Page 42 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950515267 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Suggestions

It'd be possible to make it a new unit, only available for Mordor. Anyone here played CoW? Me neither, but I've looked through the dwarven units and one of them is a battering ram. It looks just like the usual one, but it's a unit instead. I'm not saying Grond is a good idea, but if someone wants to make it, it'd be possible
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

Maybe make it only available in the Anorien region, and then destroyed after the siege.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailhog250 View Post
    Um.. Not to insult anyone but who here honestly thinks making grond would even be possible? I'm not even sure you could make it without making it the 'default battering ram'. (hence all evil would use it)

Let's say you could make it work in game, the biggest question... Why? What purpose would it serve? Other than to break down the first gate at Minas Tirith. Ok..... Look at this from a modder's point of view.

You spend hours modeling grond.
    You spend hours texturing grond.
    You spend hours making grond in code.
    You spend hours balancing grond.
    You spend hours fixing ctds and bugs.
    (above all else I sill don't think a 2tnd ram/4th siege engine is possible - gameplay engine limts)
    I'm not sure you could make it so just trolls can push it. Since they're considered Heavy Infantry class and Heavy Cavalry I think by stats/game engine. (imagine if you will an orc band regiment pushing it)

All this... For an overpowered Ram that will only be useful for a few seconds in game? (imagine it backing up like the other battering rams when it breaks down a gate)

Think about what could be done instead of this.. New scripts. New units. New factions. New regions. Balancing. Bug fixes. New settlements. (generic and custom)

And flying units are also not possible either I'm afraid.. More game engine limits. Yes, I know custom settlements were once considered 'impossible'. But a tool was made for them, and let's face it. Even now that's more realistic mod/game engine wise than flying units.
    Yeah I agree, I would rather have the developers working on new scripts, New units and so forth. Grond would be an overly complicated feature to include. Just thought that it may of been a cool extra to add to TATW. I do have another idea, maybe a new unit that could belong to Gundabad could be "Mountain trolls." If anyone has ever played Lotr the battle 4 middle earth 2: rise of the witch-king you'll know what they look like. Would be cool to see them added, and even if they can't be added for Gundabad, they could act as rouge/ rebel units just moving about, across the lands. If that's possible.

As Trailhog250 said before ... too much work for very little use ... the hours spend on making grond possible could othewise be spent on improving/making scripts to enchance gameplay experiance ... AI improvement and balancing ... and custom settlements ... so that the game would bring you as close to the lore as possible and be enjoyable ... maybe a few units for the orc factions to give them a bit more variety ... but only if those units are remain lore accurate and preserve game balance ... and as i said before ... the faction list is good ... adding small factions with insignificant power or impact on the world is exaggeration and as far as i'm concerned it should be avoided

Trailhog250's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Kaiser View Post
    Yeah I agree, I would rather have the developers working on new scripts, New units and so forth. Grond would be an overly complicated feature to include. Just thought that it may of been a cool extra to add to TATW. I do have another idea, maybe a new unit that could belong to Gundabad could be "Mountain trolls." If anyone has ever played Lotr the battle 4 middle earth 2: rise of the witch-king you'll know what they look like. Would be cool to see them added, and even if they can't be added for Gundabad, they could act as rouge/ rebel units just moving about, across the lands. If that's possible.
    I think you mean "Hill Trolls". As we have Mountain Trolls

Don't know if Hill Trolls are lore accurate or not, (let's face it EA isn't ) but it would be an interesting Troll unit for them though.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure there is a Hill Troll unit already

Quote Originally Posted by Trailhog250 View Post
    I think you mean "Hill Trolls". As we have Mountain Trolls

Don't know if Hill Trolls are lore accurate or not, (let's face it EA isn't ) but it would be an interesting Troll unit for them though.
    I have a couple of questions. First what is "lore" exactly, I read a lot of posts where people have stated if its Lore accurate or not. I'm still new to these forums and would like to know what it means. It would help me a lot lol. Second. I should of corrected myself earlier, but the unit I was talking about where "Mountain Giants" not mountain trolls, my bad. Here is a quick picture of the unit I was thinking about. I would like to see them be apart of Gundabad, or at least the Orcs of the Misty Mountains.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Lore basically means if it happened in the books or not. Those giants where made up by EA for bfme2 and aren't very accurate

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

The Lore-fundamentalist steps in and says that we know them only from The Hobbit in the curious passage where they come out during the storm in the Pass to throw boulders at each other- obviuously added to make the storm more scary and the contrast to the happy days below the greater (Tolkien uses this contrasting a lot in all his work), and later where Gandalf says he will try and get a friendly giant to block the "Fronch Porch" of the Goblins.

