Page 43 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1833343536373839404142434445464748495051525368 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Default Re: Suggestions

Another suggestion I'd like to make is that you change the title if the ruler of the desecration from king insert name here to insert name here king under the mountain or heir of durin

me again - and again about (visible) armour-upgrade

I know, it's nothing really new, but I stumbled across it again...
    I don't know, if you're working on sth in this direction, because there has ben improovement (like the upgrade for gondors soldiers).

what came to my mind and I want to share is the logical issue:
    it is obvious, but sometimes one looses the obvious out of sight, so I want to state it: ()

in the different smith-stages, you get different types of armour:
    so my demand would be, (if you plan to do further armour-upgrades) to attune the developed armour to the actual seen armour ingame:

you have differen stages in the smiths:
    NONE
    LEATHER
    CHAIN-MAIL
    PARTIAL PLATE
    FULL PLATE

perhaps you could develope all the units ingame in a way that their actual state of armour is depicted ingame

examples:

the militia (whatever faction):
    it starts with NONE armour and can be upgraded to LEATHER and CHAIN-MAIL (but not further), so in this case you should maybe create two upgrades: LEATHER, CHAIN-MAIL

the high-tier-units of the High-Elves:
    they start with FULL-PLATE, so they shouldn't be abled to upgrade further
    or if you like them to be upgradeable, then ther will be models needed depicting lower states of armour.

the best would be, if you could go through every faction and every unit and develope a concept for each. that would be awesome.

(but I admit it is a lot of work)

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

As far as I understand it's not priority to create armor upgrades right now, although me and EoH might be working on a submod for this
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Include the following Units in Arnor's rooster:
    -Dúnedain Rangers
    -Lumbermen
    -Woodland Hunters

The reasoning, well presumably the Rangers become the Forferyth, "Rangers of the North" guarding the borders of the Kingdom still in the ancient tradition of their forefathers. Meanwhile Northmen do not just go away just because Arnor is recreated; they still live there plying their trades of lumbercutting and hunting. This also alliviates the problem that when you convert to Arnor you can recruit nothing for your army for a looooooooong time until your culture reaches the required levels.

Breeland Militia, Archers, etc presumably gets integrated in the Arnorian Army as militia, sergeants, cavalry, etc, but those specific units do not have an equivalent in the Arnorian Army, but they have a place I believe.

In fact I would love to see the same sort of parallel recruitment and governance as in EB, and lots of mercenaries, but I am also realistic, small steps at a time...

Foederatus

I don't know if this is posted yet, but I have some campaign-map related suggestions:
    Add the Umbar faction. Umbar was no part of Harad at the time of the lord of the rings, yes they fought on their side against Gondor but they were no part of Suladans realm. The umbar faction would make things a lot more fun, because it is focused at sea raids so that gondor needs to defend his fiefdoms more and it also makes it more difficult for Harad if they get a war with Umbar.

A Khand and/or Dunland faction(as vassal of Isengard) would also be nice, but I don't know if this is possible balance wise.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

This has been proposed dozens of times.

Neither Umbar nor Khand would make a good factions since they're locked in by allies, Umbar might chose the sea but naval invasions isn't the game's best part so there are chances they will attack Harad or in Khand's case Mordor or Rhun too because there is no way to expand.
    Also, Umbar is Harad's most important city in the game and without it they would be pretty crippled.

Dunland could be in, it is in some submods but it weakens Isengard and limits Isengard's expansion. It is not possible to have factions start as vassals I'm afraid.

Dunland seems to work fine in MOS, Isengard expands through Fangorn and Tir Limlight quite fast and sometimes even take the E provinces of Rohan.

Umbar would be nice, but as stated the engine does not handle seaborne invasions well.

Who is Suladan?

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Suladan is a Haradic warlord made up by Games Workshop

Foederatus

Khand could work out in my opinion as most of the Kandish tribes were just raiding everything, just like the Corsairs but then on land, so they wouldn't even be allied with mordor, rhun or harad. You got a point with Umbar being the biggest city at all, but I still think that if you guys can integrate naval invasions it could work out. Also Umbar doesn't have to be allied with Harad in my opinion.

Also Suladân was the serpent lord who united the Haradrim tribes and lead his army to Gondor at the end of the third age. But nobody knows for sure if this was the real name of the guy, so many people say it's not part of the lore. But I think (hope) it is.

Gondolin's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Dunland seems to work fine in MOS, Isengard expands through Fangorn and Tir Limlight quite fast and sometimes even take the E provinces of Rohan.

Umbar would be nice, but as stated the engine does not handle seaborne invasions well.

Who is Suladan?

I don't know why, but every time I play MOS, isengard invad dunland instead of Rohan, even if I play myself as dunland

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Please don't discuss MOS here as this is the suggestions thread to vanilla TATW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gousman View Post
    Khand could work out in my opinion as most of the Kandish tribes were just raiding everything, just like the Corsairs but then on land, so they wouldn't even be allied with mordor, rhun or harad. You got a point with Umbar being the biggest city at all, but I still think that if you guys can integrate naval invasions it could work out. Also Umbar doesn't have to be allied with Harad in my opinion.

Also Suladân was the serpent lord who united the Haradrim tribes and lead his army to Gondor at the end of the third age. But nobody knows for sure if this was the real name of the guy, so many people say it's not part of the lore. But I think (hope) it is.
    How do you know that the tribes of Khand were raiding everything? Tolkien surely does not state so anywhere that I can recall, and though my Lore-mastery has dwindled, it is still significant.
    Much more so than Games Workshop's,we do NOT know the name of the Haradic Lord, in fact I am pretty certain we know the names of no Haradrim at all and only one Easterling; only some Black Númenorán Lords living in Harad and Khamûl the Easterling Nazgûl.

