Page 39 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1429303132333435363738394041424344454647484964 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Suggestions

I wish that while frozen land on too of the map had like 5 settlements with the Lossoth faction, it does not have to be Playable but as AI controlled or rebels it's just a lot of space that's is not being used properly

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

There is a limit to the number of factions and regions in MTW2. Forodwaith was as sparsely populated as N. Canada and Greenland. There should be nothing really. I would rather see some of the settlements already on the map taken to somewhat more than villages and the additional faction slots used for Men of The Vales, another Easterling and Haradrim faction, etc.

I would like to see new generals get Blackroot Vale Archers, Ithilien Rangers, Swan Knights, and whatever the Infantry General has for Gondor. Gondor has too many Generals. Some of those settlements you guys made are cool.

That mountain Fortress. The Orcs can't possibly defend that against a bow-centric army as they don't seem to have any bowmen. Ram the gate and let your archers have a field day.

Defending East-Osgiliith is confusing. I was defending the river crossing for some reason. Even setup wrong, two Gondor Militia and two Archers and a General ,who gained several levels, still held it against a horde of Orcs. That Red faction is much tougher then Orcs.

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

You have Boromir with his Citadel Guards. And the game issue a 'govenor-general' for each settlement plus one or two 'field general'.
    So Gondor have a lot of lords due to this; and also the lore mentions a lot of them.

And Gondorians are supposed to be stronger than orcs. They are outnumbered 3-5:1 for breakfast.
    The Easterlings and Harad(the red guys) are better as they are Men - they are just better. Don't ask. lol
    Aure entuluva!

I think that if its possible their should be a script in game that once you have taken all of ithillien a gondor (morgul vale included) and rebuilt osgiliath says something like "you have pushed the foul orc and menacing haradrim out of your ancient lands and have a sufficient defensiveness zone to make osgiliath one grand city" this would make east and west into one city as after the rebuild the garrisons of both cities would fight together against all foes and you don't get reinforcements from them and if all of ithilien is taken another would come up saying the foul foes have pushed you back to the anduin banks you now have a choice to make cut the bridges and leave the east to its fate. (remakes east and west osgiliath and destroys the bridge between them) or leave them together and hope a larger garrison will win the day against the forces of darkness. both give an advantage and a disadvantage for cut the bridges you lose an easy way into ithillien but mordor loses an easy entry to gondor or leave together give you the reinforcemebts from what was the other city as two armies but if you fall mordor takes the anduin altogether

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

^That would be quite interesting.

We flood poor KK with all our suggestions. Imagine him taking a break and coming back to 200+ suggestions. LOL...

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Nah, this is probably the thread he views the most.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

I know, but as TATW probably cannot pay for his rent or substitute a social-/family life he has to take breaks sometimes.

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

It might have been suggested but could it be possible to move the Border of Anórien and the neighboring province so that the western most gate of Rammas Echor could use the custom tile of the other region (so we could have 3 gates instead of 2).
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

I know it's not possible to add Dunland as a playable faction, but keep them with Isengard but we normally think of them as backwood rednecks, however they were organized, they had a realm of them own heck they even besiege Hornsburg once they did not succeed but they were capable. I think Isengard should have more Dumland units, yeah some of them carried pitchforks and clubs so have some lower cost units that do so but also have Dunland swords men, ax men, pike men, spear men, archers and horsemen

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

It is possible to add Dunland as a separate faction, some of the submods have them afaik.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Quote Originally Posted by smoesville View Post
    It is possible to add Dunland as a separate faction, some of the submods have them afaik.
    MOS has Dunland; "Wild Men of Dunland".

It would be nice to have The Men of The Vales as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    MOS has Dunland; "Wild Men of Dunland".

It would be nice to have The Men of The Vales as well.
    While the lore standing of either faction can't be denied, the gameplay problems created by either faction are too big to take establishing either faction seriously.

The big issue with Dunland is that, right now, Isengard is already the absolute weakest of the evil factions, which is fairly ridiculous. As Rohan, it's easy to have Orthanc taken by turn 7, and the faction annihilated by turn 20. If you remove even *more* territory from Isengard (and necessarily cut the Dunland units out of their roster) you're making them even *more* weak, which not only damages the gameplay, but also the lore (Isengard was a serious threat to Rohan and the other free peoples.) Furthermore, even from a lore perspective, Dunland was at war with Rohan solely on account of Saruman (and, unlike Harad and the Easterlings, did not continue to fight after the defeat of their master.) As such, I'm not convinced that there's even that much of a lore basis for making them independent from Isengard, though I would like to see Dunnish mercenary units available to both good and evil factions.

