Page 19 of 82 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728294469 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Default Re: Suggestions

Okay i have not read through the suggestions page as its as long as my arm but I loved the mod and thought i had some thoughts that I am sure others have had. Okay i completed the game on VH/VH as Gondor. Skip the life story and how each battle went.
    what i would really like to see
    -Something for mordor to stop my cavalry.
    -I found proffesional Gondor spearmen and Infantry to be very weak in comparison to the Modor amries I face almost every three turns. A slight balancing buff on their defensive stats would be nice. I found fountain gurard got mauled even when charged by low grade orcs . Don't get me wrong i can easily win the battle but the losses make me folorn at the upkeep costs.
    -Black numenorians would be an awesome counter to swan knights as i found once dol Amroth was churning those bad boys out i was unstoppable.
    -Armoured/proffesional version of the Pelagir Marine would be a cool adition.
    - Gondor i feel is very hard early game, if the AI works at its best. I had to re-start a campaign many a time due to roll overs by joint Harad and Mordor, i feel the crossing at the Anduin from Pelagir is a little bit unneccesary. I just think having a few of the fiefs supporting Gondor having at least some buildings prebuilt (farms and trade) would help wonders.
    -Overall i feel Eriador and OoG have not enough units.
    Personally i know for balancing issues this would be a no go, but I would have loved it if the standard Generals body guard for Eriador were Rangers rather than mounted cavalry, would have made ambushing and holding those killingpit bridges alot more messy

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by willclark1993 View Post
    Okay i have not read through the suggestions page as its as long as my arm but I loved the mod and thought i had some thoughts that I am sure others have had. Okay i completed the game on VH/VH as Gondor. Skip the life story and how each battle went.
    what i would really like to see
    Welcome to the forums
    -Something for mordor to stop my cavalry.
    Mordor gets stronger untis later on (Uruks (and trolls to some extent)) who can deal with cavalry pretty well. I don't think they really need it
    -I found proffesional Gondor spearmen and Infantry to be very weak in comparison to the Modor amries I face almost every three turns. A slight balancing buff on their defensive stats would be nice. I found fountain gurard got mauled even when charged by low grade orcs . Don't get me wrong i can easily win the battle but the losses make me folorn at the upkeep costs.
    Gondor sprearmen are not extemely good, but they are still good. Gondor infantry is usually a lot better against mordors mainly spearmen-based armies.
    And when you let fountain guards get mauled by orcs, you're doing something wrong You should never have FG in spearwall formation as it makes them 10 times weaker. If you manage them well they can easily have a 300-400 kill/50 loss ratio when fighting against crappy orcs

-Black numenorians would be an awesome counter to swan knights as i found once dol Amroth was churning those bad boys out i was unstoppable.
    -Armoured/proffesional version of the Pelagir Marine would be a cool adition.
    Actually, marines are already professional troops But I see whet you mean, though I don't thing heavy armor really fits for a "marines" unit. They have to be quite flexible on sea, so heave armor is not very usefull then
    - Gondor i feel is very hard early game, if the AI works at its best. I had to re-start a campaign many a time due to roll overs by joint Harad and Mordor, i feel the crossing at the Anduin from Pelagir is a little bit unneccesary. I just think having a few of the fiefs supporting Gondor having at least some buildings prebuilt (farms and trade) would help wonders.
    Gondor is hard to play, agreed. But a little challenge makes the game more fun, right?
    -Overall i feel Eriador and OoG have not enough units.
    Personally i know for balancing issues this would be a no go, but I would have loved it if the standard Generals body guard for Eriador were Rangers rather than mounted cavalry, would have made ambushing and holding those killingpit bridges alot more messy
    Agreed on this. Ranger bodyguars would be a lot more awsome. I love kicking ass with a bodyguard unit, but when tour army mainly relies on the bodyguard of the commander, it feels wrong...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by BabyLure View Post
    I disagree. Don't get me wrong, I'm bad at this game like I am bad at most games I just prefer the struggle. I'm not making 15 000 each turn like the above player, I'm maybe making 1 000 or 2 000 on a good turn. I have 2 armies and I'm at turn 10 something and so far so good. Been fighting rebels and mordor and playing on medium and hard and if your having problems I would suggest playing on easy for campaign difficulty and maybe even easy for battle so you don't loose too many troops.

I'm saying this because I know there are people who want different challenges. For me its hard on medium/hard, but I'm making it work. Sure I struggle sometimes, but thats the point for me. I'm Gondor, the bulwark of the west. I'm suppose to struggle. By my blood and the blood of my people are these lands kept safe!