Ngugi; can you recall any named Easterlings or Haradrim?

Becoming a historian has cost me a bit of my lore-mastery, but it has made me even more conscious of sources than before.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Nope, not really much to go on.

From the Haradrim I'm quite sure the only two we know of was the Black Númenorians Herumor and Fuinur who was leaders over the haradrim, likely númenorian names thus (haven't checked). Though I do know that the only single word we know from the haradrims language is mûmakil so I think that rule out any names at all.

We have some on Easterlings though. names from the First Age of course, which for example been used for the Easterlings of Rhûn in TATW.
    Bór with sons Borlad, Borlach, and Borthand are perhaps in (don't remember) but the name of Ulfang (the Black) with sons Ulfast, and Ulwarth, and Uldor is in IIRC.
    Brodda was a chief who ockupied Hitlum and was killed by Túrin.
    Then from the Second Age we have Khamûl, the only named Nazgûl who was called the Easterling, so it sounds fitting to assume it's a native name
    From Third Age? Nothing as far as I have ever read.

Suladân sounds like a rip off from Sala al-Din hehe. Great inspiration to base it on, but not part of Tolkiens own creation.
    Last edited by Ngugi; May 08, 2012 at 02:19 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

What if kandish faction was added? But given their golden hoard influence they could rampage across middle earth
    in that fasion. given a single capital in the east and march westward.
    Also given the merc nature u could also have other factions bordering kand. To hire them as mercs!!

also angmar faction sounds awesome!the evil men could be corrupted arnor troopsas heavies
    all of the factions could be given story driven objectives like erabor/arnor has. Eg, the dwarves could be given crusade style objective given by the dwarven coucile to retake their lost cities.

Ps. This game is awesome!! lol
    Last edited by Mhaedros; May 09, 2012 at 08:03 AM. Reason: double post

Welcome to the Forum. We are glad you like the mod, I know KK smiles every time someone praises it.

Sadly the MTW2 AI is not an Artificial Intelligence, but an Artificial Idiot. Factions attack their neighbours for expansion, simple as that.

The Dúnedain of the North kept faithful and was not corrupted, so "Angmaerim Arnorians" is Lore-rape, and any remnant of Angmar after Gondor's wrath was unleashed, would be absorbed by the Orks of Gundabad at this point in history.

If you want to see evil men in the north, play MOS. That includes some nice Rhudaurean men and units in OoG.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Welcome to the Forum. We are glad you like the mod, I know KK smiles every time someone praises it.

Sadly the MTW2 AI is not an Artificial Intelligence, but an Artificial Idiot. Factions attack their neighbours for expansion, simple as that.

The Dúnedain of the North kept faithful and was not corrupted, so "Angmaerim Arnorians" is Lore-rape, and any remnant of Angmar after Gondor's wrath was unleashed, would be absorbed by the Orks of Gundabad at this point in history.

If you want to see evil men in the north, play MOS. That includes some nice Rhudaurean men and units in OoG.
    thanks. i will deff check out MOS. Love the lore for arnor so i keep on playing the faction dispite getting my butt kicked lol

One suggestion for the arnor campaign maybe have woodsmen in some villiges since i find millitia kinda dont alway cut it when facing some more combat orienated foes like orc and such.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mouth View Post
    It would of been possible in rome, but not medieval.
    oh yeah, forgot that it is only in rome, shame.

seeing area specific units like FPOE have with the hibbits, eg gondor/rohan with the host of dunharrow(if thats possible) to me it would give some factions more flare in battle and it would seem better for those specific areas when fighting to claim them

I have another suggestion (actually 3)

1 would be to make each faction to have their own special king model rather that the men of dale and rohan (pre-theoden) or the high elves (post Elrond) and silvian elves (pre legolas) have diffrent looking leaders

2 please make Balin, Bard, Dain, Haldir (spelling?) and Celeborn unique skin heroes

3 and finnaly make Frodo and the Balrogs imerging generals (Frodo would apear if a the shire is attacked by an orchid faction or if Eriador gets the ring and the balrogs if a their is no general in Moria when its attacked or if gandalf is LEADING the army that attacks Moria he would have smallest possible number of bodyguards but would be heavily traited enough to last ages (not as Lo.g as sauront though he survives to long)

I know I have many suggestions and my typing style may seam rude I a quite sorry if I come off that way

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

seeing area specific units like FPOE have with the hibbits, eg gondor/rohan with the host of dunharrow(if thats possible) to me it would give some factions more flare in battle and it would seem better for those specific areas when fighting to claim them
    They are included in TATW, but disabled for some reason. They might be usable in 3.2 or something like that, but for now Baron Samedi's submod is the only one I know of which enables them.

1 would be to make each faction to have their own special king model rather that the men of dale and rohan (pre-theoden) or the high elves (post Elrond) and silvian elves (pre legolas) have diffrent looking leaders

2 please make Balin, Bard, Dain, Haldir (spelling?) and Celeborn unique skin heroes
    It's a lot of work, and I don't think it's high priority at the moment.

3 and finnaly make Frodo and the Balrogs imerging generals (Frodo would apear if a the shire is attacked by an orchid faction or if Eriador gets the ring and the balrogs if a their is no general in Moria when its attacked or if gandalf is LEADING the army that attacks Moria he would have smallest possible number of bodyguards but would be heavily traited enough to last ages (not as Lo.g as sauront though he survives to long)
    The balrog is already in the game, he spawns when Moria is attacked or when specific conditions are reached when you play OotMM. Frodo would be a nice though.