Page 29 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738395479 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Suggestions

It's a town, not a village I think it's good as it is. In the future it'd be cool with a custom settlement, that can be rebuilt tho
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Just playing through as Gondor, and I noticed that there doesn't seem to be an option to grant autonomy to the Druedan forest. IMO, it's one of those things that would probably be nice but not hugely important enough to be a high priority; and I imagine the woodwoses would yield up some kind of reasonably strong (but horribly under-armored) bowman unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    It's a town, not a village I think it's good as it is. In the future it'd be cool with a custom settlement, that can be rebuilt tho
    You know I meant the type of settlement The name means ; "Fortress of the Elves"(ost=fortress + edhil=elves) by the way.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

From Tolkeingateway;

Not that important it is city or castle but "rebuilt" will be nice, really

Anyway, I will change it wooden_castle for myself

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure that's some kind of fan-fic The name is correct, but the pic looks VERY weird.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

@ Syanur + Mhaedros
    Ost-in-Edhil was with the rest of the Eregion destroyed and most inhabitants killed unless they fleed to Imladris and Lórien ca 1697 Second Age. And they never returned nor rebuilt the land or city.
    As can be further noted when the Fellowship enter Hollin (Eregion) in chapter The Ring Goes South;
    [Gandalf] 'There is a wholesome air about Hollin. Much evil must befall a country before it wholly forgets the Elves, if once they dwelt there.'
    'That is true,' said Legolas. 'But the Elves of this land were of a race strange to us of the silvan folk, and the trees and the grass do not now remember them: Only I hear the stones lament them: deep they delved us, fair they wrought us, high they builded us; but they are gone. They are gone. They sought the Havens long ago.'
    Edit: Concerning fan-fic so AFAIK there are no description on how Ost-in-E ever looked.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Nice infos @ngugi, Thanks.

Yes it is a ruin still. It is shown at the movie also, very short time. But it takes place in the mod....

Actually it is contradiction. Bec. Ost-in-Edhil never rebuilt again and nobody lives out there; but it is in the mod as a town...

Well, for that matter, most of Eriador is completely unpopulated; I always got the impression that until Aragorn rebuilt things, that Annuminas was more of a camp of a few rangers than even a largish town by 2980. But Total War is centered around not having huge stretches of wilderness........ short of giving it a population of like 200 at the start, I'm not sure what else you can do.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

400 is the smallest, due to engine limitations

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Well, to reform Arnor you need to build the House of Kings for wich you need a large city. It is a town/large towm so you do not die of old age before reforming Arnor.
    Aragorn needs to be alive and with such a small population it would take far longer then his life.

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

i finally get Arnor at turn 187

wit could be nice when u go to rivendell for the council of elrond with the ring and accept the mission,heroes with a battalion each could spawn to help you and remake the fellowship of the ring,1 unit with gimli,1with legolas,1 with boro and maybe one from shire,along with aragorn grey company and gandalf....its possible?

i would like to read one TATW member answer....

again supreme mod

i was just i my limits to reform arnor....
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Well, there is the fellowship campaign for that.

knicolas2's Avatar Senator

yes but this campaign doesn´t work at the moment? or is it a problem of my computer...

new suggestion: can you make it maybe possible that you can put archers on the walls of minas morgul? and maybe archers above the gate of minas tirith... . ?

Fellowship campaign doesn't work atm no.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

The world Swarthy is used to discribe the easterlings which means dark skin, dark skin as is tan, brown and black, why not assume some of the easterlings are black. I mean today in the middle east you have brown skin and black skin Arabs? So why make black skin units?

Foederatus

I noticed, that the mordor-fortress right of west-osgiliath (witch-kings-home?) is hardly to defend.
    I conquered it as Gondor and had nearly a full army with in with Faramir and spear-gondorians(?).
    then I got attacked by a big mordor-army with Ologhai inside (Ai-spawn-army i bet!). And I only had 200 gys left after.
    Problem was I was not able to put my archers on the wall. As beauty as this Fortress is, defending only this one gate is not so em, nice...
    I hope KK is rebuilding some of the special settlements. Same with Minas Tirith and the inner walls.

Da Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Isais1 View Post
    The world Swarthy is used to discribe the easterlings which means dark skin, dark skin as is tan, brown and black, why not assume some of the easterlings are black. I mean today in the middle east you have brown skin and black skin Arabs? So why make black skin units?
    There are no black skin Arabs and the people of Rhun have to represent the hordes from the east who aren't exactly black.

Just one quick suggestion, when playing as Harad, I've found that an invasion of Gondor on the South coast is nearly impossble due to the massive and powerful armies that keep spawning in Gondor. Wondering if this could be reduced?

Quote Originally Posted by dudan1 View Post
    Just one quick suggestion, when playing as Harad, I've found that an invasion of Gondor on the South coast is nearly impossble due to the massive and powerful armies that keep spawning in Gondor. Wondering if this could be reduced?
    First - This is not a suggestion.

Yes, you can change it from scripts. Reduce or remove spawning... "Officially ask..." threat will help you much...

knicolas2's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Benson View Post
    I noticed, that the mordor-fortress right of west-osgiliath (witch-kings-home?) is hardly to defend.
    I conquered it as Gondor and had nearly a full army with in with Faramir and spear-gondorians(?).
    then I got attacked by a big mordor-army with Ologhai inside (Ai-spawn-army i bet!). And I only had 200 gys left after.
    Problem was I was not able to put my archers on the wall. As beauty as this Fortress is, defending only this one gate is not so em, nice...
    I hope KK is rebuilding some of the special settlements. Same with Minas Tirith and the inner walls.

Da Benz
    i had the same problem. maybe you could make it possible to put archers above the gate of minas tirith two? like in west osgiliath..