Page 20 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829304570 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Default Re: Suggestions

You can have him spawn in the family tree, but you can't decide where exactly in the family tree

Generalpatton334's Avatar Foederatus

Default flying nazgul

Apparently if you play the hydrule total war mod for medieval 2 there is flying unit types with working animations like dragons. I was just thinking is it possible to ask permission to use the units and change their skin to match fellbeasts. A.k.a. play the hydrule mod it is basically legend of zelda but more of a rts game

Generalpatton334's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: flying nazgul

Quote Originally Posted by Generalpatton334 View Post
    Apparently if you play the hydrule total war mod for medieval 2 there is flying unit types with working animations like dragons. I was just thinking is it possible to ask permission to use the units and change their skin to match fellbeasts. A.k.a. play the hydrule mod it is basically legend of zelda but more of a rts game
    heres a link to a video that features there creatures
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du12m..._order&list=UL

I've noticed that it is kind of hard to command units within the custom settlements because there are so many individuals in a unit that there just isn't enough room, how hard would it be to scale the settlements up in size so that we have room for the massive battalions? Or would this be too much work? Thanks

Christonikos's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Third age total war 3.1 suggestion

1.The Fellowship campaign shouldn't be included in 3.1 version.
    2. It's called garisson script, and if you look at TATW forums you 'll find a way to remove it.
    3. Have you set unit size( scale) to low?

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Third age total war 3.1 suggestion

It's not the garisson script btw, could be but if he did besiege Minas Tirith but I doubt that after 5 turns.
    It would be a vere extreme example of the free stacks the AI receives every now and then

Andor Vex's Avatar Libertus

I don't know whether this is possible, but is there a way to add something like "Combat bonus in the dark" to the orcs? Then you would have to make them a little bit weaker because they fear the sun, but they would fight as well as they used to (or even a little bit better?) in the night. I know it might be forcing Orc players to play at night but it would make sense lore-wise.

*Facepaw* Silly me, I just finally looked at the fellowship campaign and its obvious its going to be story driven with hero focus! I am sooo looking forward to this !!! You guys rock! If I was a millionar I would so fund you <3 <3 <3

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by BabyLure View Post
    *Facepaw* Silly me, I just finally looked at the fellowship campaign and its obvious its going to be story driven with hero focus! I am sooo looking forward to this !!! You guys rock! If I was a millionar I would so fund you <3 <3 <3
    Sorry to break you, but it doesn't work currently.
    Think that something's wrong.

EDIT: just ran a tracing logging, there are something seems wrong
    Code:
    17:32:11.901 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : unrecognised record id ME Archer Militia requested.

17:32:11.901 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : unrecognised record id ME Archer Militia requested.

17:19:36.799 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Fellowship_Campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 211, column 14
    Building specification type hobbit not found in building database
    17:19:36.799 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Fellowship_Campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 211, column 14
    could not create settlement at script line 211.
    The only error there is no solution mentioned in the log.
    Last edited by KnightsTemplar; January 24, 2012 at 03:33 AM.
    Aure entuluva!

Quote Originally Posted by KnightsTemplar View Post
    Sorry to break you, but it doesn't work currently.
    Think that something's wrong.

EDIT: just ran a tracing logging, there are something seems wrong
    Code:

Building specification type hobbit not found in building database
    could not create settlement at script line 211.
    The only error there is no solution mentioned in the log.
    My mistake, I should have specified. I know that it doesn't work, but from looking at it I can see how its going to be based and I am looking very very much forward to it. If you enter the costum campaign it will say what the campaign will be about and from what I've read its very promising. Wondering when it will be available though

What about adding leo.civil.chefs custom settlements?

Quote Originally Posted by ppetrus View Post
    I used to follow the suggestion thread before the 3.1 but I do not have much time lately, so forgive me if my suggestions have been already made. Ok, to the point:

1. I play good factions mostly and all of my campaigns ended with the evil factions being crippled by good factions. Dwarves dominate goblins and not only, Dale destroys Rhun, Gondor killing Mordor and Isengard being halved by Rohan and Arnor. My point is to implement a script detecting whether you play good or evil. After a while, say 25 turns, your side will start to gradually loose scripted money bonuses. 25 turns after it will have slowered unit replenishment. Around turn 100 your side's factions will act like the ai in the vanilla m2tw on normal difficulty does. It will give a feeling of epicness and that the future of ME depends only on your actions. You will need to rush to help your allies or be forced to face all of the enemies by yourself.
    The best way to implement it, would be with SS-fashioned starting screen, where this and all the others scripts would be OPTIONAL.

