "disturbed by it trait" (though not as a reinforcement) the Balrog should have the movement points and everything else restored. After all, the Balrog was capable of commanding armies, why not make it a character ?

10. the Gap of Rohan is too big and Hornburg doesn't have the strategic importance it should have. Maybe "push" Hornburg and the mountain behind it a little further north and Orthanc a little bit further south? And it should be possible to defend Rohan from Orthanc with only the Fords of Isen bottleneck. Keep the Fords and Rohan is safe. But this should be coupled with Rohan having less starting military units.

Sorry if there are things that were already discussed and rejected, I don't have the time, memory or the will to go through ~50 pages of suggestions.

Overall, this is a very nice mod and deserves to be ranked equally with Europa Barbarum, though on different categories (fiction and non-fiction). Good job, TATW Team !
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

Laetus

Balrog 0 movement points is really good idea

currently playing gondor, I've to add sth about Mūmakil.

they should be hard to kill, yes, but I personally think, they are overpowered atm.

If they crash into enemy lines - the impact is logical.
    that they are not easy to be killed by swords - is logical.
    that their archers have a farer range on their towers - is logical.

but it feels like that their archers are a bit too godlike!
    what I've to provide are no real empirical values, only feelings, but it seems like every shot of a
    Mūmakil-archer is a hit... sometimes, I've the feeling, that a unit of Mūmakil can shoot another
    unit to pieces in much more effective way and shorter time, than a normal archer-unit - and it is
    75 soldiers against 152!
    so, perhaps you could change the stats a bit, to weaken the archers on top.

another point: it is not possible to kill Mūmaks themselves with archers, but is it possible to make
    the archers on top killable?

and last but not least: the refreshment of Mūmaks
    the unit itself has 75men and five Mūmaks
    in a battle I killed two of the Mūmaks with my balistas, but the next battle I fought against the
    remnants of this army, they had agian five Mūmaks??? at least with less archers on top, but
    nevertheless annoying, because I killed two of the beasts!

EDIT

I'd like to add some images of units, that you could maybe add to the roster of rhūn.
    they would add diversity and could maybe be AORs.

special starting-general | Amdūr - lord of blades

Amdūrs Bodyguard

Warpriests (mounted)

Warpriests (on foot - (the left guy))
    Last edited by mondpeiler; June 19, 2012 at 09:07 AM. Reason: to not duble post

Mondpeiler; Ballistae take out Mūmakil easily, and when they start running wild you deal with the rest of their army, then send archers with flaming missiles and ballista to finish them while your cavalry chases the rest when routed. And when you get Trebuchets... Bring on those Mūmakil- you should actually have the trebuchets about the same time that Harad can actually recruit the Mūmakil.

I believe the MTW Engine does not make it possible to kill riders seperately. Mount and rider(s) die together.

-----------------
    Bladvak;
    Caradhras? Do you not mean the High Pass? East of Imladris? Your idea is valid though.

There are Ork Rebels, at least in the Tyrn Gothad. I play MOS though, which might influence it.

I do not believe the game engine lets garrission units disband again automatically. I could be wrong, but I think it does not.

Just you wait for EB2 ;-) But I agree, EB and this are the best, though SS is also good.

Edit; Posts: 1,000

WUHUUU!!!
    Last edited by Macilrille; June 19, 2012 at 01:18 PM.

I have a couple of suggestions here....
    1.Could you make the elven archer more accurate then militia archers, because in lore their suppose to be really accurate.
    2.Is it possible to make barad-dur a custom settlement

The Elven Archers already are. HE and SE archers are machineguns in Vanilla.

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by sylweq92 View Post
    Balrog 0 movement points is really good idea
    I too thought it was original till I remembered it was in my subconsiousness all the time : the thing was from the time I played Rome Realism (where the rebel generals have the immovable trait). So not really my idea, after all.

Come to think more about it, the Balrog should be a character : after all, Gandalf, Aragorn, even Elrond are playable, why shouldn't the Balrog be in the game ? I'd even go a step further and say that once the Balrog is awakened he should become faction leader. After all, what orc could possibly command a Maia ? Not even the Nazguls could .

I believe the MTW Engine does not make it possible to kill riders seperately. Mount and rider(s) die together.
    No, it's a bit more tricky. The archers can die separately from the Mumakil, but once the Mumakil dies then all the archers on top die too.

-----------------
    Bladvak;
    Caradhras? Do you not mean the High Pass? East of Imladris? Your idea is valid though.
    Caradhras, the pass from above Moria. Yes, that's the one. I thought that was common knowledge considering the amount of lore people around here know ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

But Caradhras is not the place Celebrian died and east of Imladris.

Pass above Moria, free of Goblins, but with a something worse, Caradhras or Redhorn Pass.

Pass East of Imladris next to Goblin Town where they raid, The High Pass. There are two though, one is low and next to Goblin Town, the other is high and was unmolested until a certain party of Dwarves and their hangers-on wizard & Hobbit got captured there. I cannot recall the specific names of each and I am too lazy to look it up.

Bob Doad's Avatar Primicerius

If mithril is not a resource i suggest it
    O and i nom nom nom on rep so yea...click the button...im waiting
    Promoter of:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

i think that there should be alot more custom generals such as elrond and eomer, perhaps denethor as well.

I have a suggestion....
    Is there any way to make all the good faction NOT sound english its kinda annoying listening to the same dude every battle, and is it possible for beornings to actually change into bears?