Page 18 of 82 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627284368 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Suggestions

Haven't seen you in a while, welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkwood_Elf View Post
    There is a Fellowship campaign
    But will this be a conquest campaign or will it focus on a linear story with following the fellowships from the shire and across their journey. I'm asking, because that would be awesome XD

Especially with hotseat since I love doing linear stories with friends <3

hello all.

i made this account to first of all say thank you for a fantastic mod and second to give a few suggestions

(ALERT WALL OF TEXT INCOMING)

first of all i think it could be cool if units like Snagas, goblins and the more "Unordered" kinds of Orc units would have a "leader" figure like the banner bearer but instead of holding a banner he would hold a whip and a weapon preferably a blunt one since it would be mostly used against "arguing" Orcs lorewise that is and a living snaga is a much better meat-shield than a dead one (don't have to carry a live one for it to work).

now what most people will say is that its probably to much trouble to make a "good-looking" whip for a character that will be barley visible and i agree with that so how should it be done in a simple way?
    well you could just make a "rolled up" version that he's holding in his left hand or it could be his only weapon and that he raises it when the unit receives an order (like the general).
    oh and the character holding it should be an Uruk in mordors case and orc feller maybe in gundabads case and i have no idea when it comes to misty mountain orcs since in my opinion it should be a big orc that threatens and bullies the smaller ones in line.

now on to number 2

pretty much a unit of the orcs i described above but it should be a very small and sort of mediocre unit that's not really something you but in front of charging riders.
    now what use would these be then? well they could be a unit with special abilities like increasing moral or even rally ability making them a very useful unit for Mordor, Misty mountains and the orcs of gundabad and making them top priority targets for the enemy.

number 3 and hopefully i don't get new ideas midpost now.

just something that might be a solution for the uruk-hai Mine problem well couldn't the solution be that it has a zero range projectile but with a really big damage area and by that i mean big enough to actually hit the "minecart" itself and thereby destroying it together with a few unlucky sappers but hey that's what they get paid to do (they do get paid right?) it could actually be big enough to actually wipe out the whole crew thereby making them onetime use siege equipment

now thanks for reading this and sorry for crappy grammar, spelling and English but i have syndromes to blame.

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by BabyLure View Post
    But will this be a conquest campaign or will it focus on a linear story with following the fellowships from the shire and across their journey. I'm asking, because that would be awesome XD

Especially with hotseat since I love doing linear stories with friends <3
    Linear story: lacking the multiplayer part sadly.
    (Unless someone find a way to mess with the 'imperial campaign'?)
    Which I would be very happy (and assemble the largest force ever to CRUSH SAURON)
    Aure entuluva!

Cro-Gamer's Avatar Civis

I dont know why and i dont know if its necessery but it would be cool if you could add a kind of information if someone important dies, like Gandalf, Boromir, Faramir, Legolas, Gimli and all the others....

Valandur's Avatar Campidoctor

I honestly think the economy in this mod needs a complete overhaul.
    Playing Gondor, I can barely afford to build structures in my main cities, let alone building soldiers to withstand against the onslaught of Mordor. Whilst realistic showing Gondor's military/economical position, for me it doesn't make for a very fun game. I can never make it past Turn 10 as Gondor without rage quitting unless I've changed my King's Purse in the descr_strat, which I've resorted to doing. And despite doubling Gondor's King's Purse, I still struggle to keep building production going, and occasionally I can spare money to build a unit.
    I think an obvious solution would be to decrease the cost/upkeep of units and structures, or making it so trade in this game isn't so weak, or even increasing the population of some of the starting settlements so they don't generate such little income. When I conquer a new settlement, I feel like I'm meant to gain an influx of gold, yet it just ends up being a waste of a settlement as I can't even afford to build there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele Bachmann View Post
    They would be incorrect. The only path to happiness is through Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Valandur View Post
    Playing Gondor, I can barely afford to build structures in my main cities, let alone building soldiers to withstand against the onslaught of Mordor. Whilst realistic showing Gondor's military/economical position, for me it doesn't make for a very fun game. I can never make it past Turn 10 as Gondor without rage quitting unless I've changed my King's Purse in the descr_strat, which I've resorted to doing. And despite doubling Gondor's King's Purse, I still struggle to keep building production going, and occasionally I can spare money to build a unit.
    I think an obvious solution would be to decrease the cost/upkeep of units and structures, or making it so trade in this game isn't so weak, or even increasing the population of some of the starting settlements so they don't generate such little income. When I conquer a new settlement, I feel like I'm meant to gain an influx of gold, yet it just ends up being a waste of a settlement as I can't even afford to build there.
    You tried moving your capital to tornost i think is best (castle right of dol amroth)