2. I am not sure how rebuilding Osgilliath currently works, but I think that the speed of population increase in Osgilliath as well as Annuminas should be improved. To achieve this, one could "build" a "decree" ordering people to repopulate the cities.
    Cost = 0
    Construction time = 1
    Population growth boost + 10
    In example of Annuminas, the decree would be tier 1 "building", and it would get later on replaced with the Hall of Kings (which, naturally, does not improve the population growth).

3. Bodyguards. First of all, I hate them being overpowered. The community disrespects people relying on bodyguards. I partially agree, as full stack of Dunedain bodyguards of mine managed to make their way to the very Barad Dur with no general-losses. Challenging? Tactical? Lorewise? No. But still- it is a unit, has its upkeep and needs to have its military purpose. My suggestion is to make bodyguards' units 30-60% smaller. This way, they will not dominate the battlefield, while still able to change the courses of action in crucial moments. What is more, I believe that the bodyguards of different factions are too similar. My ideas to make them more unique:
    A. Many poeple are talking about warg bodyguards for OOTMM or OOG. I think it is a must.
    B. Isengard bodyguards might get worse defence but also an additional hit point.
    C. Rhunnish bodyguards should be more kataphraktoi-alike. 150% of current charge bonus but 50% of sword attack.
    D. Harad bodyguards might get quite opposite: devastating dual swords, but almost no charge. What could be more serpentish?
    E. If elven bodyguards are 90% ranged and 10% melee and dwarves are their exact opposition in all of the Tolkien-influenced fantasy, dwarven bodyguards should get their 10% ranged. Minimal range and ammo francescas would do. Gimli had it. Do you?
    F. Rohan bodyguards should get their bows but I think it would come with sacrificing swords, so I am not that convinced myself.

Please, feel free to comment
    okay my thoughts on your suggestions
    warg body guard! YES. must have, however i do not beleive making generals body guard smaller will help at all balance the game, swan knights are as good as GB alone and Gondor cavalry are close. I think the only thing that makes them so OP is that they regenerate, which is the big reason they are looked down on, (with Imrahil you get a whole group of replinishable swan knights) Personally i find other bdyguards to be fine, just mordor, OoG and OoTMM need warg body guard. The only other i would change is Rhun, their GB just doesnt perform like Gondor/Rohan/Eridor/Harad GB for some reason, is it me or do they charge really really pathetically?
    Osgiliath is crazy to restore (first you upgrade the(east) city to a huge city from 500 pop then upgrade the (west)castle to a citadel ) so i agree with some alteration to that however i found as Eriador if you sacrafice a huge amount of your budget and a general (preferably gandalf as he starts with pop boosting stats i think?) to sit in there and soak up all the squalor reducing traits you can get Annuminas up in about the time it takes to wipe OoG, and Aragorn is about 55? I have had Vh/Vh campaigns i have had to restart due to allies being wiped out, without the trade and military support you cant sustain a war no matter how hard you play so i think there is a sense of randomness to each campaign i like it tbh but i can only see it being very hard and enough people already ask for help as they are getting wiped on medium/medium. But i a more refinable difficulty would be awesum.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

I want freaking movie Eomer I hate getting the the fat old guy for his portrait

The portrait is random now so there is a small chance you get Eomer on it
    I would say the bigger problem is the model, I don't want a generic general (same goes for Theodred btw, he's now the bearded viking general)

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Also how about a new unit of Hobbits called "Weed Puffers" they smoke weed and blow the smoke to the enemy which in turn gets them high and they move really slow and so are easier to kill

If you make it. No chance of this getting into vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    The portrait is random now so there is a small chance you get Eomer on it
    I would say the bigger problem is the model, I don't want a generic general (same goes for Theodred btw, he's now the bearded viking general)
    I very much like how the Gondor heroes have unique bodyguards, like Boromir being a foot soldier and Faramir being an archer, while Imrahil is a unique cavalry unit. It makes the generals more unique and fun. I would hope that would be the case for Eomer and Theodred as well (obviously cavalry units, but maybe unique cavalrly units?).

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    Faramir isn't a archer, he's using a sword
    Very true, but his bodyguards are Ithilien rangers, who uses bows.

We have Faramir, Boromir, Tehoden etc with unique skins. I want Eomer with he's epic armors nd traits. By the way he's the heir of Theoden in the books and the game has only he's name...

And what about some more unique cityes? We saw Nordinbad, Mithlond etc. in other games.

Ah! And one more, there should be four campanings. The Stroy, The Third Age(What is there already), Second Age(based on the first war of the ring, and the war of the last aliance, First Age with the map of Beleriand, and with the people of Angbad, Valinor, Grey-elves, the three houses of the men, the Kingdom of Gondolin, the First Dwarvew of the Blue-mountains all based on the Silmarillion! It would be awsome!
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; January 29, 2012 at 09:39 PM.