Try playing it on easy and if its still to hard, then I would suggest they fix it so that easy is in fact easy (easy is ment for the very casual economy players, while I consider medium to be for regular casual players).

Thats my opinion anyway. Also, back to topic: want linear story driven campaign XD
    With respect, I don't think you are quite getting what I mean, I do not find it too hard as it is, I am doing fine with any faction I play, I am just finding the pace too slow, which just makes playing a grind. That is why I suggest a difficulty and speed setting.

Thanks for the welcome
    I found that even uruks didnt stand much of a chance but then again the halberds never got near my lines once, I like using archers in this mod.
    ah yea was playing fountain guard spearwall
    i supose its like citadel guard get mauled and very hard to control if you sheild wall them?
    I see what you mean about the marines the plate wouldnt fit but i still think they look a little bit too much like militia but thats all in the look
    I just find it annoying that its not like a bridge or a crossing so you cant stick a balista two stacks of archers and a militia stack and hold off the flood!
    True and Eriador would end up how i play early game Gondor, stack your generals body guard for units that self replenish till you can afford the losses.

Quote Originally Posted by DPM714 View Post
    With respect, I don't think you are quite getting what I mean, I do not find it too hard as it is, I am doing fine with any faction I play, I am just finding the pace too slow, which just makes playing a grind. That is why I suggest a difficulty and speed setting.
    Hey if you want a faster paced game look on the sub mods section there is a mod that gives you the option for an Arcade style game (troops buildings take less time cost less money and you get proffesional troops much much quicker) But it also increases speed of AI progression too.

Quote Originally Posted by willclark1993 View Post
    Hey if you want a faster paced game look on the sub mods section there is a mod that gives you the option for an Arcade style game (troops buildings take less time cost less money and you get proffesional troops much much quicker) But it also increases speed of AI progression too.
    Does this work for third age specifically and where can it be found? Could you link me? Do not want it to be too fast, but definitely up a gear or two, the mod could not be successfully released in the TR franchise with the current pace.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

It's called Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods and it includes a lot more than Total Recruitemt, but everything is optional

Edit: You can find it in the submods forum

For a long time I think immigration should be key for culture conversion of cities,but I think it can be implemented by special buildings which should work something like this:
    You build colonial center and after it's construction you pay 1500 for 1000 men,and i 3 turns in other cities with more then 70% needed culture appears negative population growth...for example -8...and after that in your city appears those 1000 colonists with needed culture,this should complet present culture conversion system...just with elves in change of culture studios I think there should be only this feature as well as for dwarves,by changing folowers of Melkor(orcs or Haradrim) to elven culture you don't get elven units...

I used to follow the suggestion thread before the 3.1 but I do not have much time lately, so forgive me if my suggestions have been already made. Ok, to the point:

1. I play good factions mostly and all of my campaigns ended with the evil factions being crippled by good factions. Dwarves dominate goblins and not only, Dale destroys Rhun, Gondor killing Mordor and Isengard being halved by Rohan and Arnor. My point is to implement a script detecting whether you play good or evil. After a while, say 25 turns, your side will start to gradually loose scripted money bonuses. 25 turns after it will have slowered unit replenishment. Around turn 100 your side's factions will act like the ai in the vanilla m2tw on normal difficulty does. It will give a feeling of epicness and that the future of ME depends only on your actions. You will need to rush to help your allies or be forced to face all of the enemies by yourself.
    The best way to implement it, would be with SS-fashioned starting screen, where this and all the others scripts would be OPTIONAL.

2. I am not sure how rebuilding Osgilliath currently works, but I think that the speed of population increase in Osgilliath as well as Annuminas should be improved. To achieve this, one could "build" a "decree" ordering people to repopulate the cities.
    Cost = 0
    Construction time = 1
    Population growth boost + 10
    In example of Annuminas, the decree would be tier 1 "building", and it would get later on replaced with the Hall of Kings (which, naturally, does not improve the population growth).

3. Bodyguards. First of all, I hate them being overpowered. The community disrespects people relying on bodyguards. I partially agree, as full stack of Dunedain bodyguards of mine managed to make their way to the very Barad Dur with no general-losses. Challenging? Tactical? Lorewise? No. But still- it is a unit, has its upkeep and needs to have its military purpose. My suggestion is to make bodyguards' units 30-60% smaller. This way, they will not dominate the battlefield, while still able to change the courses of action in crucial moments. What is more, I believe that the bodyguards of different factions are too similar. My ideas to make them more unique:
    A. Many poeple are talking about warg bodyguards for OOTMM or OOG. I think it is a must.
    B. Isengard bodyguards might get worse defence but also an additional hit point.
    C. Rhunnish bodyguards should be more kataphraktoi-alike. 150% of current charge bonus but 50% of sword attack.
    D. Harad bodyguards might get quite opposite: devastating dual swords, but almost no charge. What could be more serpentish?
    E. If elven bodyguards are 90% ranged and 10% melee and dwarves are their exact opposition in all of the Tolkien-influenced fantasy, dwarven bodyguards should get their 10% ranged. Minimal range and ammo francescas would do. Gimli had it. Do you?
    F. Rohan bodyguards should get their bows but I think it would come with sacrificing swords, so I am not that convinced myself.