Here I go again

TA:TW needs Great Eagles. Even if it sounds quite a dum idea, I have seen modders making flying creatures. First of all, Warhammer. They have made/are making Great Eagles. How high will they fly depends on M2TW system. I believe it is possible to make such thing. The type of the unit would probably be Cavalry or Elephant.

In-game they would be faction or the same as ents(Ents go to War...). I've got some ideas about it.

Eagles would be more like "reinforcements" which would help you in few battles. Radagast would spawn in Eriador, Dale, Dwarves and maybe Silvan Elves randomly, staying there for 3-5 turns, making you available to call on the help of the Eagles with Radagast(Radagast would be like Imam calling on Jihad, but calling on to help of the Gwaihir). Even if Eagles in Hobbit aren't described as ones who help the good and minding other's business. They, however, mind movements of orcs and goblins and hunt them, protecting their own home and other's(Even if goblins couldn't reach Eagles's lair).
    But in Lord of the Rings, Eagles come to aid in the last battle.

If Eagles would be like Ents, when Orcs of Misty Mountains become too active(Attack Lorien and take over Cerin Amroth) they would attack many of orcish settlements away of the mountains.
    EDIT: According to the M2TW system, Great Eagles would move and charge flying and fight "on foot".
    Last edited by Leaderofgood; January 17, 2012 at 03:16 PM.

Master Celeborn's Avatar Libertus

In my Gondor's games, Eriador, elves and Dwarves have a bigger army than me.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by BabyLure View Post
    Hi all. I made an account just for this mod since its so insanely awesome! Didn't start playing since 3.1, but got my friend to buy medieval 2 and kingdoms just for this mod (unfortunately we learned after that you can't use AI in multiplayer, which was suuper lame, but anyway) and we are looking forward to playing around with hotseat campaign.

My question is, is it possible for you guys to make a linear story driven campaign (thats maybe even supported in hotseat? =D). Maybe something focusing on hero units who would fight through certain challenges and would end up becoming leaders of different war groups and so on and so on. It's just something I would love to see. Maybe not the kind of suggestions you where waiting for, but there you go
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirkwood_Elf View Post
    There is a Fellowship campaign
    The fellowship doesnt work in the 3.1 version nor in a hotseat version unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    The fellowship doesnt work in the 3.1 version nor in a hotseat version unfortunately.
    Any idea how the fellowship campaign will differ from the third age campaign? Or what the fellowship campaign is going to be about?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinary Guardian View Post
    and how late Osgiliath Guards and Fountain Guard arrive (I don't especially like the looks of the former, either, but I may be alone in this).
    You're not.

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post

Haven't tried, but what happened?
    Aure entuluva!

Gondor's fine.I am currently on turn 80 in my submod testing procedure.With the base militia upkeep being 220,i am earning 4k per turn.Pm if you want tips.
    Gondor is meant to be hard .Thats why we all love it.

An Evil fellowship campagne! That whould be awesome

Awesome mod but it would be even better if there could be Minas Morgul in custom battles.
    Is there a way to enable Minas Morgul in custom battles by myself? Maybe replacing another settlement which is in custom battles?