Consider in contrast the pass at Caradhras where all they hear is voices in the wind, and hints that there are malignant beings behind those voices (LoTR being more of an adult book than The Hobbit, the story of the failed attack on Caradhras would scare a child with their vivid imagination less).

That to me tells us that Giants might concievably be Lore (but that- as much else in The Hobbit- are iffy), but they are nobody's but their own; more like an elemental force. That you can trade and do deals with them if you dare, but that they serve only themselves and definately not in anyone's armies.

I would suggest that in the 3.2 patch there should be a new model for the knights of dol amroth and also some new models for the older units in game like the ones from harad. also add some more troops for ootm and oog. And of course more custom settlements

Icon3 3 unit suggestions

I would like to suggest 2 units.

"Half-orcs" for the faction Isengard:

They were usually the product of a union of Men and Orcs. They were not as wide spread as Uruk-hai, but they were still deadly. It is recorded that Half-orcs came to be by an evil act of sorcery where Saruman bred Dunlendings with the Uruk-Hai, the evil Half-orcs were the result of this union. The Half-orcs were slant eyed like orcs yet as tall as men.

Not sure this could be used as some kind of "medium infantry unit" or more like a "elite infantry unit" for Isengard?

"Goblin-men" for the faction Isengard:

In the movies Gandalf tells Elrond that Saruman has cross-bred orcs with goblin-men. This may have made the Uruk-hai in doing this. Goblin men may be a cross-bred of Goblins and Men, Men and Orcs, or Uruks.

In The Two Tower video game Uruk scouts are green. They could be Goblin Men. Uruk-hai in the game seems to be greenish to. Lurtz is blackish brown, so all the Uruk-hai in the game, or all the scout uruks could be goblin men. In the Amon Hen level Legolas says that they must defeat the Uruk-hai when the entire enemy's are scouts. Goblin men could be a kind of green Uruk. Also, they could be Half-orcs.

I was thinking, maybe this could be used as some kind of fast light infantry unit for Isengard?

"Wild Dwarves" for the faction Rhûn

Rhûn was the domain of the Easterlings, Men of Darkness who were ready to follow both the Dark Lords and fought as their allies in war. These lands, too, were peopled by lost Elves, Avari and Úmanyar, and by four of the seven clans of the Dwarves.

I was thinking, maybe there should be like 1 or 2 Dwarve units for Rhûn, but very expensive ones. So that they are only used very few and cannot be used too much as a "counterpart" against the Dwarve faction.

Icon4 Re: 3 unit suggestions

As for the post above, I meant 3 units...

The Mouth's Avatar Ducenarius

Are their any plans to add the Mouth of Sauron (A.K.A. myself )? (Preferably as a general)

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Gondolin's Avatar Tiro

The mouth is expected to be made in the heroes submod !! (:

Well thats good news. +rep for your helpfulness
    Last edited by The Mouth; May 06, 2012 at 10:58 AM.

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Think that Mumakil should be able to knock down gates or walls, seeming as they can't fit through gates.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure that's not possible due to game limitations

Is it possible 4 Mumakil to be able 2 smack units into the air when they attack, like the sort of animation you see when a group of Horses smash into the enemies front lines, you can see troops flying into the air for a brief second. Be cool to see the Mumakil do that.

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Think that they already do that when they charge at full speed IIRC.
    Can't remember if they cause that when they do the tusk attack.
    Aure entuluva!

Quote Originally Posted by Crispicus View Post
    Think that Mumakil should be able to knock down gates or walls, seeming as they can't fit through gates.
    It would of been possible in rome, but not medieval.