Please, feel free to comment

Hey guys,i like this mod but i suggest making a patch for resolving the following "Problems" :

1. In the Fellowship Campaign all Dunedain Bodyguards are half burried in the ground and have huge bows-they can't move and the game crashes (i'll post one image).
    2. In the normal campaign,after you take an enemy's there are huge armies apearing (they are there to stop you steam-rolling enemies too early,i know,but that is nonsense if you play on vh/vh,you'll steam-roll after you'ved got your elite units)+ they have elite units (one gondorian army had SWAN KNIGHTS and Fountain guards in the first 5 turns!).If they had only simple units,there wouldn't be a problem,but i can't defeat that kind of units with militia grade ones...(if there are any submods,post a link)
    3. This one is more of my problem,but there are others i think,the autoresolve thing shouldn't be like it is now...my PC is kinda old and it cannot run large battles (full banner armies) and i have no chance of winning them...i may try large scale battles with lowest settings,but i don't have much hope in that.

Here are some pics of dunedain bodyguards.
    Last edited by Ishan; January 25, 2012 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Double Post

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Elves are too weak (yea now we get this) and spiders are really sick. They ate right through my Elven line, killing 3 Elven units when I only killed 20 or 30 spiders
    Edit the game files...i'ved made them much stronger and trolls weaker

1. In the Fellowship Campaign all Dunedain Bodyguards are half burried in the ground and have huge bows-they can't move and the game crashes (i'll post one image).
    2. In the normal campaign,after you take an enemy's there are huge armies apearing (they are there to stop you steam-rolling enemies too early,i know,but that is nonsense if you play on vh/vh,you'll steam-roll after you'ved got your elite units)+ they have elite units (one gondorian army had SWAN KNIGHTS and Fountain guards in the first 5 turns!).If they had only simple units,there wouldn't be a problem,but i can't defeat that kind of units with militia grade ones...(if there are any submods,post a link)
    3. This one is more of my problem,but there are others i think,the autoresolve thing shouldn't be like it is now...my PC is kinda old and it cannot run large battles (full banner armies) and i have no chance of winning them...i may try large scale battles with lowest settings,but i don't have much hope in that
    4. Buildings cost alot..i would have them cost exactly like in m2tw,and unit costs are huge(+ upkeeps). Personally,i edited game files,but others would like these whigs in vanilla (takes ages to edit)

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by jurjeskovici View Post
    Edit the game files...i'ved made them much stronger and trolls weaker
    You dug deep in this thread
    I now made them as OP as they should be

Also, there should be a rule that you are not allowed to write entire bibles as suggestions, you people all write these huge texts

Default Re: Third age total war 3.1 suggestion

KK said the fellowship campaign wasn't meant to be played the first versions
    Last edited by Ishan; January 25, 2012 at 02:40 AM. Reason: not needed

I don't read posts that are more then a few lines unless they are a mod OP so it doesn't matter how much you write, I stop at 5 lines
    Have to write a long post myself today though

Quote Originally Posted by jurjeskovici View Post
    3. This one is more of my problem,but there are others i think,the autoresolve thing shouldn't be like it is now...my PC is kinda old and it cannot run large battles (full banner armies) and i have no chance of winning them...i may try large scale battles with lowest settings,but i don't have much hope in that
    4. Buildings cost alot..i would have them cost exactly like in m2tw,and unit costs are huge(+ upkeeps). Personally,i edited game files,but others would like these whigs in vanilla (takes ages to edit)

1) Fellowship campaign isn't playable in 3.0 nor 3.1
    3) reduce unit size to small
    4) that's because KK wanted to make the game harder and longer than m2tw
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Playing with Rohan now, and Eomer came of age. His portrait is not the movie Eomer, nor someone who resembles the book Eomer but a fat man with a coif. Can this be fixed in the next version please?

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

Only if Eomer was 16 at the start of the game so he starts as an actual general or if you spawn him when he should come of age but then he can't be in the family tree