There's certainly a much better lore foundation for the men of the vales. On the other hand, though, that particular part of Middle Earth is already ridiculously saturated with good factions. You have the dwarves, high elves, silvan elves, and Eriador all fighting in the central north of Middle-Earth, and only the OotMM, Gundabad, and a sole Mordor city fighting against them. Adding yet *another* good faction would disrupt balance beyond belief. I posted a suggestion several pages back arguing why Dol Guldur ought to be its own faction. If that happens, it might make sense to consider adding the MotV, but as it is, it would just screw with the gameplay unnecessarily.
    Last edited by Garriath; April 26, 2012 at 12:02 AM.

I saw leave Isengard and add several new Duneland units to it, Duneland swordsman, pitch fork men, ax men, pike men, spear men, javelin men. Archers, crossbow men, Calvary. It would. Be like a duel faction, two factions in one

It works fine in MOS, Isengard expands E and S going for Fangorn, Foldburg, Tir Limlight, etc and taking moist. While Dunland expands S and N, taking Tharbad, Gineard and the one N of Pinnath Gelin. Rohan is under pressure definately and as Gondor I have had to support them. So MOS gets it right.

If I may draw on my EB experiences, there are many factions that start only with one or two provinces in areas full of other factions and some even right next to major powers such as the Arche Seleuka. I think it is possible, I very definately do not believe DolGuldur should be made its own faction, but the point about balance is right; it would require a strenghtening of Mordor's N force and economy, or possibly of the OotM.

Something else from EB that we inherited and expanded from RTW.

Wonders.

Middle-Earth is full of wonders, could they not give certain bonuses- especially to certain races? I do not reveal too much I think by saying that we will continue to have them in EB2, so it is possible in the MTW2 Engine.

Places like
    The Argonath
    The Crossroads of Ithilien
    Folcred and Folcwine's barrow at the crossing of Poros
    Dunharrow
    Etc
    Last edited by Macilrille; April 26, 2012 at 03:06 PM.

I have a few suggestions. What I reckon would be a cool addition to the mod, would be the option in the Third age campaign when Sauron calls an invasion, you should be able to call a counter-invasion against the armies of Sauron. This could be implemented through a Beacon system (like in the movies/books) that runs across the mountain connecting Helms deep to Minas Tirith. That would make the invasion more exciting because you would have all the armies of good and evil fighting outside the walls of Minas Tirith or Edoras. Another quick suggestion is maybe pushing back the time of invasions that are called, if you can push it back to about turn 80 or sometime around there. It would give the player(me) more time to build my armies up. The final suggestion would be to fix the movability on the map, it can be very annoying having Harad move across the River Anduin, without boats or anything like that. It makes having Osgiliath Pointless, as it was the only way for units to move across into Gondor by foot. Well that's enough of me rambling on, i would just like to finish up by saying that this is by far the best lotr games i have ever played and it is the most enjoyable.

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Kaiser View Post
    I have a few suggestions. What I reckon would be a cool addition to the mod, would be the option in the Third age campaign when Sauron calls an invasion, you should be able to call a counter-invasion against the armies of Sauron. This could be implemented through a Beacon system (like in the movies/books) that runs across the mountain connecting Helms deep to Minas Tirith. That would make the invasion more exciting because you would have all the armies of good and evil fighting outside the walls of Minas Tirith or Edoras. Another quick suggestion is maybe pushing back the time of invasions that are called, if you can push it back to about turn 80 or sometime around there. It would give the player(me) more time to build my armies up. The final suggestion would be to fix the movability on the map, it can be very annoying having Harad move across the River Anduin, without boats or anything like that. It makes having Osgiliath Pointless, as it was the only way for units to move across into Gondor by foot. Well that's enough of me rambling on, i would just like to finish up by saying that this is by far the best lotr games i have ever played and it is the most enjoyable.
    Check out the submods section for various flavour of 'counter-invasion' - Baron's Submod for Gondor/Rohan mutual support, Ngugi's submod for Dunedain counter-attack and so on.
    The second suggestion with the timing of invasion is also in Baron's Submod;
    The third: It's because of the retard of the AI, they need path into Gondor, otherwise they just won't even move up.
    You can still remove the path though, but I can't remember the full detail- it involve simple editing of a bitmap IIRC.
    You can also block the crossings with your ships.

The above opinion for your time being before anything new comes out.
    Aure entuluva!

Cheers Templar, i'm still trying to figure out the ins and outs of the forum, but your reply was useful. One question is that when you use ships to block armies, does that stop them from moving into your own lands (i.e, Haradirm into Gondor) or can you only block them when they are inside their own ships??