I am playing gondor on turn 96 and I am making about 15k per turn with non-garrisoned armies in 4 positions. Frankly you just need to learn to manage an economy. The key tips i could give are:

Never support a navy
    Don't support ungarrisoned troops in cities for defence instead manage your armies to not let hostile forces near your cities and if they do just retake those cities.
    At the start of the game only support one army of the minimum size you need to take nearby rebel cities.
    At the start of the game build mines before anything else.
    Capture settlements with mines
    Do not have troops travel a long way to battle; a single militia can cost you 3k to transport from a remote city to your front line, a local militia only 400-600.
    Low taxes will give you far more profit in the medium and long term due to increased population.

Learning to manage your economy will probably be a lot more rewarding than cheating.

The absolute fastest way to build a massive economy is to ignore buildings (almost) completely and simply expand. Gondor is so easy to win with on medium/medium I have to stop expanding by turn 50 so that i don't win before I rebuild my cities and get to play with my fountain guards etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Santeri View Post
    Just look few posts above yours...
    I did not know you could upgrade the Gondor units so they changed model, even so I still think my suggestions are valid and they should be separated units.

Both in my custom battle and when I played as Isengard the new model was used not the one from 2.1 and it was pretty far into the campaign (dunno if AI is upgrading them or not).

Seconded. The population rises too slowly too, in the end it takes too long to get to the business units so you spends hours slugging around fighting bog standard unit stacks v's endless spawned stacks. I see people saying you can make it work, but honestly that takes so much micro-management that you are spending the same amount of time.

I see two options but I do not know how viable they are as I have no experience in mods. You could try and get the AI to actually care about their economy, the throughout the Total war series the AI has always been brutal at building economic resources and trade deals, if they could be made to prioritise building key economic sites and maintaining the most lucrative trade partnerships (ie impact their relations, who to fight etc) it could allow them keep up. This would allow the setting be tuned to allowing for a, at least somewhat, faster pace.

Another option would be to have a setting scale akin to difficulty settings whereby you can have three or four setting for game pace, on the faster setting trade would be worth more, population expand faster etc and on the slower option the reverse. This would cater for the preferences of a wider group of players.

Quote Originally Posted by DPM714 View Post
    Seconded. The population rises too slowly too, in the end it takes too long to get to the business units so you spends hours slugging around fighting bog standard unit stacks v's endless spawned stacks. I see people saying you can make it work, but honestly that takes so much micro-management that you are spending the same amount of time.

I see two options but I do not know how viable they are as I have no experience in mods. You could try and get the AI to actually care about their economy, the throughout the Total war series the AI has always been brutal at building economic resources and trade deals, if they could be made to prioritise building key economic sites and maintaining the most lucrative trade partnerships (ie impact their relations, who to fight etc) it could allow them keep up. This would allow the setting be tuned to allowing for a, at least somewhat, faster pace.

Another option would be to have a setting scale akin to difficulty settings whereby you can have three or four setting for game pace, on the faster setting trade would be worth more, population expand faster etc and on the slower option the reverse. This would cater for the preferences of a wider group of players.
    I disagree. Don't get me wrong, I'm bad at this game like I am bad at most games I just prefer the struggle. I'm not making 15 000 each turn like the above player, I'm maybe making 1 000 or 2 000 on a good turn. I have 2 armies and I'm at turn 10 something and so far so good. Been fighting rebels and mordor and playing on medium and hard and if your having problems I would suggest playing on easy for campaign difficulty and maybe even easy for battle so you don't loose too many troops.

I'm saying this because I know there are people who want different challenges. For me its hard on medium/hard, but I'm making it work. Sure I struggle sometimes, but thats the point for me. I'm Gondor, the bulwark of the west. I'm suppose to struggle. By my blood and the blood of my people are these lands kept safe!

Try playing it on easy and if its still to hard, then I would suggest they fix it so that easy is in fact easy (easy is ment for the very casual economy players, while I consider medium to be for regular casual players).

Thats my opinion anyway. Also, back to topic: want linear story driven campaign XD